Autopsy Round 6 2021: Hawks comeback from 32pts down, defeat Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats on the win.

Clarkson absolutely schooled Nicks.

Your tackling and pressure was as good as I've seen all year.
Thanks, but don't know how much was Clarko...apart from giving the mids a bake at half time. O'Brien back was a big move, though

kenneje

Premiership Player
Apr 25, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Jaeger absolutely dominant in the midfield, willed us back into the game when it looked like we were about to get overrun. Captain in waiting.
Clarkson challenged the mids at half time, and Jaeger just said * it, I'll do it myself.

O'Brien down back changed the game. Negated Thilthorpe, and we looked much more balanced with a third tall down there.

Kosi/Lewis as the two talls up forward looks fantastic. 7 goals between them, and it could have easily been 10.

Wingard desperate all game, Worpels best game for the year, Hardwick brilliant kicking all day.

A few s**t things that are frustrating as always, but we saw a glimpse of the future today and it's not all bad.

Presenting your new All-Australian centre half back. :drunk::thumbsu:

296041.png

Nov 21, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chelsea, Detroit Pistons
That was stressful but a lot to like there. Timmy looked the best he has behind the ball. Frost really redeemed himself and we did it without a huge game from Tom. O'Meara massive and plenty of others to give credit to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Viddiot

All Australian
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just going to feel good about this win and crack a celebratory Red to cap off the afternoon! Really good for the lads to get a spirit building win after the hard weeks we've had.

JOM was fantastic, CJ is excellent. and there was some separation in our forward line today.
OF COURSE TOB would play well moved to the back line. Good on him, he made the difference in the air back there.

Good, never say die performance, despite the 2nd Quarter debacle, but I'm not comfortable being the Heart Attack Hawks down back. We seem to have given up rock solid defense in exchange for scoring? If we can just get both ends right on match days...

Billyc

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Enjoyable game. Nice to see some high scoring. It did look like two of the weaker sides in the competition though.

Kosi and CJ very exciting. The real positives from today and that’s what we are looking for in 2021

The backline was terrible in the first half, much better in the second. O’Brien has had plenty of lives as a footballer but he might have just found another one. His move to CHB was a matchwinner. Leave him there as one last roll of the dice.

Experienced midfield got on top of young crows midfield when they tired in the second half. That was good, but concerning that Crows midfield was able to dominate earlier in the game. Sounds like Clarko blasted them at half time and while they responded, the midfield remains a major concern.

Happy with the effort, happy with a couple young guys and happy to get a win

Anyone dumb enough or football illiterate enough to think O'Brien shouldn't be in this team can go eat a hotdog with veins in it.

Superb effort. When Maginness came on, their midfield stopped functioning. Didn't do much stat wise, but had a real impact.

Wasn’t the prettiest game, was an entertaining game with all the goals kicked but the boys got the win and they needed that for confidence going forward

CJ is so exciting
JAG enormous
Kosi will take so much out of that tremendous game
TOB - I’m the first to be critical but the move and his impact was superb
Chads tackling is first rate

Clarko looked the midfield in the eye at half time and the boys stood up in the second half - that’s what he had in his bag of tricks Dwayne - respect from his players

edit: also sounded very much a crows based crowd. Are we losing the Tassie interest

LunchboxLegend

All Australian
Sep 22, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
1) TOB is a better defender than he is a forward. By a long way.
2) Kozi and CJ are guns
3) Hardwick and Jars are warriors.
4) JOM dragged our midfield back into inot this.
5) Apart from the 2nd, Defense was serviceable. Good even.
6) Scrimmers a bit of a defensive liability, but perhaps that was fault of selectors.
7) Mitch Lewis is a dumb footballer.
8) Breust is a smart footballer.
9) Breusts fend off is as good as dustys
10) Phillips has terrible disposal.
11) I would still rather Phillips disposal than Cousins’s
12) Chad is a good Tackler
13) Morrison a quiet one, it happens.

14) even though we won, Adelaide and AFL can GaGF.

15) I am drunk.

O'Meara was HUGE
I banged on all summer about how I wanted him to be captain.

He's playing like it, regardless of not getting it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back