Banter TRTT Part 12: Get Your Bowels Checked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I'd consider myself as a top quartile drinker, but on occasions like these you need to keep it together. Don't want to make a dick of yourself.

That’s very old fashioned.

It’s not like he can’t redeem himself at his next wedding.

Yeah I'd consider myself as a top quartile drinker, but on occasions like these you need to keep it together. Don't want to make a dick of yourself.
It’s a cocktail function, I’ve made sure the speeches are 30 min after I arrive so it’s still reasonable.

In short, the rise of individualism and the decline of family/community. And it mostly stems from the insidious creep of American culture.

That’s what people want though.

Are you suggesting not being a hedonistic s**t may actually make someone happier and healthier? That many of their struggles are self inflicted?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Um... Unless the army takes over and we bring back the death penalty for everything how does this work?

The strong will take what they want... with no punishment.. Murder and rape... Don't think I would be leaving my house when bubba is roaming the streets horny and hungry.

Getting married today. What’s an reasonable level of drunkenness for the ceremony?. I think we have gone early here.

I had an hour or so at the Exeter drinking bourbon before our wedding. Fluffed a few lines in my vows and dropped a few f-bombs but it all went well.

Hope it all goes well and congrats.

In short, the rise of individualism and the decline of family/community. And it mostly stems from the insidious creep of American culture.

I favour the (not incompatible) idea that, at least in the developed world, the basic needs of life (food, shelter, physical security) come too easy to us. Our brains have been wired over at least 200,000-250,000 years of anatomical modernity, to adapt to and find satisfaction in subsistence living. But anything that could be defined as "civilisation" is only 3,500-4,000 years old tops, and the industrial revolution much less than 300 years ago.

The evolution of our brains simply can't keep up with our behavioural changes. Although most of us find the idea unappealing, deep down our minds want us to be hunter-gatherers.

I favour the (not incompatible) idea that, at least in the developed world, the basic needs of life (food, shelter, physical security) come too easy to us. Our brains have been wired over at least 200,000-250,000 years of anatomical modernity, to adapt to and find satisfaction in subsistence living. But anything that could be defined as "civilisation" is only 3,500-4,000 years old tops, and the industrial revolution much less than 300 years ago.

The evolution of our brains simply can't keep up with our behavioural changes. Although most of us find the idea unappealing, deep down our minds want us to be hunter-gatherers.
anti-civ raman best raman

that said agriculture isn’t exclusive to civilisation, and I would add that a lot of people actually struggle a lot to meet the basic needs you outline, even in developed countries. It’s pretty wild considering how much food is just thrown out or allowed to rot in warehouses, and the massive number of uninhabited houses.

Overpopulation is the most pseudo of myths and theories to me.

There's enough going round to sustain people. Problem is the concentrations of consumptions and wastage.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Overpopulation is definitely a severely real issue in several parts of the world where parents are lucky for their kids to make it to 5 and have to keep on having more if they ever want to have a family.

Overpopulation is definitely a severely real issue in several parts of the world where parents are lucky for their kids to make it to 5 and have to keep on having more if they ever want to have a family.

That's putting the cart before the horse, though.

Much of it is illegal or disruptive to the lives of others though.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

As much as I like having a good time if some campaigner is gonna ruin my sleep by being a noisy campaigner every night there will be murder

As much as I like having a good time if some campaigner is gonna ruin my sleep by being a noisy campaigner every night there will be murder

I don’t mind loud noise when I’m trying to sleep except when it’s s**t music or women/girls talking/shrieking at each other.

And it’s always one of those two things.

I don’t mind loud noise when I’m trying to sleep except when it’s sh*t music or women/girls talking/shrieking at each other.

And it’s always one of those two things.

I used to live in this old stone cottage thing in sevenhill, and the nearest human habitation had to be at least half a km away. Sound travels really well at night and I remember one night when there must have been a B&s ball cowboy hoedown or whatever and the highlight of the musical selections was Christina Aguilera at about 2am

I used to live in this old stone cottage thing in sevenhill, and the nearest human habitation had to be at least half a km away. Sound travels really well at night and I remember one night when there must have been a B&s ball cowboy hoedown or whatever and the highlight of the musical selections was Christina Aguilera at about 2am

Good god.

Was it dirty though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back