Analysis the Josh Treacy effect

Remove this Banner Ad

Picking this bloke up in the rookie draft has to be the most un-dockery thing this club has ever done in its entire existence.
I'd say the opposite. Having a global pandemic heavily influencing the lack of talent identification leaving a potential top 10 KPF available for us to take a stab on him as a rookie to eventually be a gun is one of the most Dockery things ever.

It could only be more Dockery if he ended up kicking 550 goals in 5 seasons (including 10 in a GF giving us a flag) then deciding to pursue a fishing career off the coast of Nicaragua

Here is blank template in case anyone wants to have a go. Best meme wins. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_8630.PNG
    IMG_8630.PNG
    322.7 KB · Views: 66

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A team learning to trust their forwards is becoming more and more apparent with Treacy. Granted he is taking Tabs' kicks at the moment but the side do seem to kick at him with far less hesitation the longer this season goes on.

If he kicks 20 goals this year from 30 shots for the rest of the year that would be lovely return and I'd completely remove any ceiling on expectations for the young man.

Just looking at Josh's stats, he is actually 6.6 so only going at 50%, such a bizzare thing that you'd almost back him in from 40 and onwards out but any closer and he is more likely to miss.

Yeah, but he kicked 3 or 4 behinds before he got his first goal. That first one broke the duck and the ball rolling.

Yeah, but he kicked 3 or 4 behinds before he got his first goal. That first one broke the duck and the ball rolling.
He kicked 2 behinds before his first goal, one of them was in the same game as his first (Sydney)

Since then he has gone 5.4, so not terrible accuracy but not Kennedy levels.

I just want to get the ball into his hands from 45 out, it is such a strong target to have too, players drop back into the hole and he can take that lead up and slot the goal.

Harsh comparing him to Kennedy.
But at least he always looks confident whens ettling for a kick on goal.He has a roiutine that he sticks to.
His accuracy and bags will come very soon.
I have always had the opinion that early in his career, Kennedy kicked bags against the lower teams, but struggled against the tops sides. I may be wrong, but that is what i saw of his early career.
Reminding people, he is 19.He didn't play football at all last season.Moving away from the comforts of home.Learning about a new set of team mates.Learning a new game style, or a game plan.Maybe something that he has never had before. He has had one preseason to get used to all of those mentioned.
His body will change shape as he progresses.He will become stronger.
Give the kid a break.He has shown more in half a season than most of our former forwards.

Harsh comparing him to Kennedy.
But at least he always looks confident whens ettling for a kick on goal.He has a roiutine that he sticks to.
His accuracy and bags will come very soon.
I have always had the opinion that early in his career, Kennedy kicked bags against the lower teams, but struggled against the tops sides. I may be wrong, but that is what i saw of his early career.
Reminding people, he is 19.He didn't play football at all last season.Moving away from the comforts of home.Learning about a new set of team mates.Learning a new game style, or a game plan.Maybe something that he has never had before. He has had one preseason to get used to all of those mentioned.
His body will change shape as he progresses.He will become stronger.
Give the kid a break.He has shown more in half a season than most of our former forwards.
Not sure what you are reading but its nothing but glowing praise in here and surprise his accuracy is only 50% since it seems better than that.

Also, he is 18

I'm noticing praise for Dave Hale across a couple of interviews which flies in the face of sentiments raised by some fellow posters. Sounds like he's well regarded.

On RMX2001 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Or just his first forwards coach at AFL level... who's he got to compare him to?

One thing I noticed from down the ground vision is that his leg comes through right to left, rather than straight through, so when everything is sweet he will hill hit them nicely, but if his ball drop is off a touch he could be pulling or slicing them
Did notice that the other week too against the dogs, it seems to work for him though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back