• 50: Marlion Pickett

Votes: 22 16.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mansell for nothing this year has been a astute pick up
RCD showing signs
I take it you didn’t watch the VFL game today Martyn and Cumberland (5 goals) were clear standouts
Ryan also played well kicking 3

We only picked two blokes this year who were project players and set ourselves up for a big trade/draft period this season
ive put a line through martyn and ryan, they wont make it, martyn looked like a deer in lights his first game, ryan was barely near the ball let alone touched it, this draft and trade period is critical, we actually need to draft or trade 2-3 ready made best 22 players. 1 KP player, 1 inside mid, 1 pressure fwd

Umpires this and injuries etc yeah there a factor not why we lost.You can say we ran out of gas that last quarter, but there was enough senior players out there to get us up not one stood up honestly passengers that's what I'm filthy about not the loss.To many excuses here.

How many tackles we had last quarter or what happened to the pressure basics ?.

Mansell for nothing this year has been a astute pick up
RCD showing signs
I take it you didn’t watch the VFL game today Martyn and Cumberland (5 goals) were clear standouts
Ryan also played well kicking 3

We only picked two blokes this year who were project players and set ourselves up for a big trade/draft period this season

RCD is a third year player.
Mansell looks a Steve Morris type.

VFL is exactly that. Martyn looks great in the VFL but put forward one of the worst AFL debuts of all time. Ryan is the one I will give you. He actually looks good and will be once he puts on some size.

Correct too many young players who run out of steam
The senior guys need to lift
Dusty carrying an Achilles hence he can’t push off and is getting caught
Jack needs to be kept fresh or moved on
who has said dusty is carrying something btw

im sick of hearing players carrying something, seems like all our players are carrying something or injured, wtf is wrong with our conditioning because we actually do play like we are injured or something

Pure arrogance.

Saw a stat floating around. Dimma is 2-21 in his career against sides that have taken 100+ contested marks. And yet, still has not changed the gameplan to stop teams from taking a massive number of uncontested marks.

Arrogance to expect things to change when backing in a gameplan and players that have constantly failed every time they have been tested this year.

Something or someone needs to change.

Quality umpiring again.

Two things:

1. If our supporters are stupid enough to blame umpires for this disgraceful capitulation, I’m embarrassed for them

2. How do I get excluded from this forum indefinitely for the sake of my mental health?

We are cooked, we will not win another game for the year. I cant even see us beating Nth Melb, which is so frustrating. We need to replace assistant coaches, retire players & delist lazy players. Caracella is looking for a senior coaching gig, maybe get him in for a replacement plan over the next couple of years to replace Hardwick. So disappointing watching us over the past month to see how far we have fallen, we cant sit back & allow us to go into the abyss again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ive put a line through martyn and ryan, they wont make it, martyn looked like a deer in lights his first game, ryan was barely near the ball let alone touched it, this draft and trade period is critical, we actually need to draft or trade 2-3 ready made best 22 players. 1 KP player, 1 inside mid, 1 pressure fwd
Silly to put a line through two guys one 2nd year and the other 1st year playing first games
Of course nothing is a sure thing but still plenty of time for them to show their value

Out: Cotchin, Riewoldt, Dusty, Astbury, Grimes
In: Ross, CCJ, Caddy, MRJ, Miller

Time to rest the OG's and play the kids - let this one go. if we are going to have another year of Cotchin, Riewoldt & possibly Astbury - at least let them have 4 6 months off & get them on some sort of magic weird plant based diet to re-invigorate them. Same with Lambert, Nank, Presita, Vloss, Broad, Balta - just keep them out now and let them rest up for 2021

Our kids couldn’t sustain the pressure, you could tell during the 3rd quarter we had stopped.

Our ball movement is horrendous, we need a different plan.

Cotch is a liability at the moment.

Aarts and Castagna have to be dropped for Cumberland and Parker.

Chol is uncompetitive, how the hell did we go into a season with 1 ruckmen on the list, all we needed was a big lug to throw his body around and compete.

Tired legs, said it for most of the season that we just look sluggish across the ground, the speed of the game has caught up to us and then gone past us like we are standing still.

Maybe Hardwick will now be convinced our forward line especially needs new life, a new plan. 31% inside 50 efficiency is a bottom 4 result, unfortunately Jack is totally out of form, Lynch coming back from injury will take time and our small to medium forwards are just not dangerous to opposition defences.

Limited scoring together with teams just waltzing our of their defensive 50 has added pressure to our undermaned backline. Add to this the midfield injuries and captain Cotch appearing to check out mentally weeks ago has left us like an ageing punch drunk boxer, the opposition land a few well selected blows and we hit the canvas, unfortunately I think we stay on the canvas and look to next season.

Will be absolutely decimated by the Lions next week, if we score more than 5 goals I will be surprised, can't see who we beat in the run home, at least our first draft pick is gaining more value each week.

Can’t blame our young players…they gave it all…we’re asked to do so much and did it well

lets just play them instead
Correct does anyone wonder why our last quarters have been poor we have too many young kids out of juice and one or two senior who may have played one year too much
Plus we keep picking dud players like Aarts

Martyn played his first game in some pretty difficult conditions and Ryan literally played in wet conditions and copped a bad knock at the start of the game… they’ve both been playing good in the reserves, just need time to develop before coming to a conclusion I think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back