Preview Rnd 8 - Carlton v Western Bulldogs Sunday 9th May 3:20PM @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just don't get the angst. Unless Dow (and to a lesser extent) SPS are going to play on ball,/centre clearances for most of the game we are just trying to shoehorn them in to flanks and positions that water down their effect.
To me (hopefully) this is Teague saying that Cuners is playing a lot of centre bounces with Zac quite a few. Chuck in Cripper, Walsh and Ed then there's not that many left available.
Sounds like a vote of confidence in David cuningham to me.
Also with Owies, Betts and Fogarty in the forward line atm I can see Gibbons and Cuners with the flexibility to run through the mid-hf and better options than Dow and SPS.

Goodness me. Where on earth does one get this confidence from both teams' formlines this year?

We'll be lucky to get within 5 goals. Dogs are genuine flag contenders.

I actually asked another poster why the SPS call by MC is so pivotal to the team losing today. Perhaps you might enlighten me.
As for our chances against the doggies - I stand by what I said - we've got them covered on teh inside and they may have the edge on the outside. If you look attheir backline it is a short one so very gettable. If you look at heir forwar dline it is good - but so are our defenders.

No reason not to go in thinking we are a decent chance to win this one - especially if players picked play to their best.

I actually asked another poster why the SPS call by MC is so pivotal to the team losing today. Perhaps you might enlighten me.
As for our chances against the doggies - I stand by what I said - we've got them covered on teh inside and they may have the edge on the outside. If you look attheir backline it is a short one so very gettable. If you look at heir forwar dline it is good - but so are our defenders.

No reason not to go in thinking we are a decent chance to win this one - especially if players picked play to their best.
If we play to standard the game will be decided by an interesting coaching battle imo

Surprised not more of a push in the market for the Blues, especially without a noted ruckman Martin or English...
It's not like we've brought in TDK to really exploit them there.

Pitto barely got the job done against a first gamer the other week.

Ruck it the most over rated position on the ground anyway.

Game will not be won or lost in the ruck.

Well, I’m off to the footy for the first time since 2019 when Norf torched us and Liam Jones was knocked into a parallel universe(“brave” doesn’t do that act justice).
Give me a better day out than that my lovely Carlton Football Club.
cc will be on his best behaviour unfortunately, doing a doggies lunch with a sponsor mate of mine, might need a stiff one or two to calm the nerves I reckon?!
Go you ******* good things......GO BAGGERS!!!
Whoah yeh

Less than 3 hours now to our next big challenge ( and what a bloody relief English isn't playing. ) As long as we bring good, genuine pressure ( which we are more than capable of ) we should be a real shot to take these guys down this afternoon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately my prediction is their midfield will be too strong for ours...especially at Marvel. They are 6-1 for a reason.

Also with casboult out of form and jsos just back from injury, we are relying on mckay far too much.

Would feel far more confident if the likes of Charlie, fisher and Martin were playing.

They are 6-1 but not so sure this is as accurate rating as it seems.

They have played 3 of last years top 8 only (we've played 4) one was the Pies who are struggling big time, then Brisbane in a home game (who were also struggling at the time) and West Coast, again at home and who are among the worst travelling sides in the League.

They do have a healthy % but this has been enhanced by big wins against North, GCS, and GWS who were all playing ordinary footie.
Richmond was their biggest test and they failed it with honours. Richmond didn't make this loss look any better on Friday night.

I think they have had a fairly easy draw so far and have had this enhanced by playing the better interstate sides at home.

Not saying they won't beat us today but I'm not sure they're going as well as their ladder position and percentage indicates.

Would much rather they'd won last week though.

Blimey, Scott West tees off at Beveridge

58tvfk.jpg

Extremely unprofessional by West to air his grievances against Bevo in public like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back