Toast Round 6 = Collingwood 90-77 Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine Peter sitting in the stands Tuesday watching his boys tear Essendon apart in from of 95,000 people. The pride must be indescribable
He’s loving life.
Only thing better will be to see the boys lift the cup with Peter handing it over.

So by this logic AJ’s critics can’t forgive his past, regardless if his performances improve.
That is just very very strange.
The comment was that AJ's current performances make those who criticized his poor finals performances & poor pre-season look silly. My comment (poorly worded) is that the comment was wrong. His current form is great but his finals form was poor and it does not make those who criticised his poor form silly. They were right at the time

Imagine Peter sitting in the stands Tuesday watching his boys tear Essendon apart in from of 95,000 people. The pride must be indescribable

When the team Josh was playing for in colts won the flag, Peter and Gavin Brown were hugging everyone.

I can only imagine how he felt on Tuesday.

As a parent I believe it would be one of those moments where one is hit by a pride greater than any other, including any pride gained from individual success.

The comment was that AJ's current performances make those who criticized his poor finals performances & poor pre-season look silly. My comment (poorly worded) is that the comment was wrong. His current form is great but his finals form was poor and it does not make those who criticised his poor form silly. They were right at the time
Correct - they were right at the TIME.

It was the subsequent and continued criticism about AJ’s commitment/attitude BEYOND that time, that the poster was suggesting should make people look silly, given AJ’s improved attitude and performances.

I think the poster was simply indicating another example of how people are to quick to judge.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When the ball is moving quickly the ump has an instant to make a decision, ditto with yourself viewing the replay on what to pause/slow down, so no need to be hard on yourself that myself and a couple of others mentioned a couple of things that caught our attention during the game. You certainly had made a very detailed assessment.

Regarding the above possible 50m I’ve checked the replay and it was Johnson’s behind in the first quarter. To the left of screen the ump hasn’t called play on. Unlike Lever he wasn’t directly behind, however he’s a similar distance behind the mark and appears to be well inside 10m of the side. I agree it’s a silly and pedantic rule, but no less technical than running past the side of the mark, which is paid regularly.

Cheers, yep he is where he shouldn't be, or very close to it, for sure! I recall an instance on the far wing Noble running past side of player/mark, no Ess player close by and thought, gee he must be close to the protected zone (likely would have been paid a few years ago...), so let's say both teams got away with one. Ours being a certain goal, theirs being a 50m to about 40m out.

Hmm, I wonder what a review of the Adel game would reveal :think: I'll probably just do it for my own interest and not clutter up a thread with detail on each decision/non-decision but perhaps a summary.

Hmm, I wonder what a review of the Adel game would reveal :think: I'll probably just do it for my own interest and not clutter up a thread with detail on each decision/non-decision but perhaps a summary.
Might be on my own, but felt they were a bit more balanced for the first three quarters or so against Adelaide. At least our tackles were being rewarded. The last quarter seen some significant howlers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back