Autopsy Round 6, 2023 : Hawks fail to nail Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm super dark on Sicily for playing on with that handball to Jiath. You're the captain, mate. Go back, use some clock, find an uncontested mark and if it's not on, go long down the line were we can get some numbers to a contest.
He needs to set the tone, establish composure for the rest of them. That's not it.

Second time in two weeks a senior leadership player has made a dreadful mistake that has lost us the game. One would be forgiven for thinking we’re tanking ;)

We played well, players are emerging and we are finding some genuine players, this is the week you can complain about the umpiring though.

Was pretty funny how pathetic some of the soft frees were and not paid the other way, oh well we bank the development and keep improving.

I honestly think wingard should retire, still has a lot of value off the field but I’m not sure he ever gets his body right now

I actually think he did some great things on the field. I k ow I’m prob naïve, but I’m hoping he can play an important role getting us to finals next year.

I know that Ruckman should be doing more than getting the odd good tapout. 4 touches and 1 mark....... wow
And the guy he was up against had 10 touches @ 20% efficiency, so they didn't retain the ball 8 times he used it. I prefer Ned to give it to our guys who use it effectively.
Both had the same clearances, +/- 1 hitout. Couldn't be much more separating them yet you clearly can't see how we are using Ned to our advantage. O'Brien has been good this first 6 weeks and couldn't get on top of Ned until late in the game
The alternative is Meek who has been poor or robbing Peter, and putting Nash back in as a 4th choice, to pay Paul

Why would Kozi come back in when/if Lewis does?

Is it the absence of Lewis which is impacting Kozi’s output?
He's bit of an enigma so he's hard to read, but as our main focal point he's proven useless. So think playing second fiddle suits his role more and prob takes a bit of pressure off him.

He's bit of an enigma so he's hard to read, but as our main focal point he's proven useless. So think playing second fiddle suits his role more and prob takes a bit of pressure off him.
He has no clue how to play second fiddle. That was why we dropped him last season before our rucks got decimated and he was played out of necessity.

Greene and Brockman seem to be developing a fairly good relationship I the forward line. Lot of deft touches and taps between them.

We brought great effort today.
The tackle numbers are a good indication of our intent.

Interesting that now we have no tall forwards we have almost reverted to a stoppage game instead of slingshot at all costs.

Reeves backed up last week with another strong showing.

When Reeves is in the ruck any stoppage in the forward half its a scoring opportunity in the making.

A massive change from recent seasons where we virtually set up to lose every hit and stoppage.

Some of his hits hitouts today we're as good as you will see.

Clubs are now putting a lot of time into finding ways to curb his influence. Thats all you need to know about his effectiveness.

He has no clue how to play second fiddle. That was why we dropped him last season before our rucks got decimated and he was played out of necessity.
What are you basing that on? Everytime he's kicked goals he's had Lewis or Gunston beside him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1668372
View attachment 1668376

I dunno, that looks awefully over the line to me
I'm still baffled none of the commentators said anything , also haven't heard the rest of the media mention it as yet.
In all seriousness how hard is it to be a boundary umpire ? what credentials do you really need to poses ? you literally have 2 things to watch - ball and white line ! and when that ball goes over that white line you blow the whistle and throw it in ! that's all there is to it, there's no excuse to stuff up something that simple!

The adjudication of the htb rule is extremely annoying. İt's a chook raffle at best.
Now, will we see Lewis bought back in at the tennis court? Or hold for another week?

We made 86 tackles. This one got a free but I saw so many where player has only one arm pinned while the ball was not pinned. Ump says ball it up! What's the actual point of constantly punishing bad tackles but not rewarding good ones? High tackle counts are a worthless metric.
Like Sam said in the presser, all those tackles in the forward 50 and not one cheapie ! Would have sealed the game!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back