Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't agree with it, but it doesn't seem that much of a scandal that the medical advice would say ease up on travel from India and the Government pull the levers at their disposal accordingly. Its still decisions based on medical advice.

Of course this is true. The medical people said having flights chockers with COVID would overwhelm the crap system. The Govt reacted by stopping flights from India. THey could have improved Quarantine like they're supposed to, but it's still "Medical advice".

Also Brittany HIggins almost certainly telling the truth.

I can hear ScoMo now.

I'm sorry you felt that way, but we did everything we were supposed to and I'm confident the people involved did the right thing, but I'm sorry your feelings were hurt.

Apology, qualified. It's basically how ScoMo talks. Qualified buffoonery.

"We will decide who comes in to the country and the circumstances in which they come."

By a modern day intellectual thinker.

Scomo needs to utter those lines again

‘that was the guy who did a deal where the Tampa refugees mostly got here anyway. Many via the ‘back door’ NZ citizenship. All chest puff that intellect

‘that was the guy who did a deal where the Tampa refugees mostly got here anyway. Many via the ‘back door’ NZ citizenship. All chest puff that intellect

The different between Howard and Morrison is Howard was smart enough to play the politics then when the media lost interest he just released the Tampa passengers into the community but Morrison has just left people to rot in detention.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't enough to mitigate the risk posed by travel from India to Australia.

So let’s take a step back. If the risk is too great why was Australia ever in Afghanistan? Why did Australia fight the nazis if the risk was too great? Why did Australia go to Gallipoli?

When did we become complete squibs?

Worth mentioning people who had been approved to travel to India had their approval ‘revoked’ in the few days leading up to the ban announcement

you can’t apply to leave more than 2 months before your intended travel date. For me I applied to leave at the end of June so it was last week
i Will have had both shots of vaccines before I go (to UK actually). I was refused and I think it’s becaus the politics is playing through. But it’s not the danger now it’s the danger in 2 months which is relevant.

this is like stories from behind the iron curtain before the eighties

there’s even evidence that people get refused, wait a few days and put exactly the same thing in again, and again until they get approved. It’s the Ticketek approach

So let’s take a step back. If the risk is too great why was Australia ever in Afghanistan? Why did Australia fight the nazis if the risk was too great? Why did Australia go to Gallipoli?

When did we become complete squibs?
Given I rely on keeping out of lockdown for my livelihood and to keep my lights on, my risk tolerance isn't that high.

I don't agree with the ban. But I would back the medical experts over Michael Slater

Wasn't enough to mitigate the risk posed by travel from India to Australia.

But it was ok to allow returns from Italy, America & UK?

Medical experts are saying what Slats is saying, quarantine is not up to scratch!

As some have said all along, use Xmas Island. They’ve done it already, so do it again.

I don't agree with it, but it doesn't seem that much of a scandal that the medical advice would say ease up on travel from India and the Government pull the levers at their disposal accordingly. Its still decisions based on medical advice.
Adding the threat of fines/ jail seems excessive though to me

To them, it's the principle of the matter. The 'integrity' of government outlays. They'll spend $1.50 to make sure some 'underserving sponge' doesn't get $1.

The mat cost $2500.

they couldn’t approve an expense that cost less than Morrison’s flight to the happy clapper convention to save someone’s life

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back