North Melbourne Priority Pick 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this cryptic to "send them to the moon"?

Northern Moon Kangaroos has a ring to it.

We may have to rethink about the white shorts policy if we decide to play there.

Surely we can just let them amnesty Polec's contract. Would offer them more help than a draft pick would.

he was a very handy player at his best

I'm not sure what has happened with polec or pittard to tell you the truth

Let’s face it, it has a lot to do with Brad Scott’s final years topping up with lots of mature age hasbeens thinking he had a crack at the flag which was selfish at best. He was more worried about saving his job by finishing in finals but by doing so completely ruined the list management.

Now that Brad is working inside the AFL, I wouldn’t be surprise if Kangas got a priority. The list is in shambles but it was self inflected. I do feel sorry for them but do we reward complacency in list management. I’d say wait for another year of s**t.

Well done Brad you spud! Ruined a clubs contingency plan.

Last edited:
North has had a pretty tough first 7 rounds

Port, GC (away), Dogs, Cats (away), Freo (away) are all relatively tough games

The only exception is the Crows at home.

After Melbourne we have a pretty easy run with multiple winnable games, Collingwood, Essendon, Hawthorn, Saints, GC and GWS at Tas, we should sneak 1 win in there.

If there is one ongoing issue that North has, it's the medical staff and the fact we've been s**t with injuries ever since Segal has had the mantle at our club.

To answer the question does North deserve a PP?

No, not yet at least, I'd be waiting until 2022 before handing out one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North has had a pretty tough first 7 rounds

Port, GC (away), Dogs, Cats (away), Freo (away) are all relatively tough games

The only exception is the Crows at home.

After Melbourne we have a pretty easy run with multiple winnable games, Collingwood, Essendon, Hawthorn, Saints, GC and GWS at Tas, we should sneak 1 win in there.

If there is one ongoing issue that North has, it's the medical staff and the fact we've been sh*t with injuries ever since Segal has had the mantle at our club.

To answer the question does North deserve a PP?

No, not yet at least, I'd be waiting until 2022 before handing out one

I've got some bad news if you think any of those games are winnable.

Your opposition won't hit above $1.10 odds for the rest of the season.

Let’s face it, it has a lot to do with Brad Scott’s final years topping up with lots of mature age hasbeens thinking he had a crack at the flag which was selfish at best. He was more worried about saving his job by finish in finals but by doing so completely ruined the list management.

Now that Brad is working inside the AFL, I wouldn’t be surprise if Kangas got a priority. The list is in shambles but it was self inflected. I do feel sorry for them but do we reward complacency in list management. I’d say wait for another year of sh*t.

Well done Brad you spud! Ruined a clubs contingency plan.

One of the things I love about this website is the posters who speak with great authority on topics they have literally no clue about.

Brad Scott went to the board arguing the club needed to rebuild but was rejected. Selfishness had nothing to do with it. His job was to get the best results possible with the team that he had and he did that fairly well.

Why would Brad Scott advocate for a priority pick for North Melbourne now? What influence would he have on who gets a priority pick as head of AFL Victoria? How does that make any sense?

No they chose to cut their list so deep and probably cut too deep, they also chose to add older players when not contending. You can’t ask for a priority pick when you are in the position you are in due to your own mismanagement.

Now if they aren’t competitive by the end of 2022 then possibly but not before them

Brown who was injured all summer and has played a VFL game so far this year ?
He'll return. It's only round 6. They could have fielded a competitive side but elected to rebuild, which is fair enough. I don't think that entitles them to a priority pick.
the Club only won 3 games last year and one after round 2, surely that helps build their case for one.
North won 10 games the year before. I think it's too soon to be giving out priority picks. Two bad years isn't enough. Plenty of teams rebounded from that.

North should focus on bringing in as much talent as they can and they don't need a priority pick to do that. They can trade pick one to GWS for two top 10 picks as GWS has Collingwood's first.

They can on-trade the lower of the two picks for Richmond or Brisbane's two firsts.
That's 3 firsts for one pick.

McDonald got dropped and had 5 disposals in the vfl this week while Phillips played, what a blunder
He has kicked more AFL goals in the last 3 rounds than McDonald. Sounds like we dodged a bullet.

Last edited:
One might argue cutting half your list at once is tanking.
You could also argue keeping that lot would be tanking and have a stronger case.

How many of the players we got rid of or let go at the end of last season played on the weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back