Preview Changes Rd 8 vs Port Power

Remove this Banner Ad

We have always yo-yoed young players in and out of the team.

This week Hately and Murray have copped it. Last week it was Fogarty (who is now yo-yoed back in). Will keep happening.

Giving players a block of games in a rebuild is apparently beyond the capabilities of the club
Well sort of. We gave Jones plenty of games last year, we're doing it with Rowe, McHenry and McPherson (til this week).

Hately I kinda get, he's clearly not where we thought he'd be and now Sloane is back. Murray I don't get though. I mean strictly speaking Port don't have a traditional 2nd tall but it also doesn't give us a 2nd option if the good Dixon shows up and rips Butts a new one.

We have always yo-yoed young players in and out of the team.

This week Hately and Murray have copped it. Last week it was Fogarty (who is now yo-yoed back in). Will keep happening.

Giving players a block of games in a rebuild is apparently beyond the capabilities of the club
You may have a point, but you'd also have to ignore guys like Sholl, Schoenberg, McAdam, Butts, McHenry, Rowe, Berry and McPherson who were all backed in since they were brought in, as Thilthorpe likely will be too.

So Fog, Berg, TT and Tex in the same forward line?

Yuk.
TBF it suits our amazing bomb it blind, bomb it high to the forwards strategy.

As long as the talls don’t get in the way and stop the overhead ascendency of Murphy, Rowe and McHenry who uncannily seem to be our bomb-it-in targets, we should be just fine.

Yeah I’m baffled by this selection. Don’t understand DMac, Hately omission instead of Berry, going in fairly small with the exclusion of Murray, and going in super tall which hasn’t worked for us at all this season.

Very weird.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
DMac was always gonna stay in after his half decent game last week.

Glad that Fog is back in but fu** me dead, why is a Mackay keeping his spot over Hatley ffs?
They play different positions, Fog is in for Hately. Mackay should've been demoted to the sub for Worrell/Murray. Granted those two are taller defenders but they still play in the same part of the ground and it doesn't render us undersized in defence.

You may have a point, but you'd also have to ignore guys like Sholl, Schoenberg, McAdam, Butts, McHenry, Rowe, Berry and McPherson who were all backed in since they were brought in, as Thilthorpe likely will be too.

Which makes the yo-yos inexplicable.

Some players get lucky, others do not, with seemingly no identifiable criteria

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone explain why Rowe has been given a block of games despite not performing but the same selection integrity does not apply to Hately?
How many small forwards apart from the 1st year player Newchurch running around in the 2's? It's positional surely you can see that?

Fogarty is in for Hately pretty much I would think to go body on body with Wines.

So Fog, Berg, TT and Tex in the same forward line?

Yuk.
I reckon Fog will play a lot in the middle.

We are committed to this and he spent most of last weeks SANFL game there.

Also don't mind him chasing Ollie around for the game.

His fitness is not there, but he can learn his craft still.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

All 3 don't deserve a game, and I'm a huge fan of 2 of them
Irrelevant

Our coaches have taken those three positives who've shown they can play at the level and reduced them to the point that they aren't in our 22

Coaches are responsible for developing players and ours are regressing.

There were very few positives last season at all

Three pluses though were McAdam, Himmelberg and McPherson

We've managed to cancel those out already this season
McAdam and McPherson have been in woeful form this season, I don't see how anyone can argue their omissions at this point in time. Yes it's frustrating that Worrell isn't in, yes it's frustrating that Mackay is still being named in the starting 18 in a rebuild, but we're hardly cancelling out last season's positives when those two macs need a rocket.

How many small forwards apart from the 1st year player Newchurch running around in the 2's? It's positional surely you can see that?

Fogarty is in for Hately pretty much I would think to go body on body with Wines.
Tend to agree.

But we don't need Rowe. Murphy and McHenry enough. Plus Sam Berry and Schoenberg are mid/Forward.

Rowe out for McAsey or Worrel better for team balance.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I watched his two games and he was totally unnoticeable.. sorry... vanilla...big guy.. unseen stats

2 games ffs..... People need to get a ******* grip. We are rebuilding and we can afford to give a 20 year old specifically recruited FOR the rebuild more than 2 games.

Yes, we always make like-for-like positional changes.

Which is exactly why we replaced KPD Murray with small defender/half back Will Hamill at the selection table this week, and why we replaced a small forward with either a midfielder or tall forward depending on how you look at it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back