Australian Vaccine Rollout

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely any Australian citizen in a COVID hotspot, like India now, just has to hunker down and accept that they're in the wrong place at the wrong time (like people were stuck out of state during snap state lockdowns).

I don't see any decent reason to allow Australian citizens from countries with out-of-control outbreaks back through our HQ system. It's a system set up for an occasional case amongst hundreds, not for flights full of infected cases.

As for flights going the other way for funerals and weddings, there's no way I'd be allowing that. unless there's a way of stopping them coming back in for at least 12 months.

Agree with the sentiment 100%.

Fact is there will be cases get through, but 3 days is not the end of the world as we know it. Seems its only NSW with the cohunas to back their contract tracing without the closedown.

Surely any Australian citizen in a COVID hotspot, like India now, just has to hunker down and accept that they're in the wrong place at the wrong time (like people were stuck out of state during snap state lockdowns).

I don't see any decent reason to allow Australian citizens from countries with out-of-control outbreaks back through our HQ system. It's a system set up for an occasional case amongst hundreds, not for flights full of infected cases.

As for flights going the other way for funerals and weddings, there's no way I'd be allowing that. unless there's a way of stopping them coming back in for at least 12 months.

It’ll be interesting to see if the ban gets extended whether they grant the Australian cricketers an exemption to return. I can’t imagine CA would be too happy if their players get stranded over there.

It’ll be interesting to see if the ban gets extended whether they grant the Australian cricketers an exemption to return. I can’t imagine CA would be too happy if their players get stranded over there.
AJ Tye i think suggested the rest will get a charter to dubai and quarantine there if needed.

Agree with the sentiment 100%.

Fact is there will be cases get through, but 3 days is not the end of the world as we know it. Seems its only NSW with the cohunas to back their contract tracing without the closedown.

Banned flights from India for a month. It's the right decision by this Government, one of their few correct decisions.

Will await to see how many loop-holes there are and how Steve Smith plans on getting out and back into Australia.

Banned flights from India for a month. It's the right decision by this Government, one of their few correct decisions.

Will await to see how many loop-holes there are and how Steve Smith plans on getting out and back into Australia.

recovery flights are being arranged, and a comment was made that the CA players flew over privately (my guess is they will be allowed to fly back privately)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The WA situation is what happens when you don't vaccinate the population asap: you're constantly looking over your shoulder fearing the next outbreak from 1-2 cases

This will go on for another bloody year
Less than 50% of over 50 want to be vaccinate. There is no urgency and shortage.

Indeed there is shortage.

Whatever happened to Pharamcists rolling out Az in May, as well as GPs.
Wheres the millions of AZ from CSL?

Whatever happened to our aged care residents and staff and disability staff and residents?
A vast amount remain un vaccinated.
The deafening silence from the media on the vaccine supply issue is astounding. I don't understand why they appear to be allergic to holding the Federal Government to account.

They should be distributing 1 million doses per week / 150k per day by now. Even if you say the missing 3 million doses from Europe was not within the government control, what are there excuses for the continuing failures?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back