List Mgmt. 2021 Mid-Season Draft

In the 2021 MSD, Carlton should select...

• Charlie McKay (F/S)

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dominic Akuei (NGA)

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • Best available mature age player

Votes: 49 40.8%
  • Best available U19 (overlooked in last year's draft)

Votes: 41 34.2%
  • Other - Specify

Votes: 11 9.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think if we don't pick up Maher it will be a massive missed opportunity. Kid clearly has something would hate to know he trained with us and then went on to be good for another club

Channel 10 news had a story on Mirkov tonight. Speaks well, stated that he was a good kick and quite agile. Very keen basketballer.
Had his ammos coach (surname Gieschen - looked like Jeff's son) on who said that he only touched a footy for the first time 3 years ago and had the agility of an on baller.
No mention of Carlton in the story

Gold Coast’s apparent interest in Mirkov is surprising... They need a ready-made ruck to step in and play right away, he is clearly a long-term prospect (and sounds like a very good one).

Hoping he gets past Gold Coast‘s pick, I like the sound of him.

I think they’re trying to spook us.

Any club needing an immediate impact ruck would be insane to pick him up. He’s a project and he should be available with our second selection.

Gold Coast’s apparent interest in Mirkov is surprising... They need a ready-made ruck to step in and play right away, he is clearly a long-term prospect (and sounds like a very good one).

Hoping he gets past Gold Coast‘s pick, I like the sound of him.

Carlton and Gold Coast are the only two clubs to have formally interviewed him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't remember if I said differently earlier, but Jackson Callow is looking more and more like an interesting pick, though he might be gone.

He is improving at a rate of knots.

Does he have AFL attributes?
He does, but he's something like 169 cms. Still a tempting selection, but yeah he would get completely bodied out of virtually ever contest he's involved in.

Let me start off by saying that Mirkov is RAW. Like REALLY RAW. And that in theory he has LOTS of upside. Now....to the rest of my post.

I have seen many posters wax lyrical about his match against Brisbane as proof he could be an elite tap ruckman. That he destroyed his opponent and gave us an armchair ride for our domination that day.

In that infamous Brissy game, he got 36 hitouts (very nice). But he had only 3 possessions. 3! His opponent, Tom Fullarton, was badly beaten in the ruck contests (20 HOs) but had an incredible 33 disposals, 4 marks and 8 clearances. And Fullarton isn't the 2nd coming of Dean Cox. He has averaged <10 touches and <2 clearances in his young AFL career so far (and that's after I removed a match where he got injured).

Again, I know Mirkov has upside and I don't question his height, leap and ruckwork, BUT...... he is (currently) useless outside of that.

He seems years away from AFL output based on fitness and gameplay. We used to give Warnock sh*t for being useless outside ruck contests. Does Mirkov not project to be an even more exaggerated version of that? Where worst case, he takes up a spot for years, base case he might be a poor man's Warnock and only in an ideal world does he end up being a good pickup?

A penny for your thoughts?

Concerned in Carlton
Thank you, saved me the trouble. Suspect other clubs are trying to get us to panic.

Even if he goes elsewhere, he is - at best - the 4th best ruck in this pool.

I can't remember if I said differently earlier, but Jackson Callow is looking more and more like an interesting pick, though he might be gone.

He is improving at a rate of knots.

He does, but he's something like 169 cms. Still a tempting selection, but yeah he would get completely bodied out of virtually ever contest he's involved in.

Thank you, saved me the trouble. Suspect other clubs are trying to get us to panic.

Even if he goes elsewhere, he is - at best - the 4th best ruck in this pool.
Mirkov, certainly has the building blocks, his fundamentals are Volleyball background, spring , obviously height , athleticism are all valuable traits for tap work in the engine room.
The rest should develop if he loves the game.

Seinfeld-S09-Cosmo-Kramer-Jacket-With-Shearling-Collar.jpg

I think they’re trying to spook us.

Any club needing an immediate impact ruck would be insane to pick him up. He’s a project and he should be available with our second selection.
Agrees, hope SOC is wise to it. We've been easy to spook in the past, remember when we went early for Boekhorst! 😠

How much have you seen of him, or of any of the other rucks being talked about in this draft for that matter?
I've been going through Jacob Edwards footage, and I've watched Mirkov in the Brisbane and Southport VFL games. Had a look at Moyle too, and I understand that Max Heath has seen a lot of interest.

From my perspective I'm not interested in Mirkov as a priority. I'd look at Jacob Edwards if he's available (seems he won't be), then focus on Callow, Ash Edwards, and Cody Raak. Zavier Maher is of more interest to me in the third second round.

Mirkov will probably go through to the second or third round of the 2021 rookie draft, because he has no tank. He's a 3 year project.

EDIT: Maher in the 2nd round

Last edited:
Back