Rumour Rory Lobb to the Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast

According to Lobb's manager, neither he or Lobb have courted any offers from Victorian clubs but his manager also can't guarantee he'll be playing for Fremantle next year. Sounds like we (the Suns) are knee deep in this one and just about have Lobb over the line to join us this off season.

If true, it's going to be difficult for any backline to stop the twin towers of King (202cm) and Lobb (206cm) next year.

According to Lobb's manager, neither he or Lobb have courted any offers from Victorian clubs but his manager also can't guarantee he'll be playing for Fremantle next year. Sounds like we (the Suns) are knee deep in this one and just about have Lobb over the line to join us this off season.

If true, it's going to be difficult for any backline to stop the twin towers of King (202cm) and Lobb (206cm) next year.

Tread carefully with Lobb.
Built like Tarzan but plays like Jane.

The Dockers were desperate for a big forward (still are) and IMO paid overs for him.

On reportedly around $750 000 per year.

I'd be passing.

Last edited:

nice replacement for ben

Freo would be stoked to clear the contract I reckon - he’s played some good footy for them but not worth the cash.

Run with Treacy and Taberner - strip the Suns first pick - open up money for a run at Bolton or pretty much any West Aussie.
They wouldn't be getting a first round pick for Lobb with the contract he's on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suns had 2 metre Peter and wouldn't play him. Is Lobb any better than 2MP or Day.
Day can't seem to get on the park these days. I guess Lobb also gives options as a backup ruck in case they want to maximise their flexibility.

Having said that, he'll be 29 next season. Not sure I'd be splurging on a long term deal on megabucks if I were the Suns.

Why would Fremantle trade 1 of 3 KPF on our list?

Taberner is injury prone
Treacy is 18
Lobb actually gets on the park

They would have to offer us something stupid like pick 5 for him which would be utter stupidity by the suns

This wouldn't be a salary dump, it would be poaching a key player on 700k. Can't see it happening

Why would Fremantle trade 1 of 3 KPF on our list?

Taberner is injury prone
Treacy is 18
Lobb actually gets on the park

They would have to offer us something stupid like pick 5 for him which would be utter stupidity by the suns

This wouldn't be a salary dump, it would be poaching a key player on 700k. Can't see it happening
Well they did give you pick 2 for Weller so might be worth seeing what they offer (If they offer)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back