Autopsy Round 6, 2023 : Hawks fail to nail Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

What does my head in is that when the umpires let it go and go it creates situations where sling tackles, driving tackles etc are created, if HTB was paid more frequently and quickly the players would dispose of it or be penalised quickly. Watch replays of the late 1970’s, if you were caught with the ball it was HTB almost instantly.
The AFL will instruct the umpires to change their “interpretations” to suit the narrative of the week. They create a matrix of interpretations which can be applied by 4 umpires any number of ways. No person of any influence is allowed to speak out about it. The media won’t as it dare not bite the hand that feeds it. The public will but the AFL hasn’t listened to them for decades. It is an absolute dictatorship. It’s ironic that the most over-officiated game in the world can’t even follow its own rules on a consistent basis

The AFL will instruct the umpires to change their “interpretations” to suit the narrative of the week. They create a matrix of interpretations which can be applied by 4 umpires any number of ways. No person of any influence is allowed to speak out about it. The media won’t as it dare not bite the hand that feeds it. The public will but the AFL hasn’t listened to them for decades. It is an absolute dictatorship. It’s ironic that the most over-officiated game in the world can’t even follow its own rules on a consistent basis
Chris Scott seems to be allowed to say what he thinks about anything & everything

Like Sam said in the presser, all those tackles in the forward 50 and not one cheapie ! Would have sealed the game!
Might be the first time in his coaching I have heard him subtly comment about the umpiring

Selling home games and only half filling a stadium after all the years we as a club have invested is less than what I expect. Maybe I set my sights too high, didn’t even look that many on TV.
Both turnouts were shithouse for a state that is screaming out for their own team.
I live on the Sunshine Coast and if Gold Coast played GWS for points here I would go and watch just to be able to watch a game live.
I was done with this sh1t last year (?) when we played essendon there and got so outnumbered it was embarrassing

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

U should be done at "interpretations".. the fact that this is in the lexicon of our game is an embarrassment and shows its not a serious sport...

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jai is so well spoken, future captain for sure. I feel like we will thump the dogs next week. Winning will ensure we strengthen our 2nd and 3rd WB picks

Their were plays in his first year where he was already two steps ahead of players in the middle but we actually have good people around him now.

His footy iq is off the charts his just able to articulate it now

I'm super dark on Sicily for playing on with that handball to Jiath. You're the captain, mate. Go back, use some clock, find an uncontested mark and if it's not on, go long down the line were we can get some numbers to a contest.
He needs to set the tone, establish composure for the rest of them. That's not it.
Sicily’s handball was fine - CJ screwed it up by putting the next bloke under pressure. CJ does this a bit too often but it will come the more he plays.

They are so inexperienced out there. Getting games into these kids - and the fact they are already so competitive - is going to deliver huge dividends.

Huddo on First Crack believes.

He was a big wrap for us today, says he can see exactly what we’re doing, why we made the list decisions we did, that it already looks to be paying off and we could easily be 3-3 alongside Geelong and Swans.

I'm still baffled none of the commentators said anything , also haven't heard the rest of the media mention it as yet.
In all seriousness how hard is it to be a boundary umpire ? what credentials do you really need to poses ? you literally have 2 things to watch - ball and white line ! and when that ball goes over that white line you blow the whistle and throw it in ! that's all there is to it, there's no excuse to stuff up something that simple!
I hear what you are saying but they are not going to risk being ridiculed for making a call from Melbourne studios.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else underwhelmed by Sicily so far this year?? I'm a big Sis fan but he's just been off. He is lacking intensity, second efforts a bit poor, decision making off, and his disposal, particularly his handballs, sloppy.

His stats are a bit misleading, all kickin players have good padded stats these days. That play on handball in the last few minutes...oof.

A lot else to like today. Nashy, Duke, Amon.

Anyone else underwhelmed by Sicily so far this year?? I'm a big Sis fan but he's just been off. He is lacking intensity, second efforts a bit poor, decision making off, and his disposal, particularly his handballs, sloppy.

His stats are a bit misleading, all kickin players have good padded stats these days. That play on handball in the last few minutes...oof.

He’s always been an iffy handballer. That hasn’t really changed. It feels like he’s struggling a bit defending his man but that could be due to the wait of ball coming in and having to cover more for other defenders.

What I feel he’s most struggled with this year is using his kicking to really open the game up for us but he’s averaging more score involvements this year (3.3) to last year (2.8). So he’s been more effective to getting scores despite being in a worse team.

If anything I think it’s down to how much expectation us as fans have placed on him to be this amazing player.

Sicily’s handball was fine - CJ screwed it up by putting the next bloke under pressure. CJ does this a bit too often but it will come the more he plays.

They are so inexperienced out there. Getting games into these kids - and the fact they are already so competitive - is going to deliver huge dividends.
100% ^^^^

Again as another posted said, nothing wrong with it. Hit it's target who was running all by himself.

Sicily has barely taken kickins, Hardwick took 99% of them against GWS.

The frustrating one was Tex Walker flopping in the ruck contest, Hawkins does it too, just disgraceful free kicks.
Especially when they are allowed to shove in the back constantly in ruck contests

Probably wasn’t any other choice but i don’t see captaincy suiting him looks to be struggling a bit.

Totally agree with this.

I don't know if it's Hawthorn supporters or Tasmania in general, but we've been playing games in Launceston for 20+ years and can seldom crack more than 50% of ground sales at UTAS stadium. It beggars belief in my eyes.

It’s a Tassie thing.
Heaps of people away having and extra long weekend.

Everyone is sick of seeing the Hawks play the same teams after 20 years.

Neutrals who live in the south no longer travel to watch AFL because they can go to Norths matches down there.

We aren’t winning. Albeit everyone around me was very excited to see the young kids playing, so I’m guessing we are only getting the true supporters now

Ran out steam in the end but great effort by the boys.

the boys in blue were absolutely disgraceful, if I wanted to watch players throw the ball I would watch basketball.

look forward to watching the out of bounds on replay that were not called that cost us goals, from my angle at the game clearly out

The problem for me is consistency. HTB was interpreted very differently to any game in the last few seasons. There is a reason tackling count for the game was the highest of any AFL game this year.

Was stuck at a winery/distillery for the Mrs birthday with a bunch of her friends and the kids. Not wanting to get myself in trouble, I reserved Kayo glimpses for toilet breaks and whilst I was stuck in the never ending lines for a drink. Watched it up until about 20 seconds before Fogarty’s goal, thinking we had it with 3 minutes left. Sat down, had a sip of my G&T, bit smug, let the group know. Next thing half the bloody venue start clapping and cheering and staring at me. Hate living in Adelaide sometimes. There’s me in my Hawthorn “ugly jumper” absolutely copping it from every campaigner in the whole venue. Safe to say I was no longer in a shape to be the designated driver

The crows really tried to beat our jumper for ugliness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back