Preview Changes: R19 vs The Port Western Hawkdog Power

Remove this Banner Ad

His non-selection is the only questionable decision this week. Outside of dropping Berg for him, we couldn't have asked any more. Next week is the test in that sense. I
I would hope he is needing a rest... but comes back in for some games before seasons end

Frampton was promoted into the AFL team on the back of an excellent preseason.

Then he spudded it up at AFL level and was dropped.

He then earnt a recall on the back of some excellent SANFL form.

Then he spudded it up at AFL level and was dropped.

He then earnt another recall on the back of some excellent SANFL form.

I wonder what happens next?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His non-selection is the only questionable decision this week. Outside of dropping Berg for him, we couldn't have asked any more. Next week is the test in that sense.
Certainly don't have to be happy that one of our worst players is getting a golden opportunity to leapfrog his way into an easier role after terrible performances in his main role.

It's the same selection path that's led to long, mediocre careers for the likes of Reilly, Mackay.

Liam Jones MkII? :p

Seriously though I didn't see Billy play in defence against Ess or last week in SANFL so not sure how he has performed there so far.

I just can't understand why Fish isn't getting a game ahead of him. Is there any chance Billy is playing for his career? Would they look at delisting him this year with 1yr left on his contract?
Yep. List space is tight and hard decisions are needed. I think it's possible.

Can't complain too much about these changes. I'd like to see himm given a run. I'm probably the last person left on this forum who thinks there's a chance he can be an afl player. I think we really ****ed up by preferring Frampton over him from the start of this year.

Fingers crossed that's Mackay done.

Very exposed up forward for lack of crumbers, but there is literally no one on our list atm to take Rowe's spot and he doesn't deserve a game right now. Even Murphy doesn't deserve a game. Dire straits for small forwards at the crows (Newchurch is barely Sanfl standard at this stage).

He's in the 22

Mackay, Thilthorpe, O'Connor and Rowe are the emergencies

It's a new role for someone
How about Hamill into the forward line to help with some defensive pressure. We have so many goals scored against us from the oppo's defensive 50. Compared to Jimmy, this would add something new up forward.

Relax people

RT clearly being rested, no point killing him when we’re not making finals

So Berg stays as a marking forward, I’m sure they’re hoping he rediscovers his late 2020 form but otherwise playing for his future

Frampton, Nicks has said he’s got a few weeks to show what he’s got in a new position down back after a decent SANFL game there. Yes, only one but with players out it’s worth a look. Clearly playing for his future

Rowe out, he needs a refresh, get involved more, another pre-season to see if he can move up a level

Mad Dog…what can we say, once in a while they drop him. Based on past experiences it won’t be for long, but small mercies people, small mercies…

Final 6 weeks of the year to see how much people want a spot next year and see what they can do

For a few, the last train is leaving the station

interested to see frampton in the backlines. some of the better defenders have started their lives as forwards. if he can take the 2nd tall and keep them to a goal or 2 i wont be mad. doedee as the third tall coming across to help out. structurally just looks better

How did Frampton rack up so many disposals in the SANFL? Is there even the slightest chance he will come in and be a ball magnet back in defence?

Surely we can all see what is startlingly obvious….

FRAMPTON IS THE NEW DMAC 😧😧😝

10 year career down back coming up for old Billy Boy😄

Confused. Can you help?
Hawks have key fwds in Lewis (200cm or slightly taller), Ben McEvoy (200cm or slightly taller), Kossie (196cm), Tim O'Brien (193) all in one forwardline. With Reeves (211cm) to be resting down there.

Who will play on each?

Yep. List space is tight and hard decisions are needed. I think it's possible.
It's tight be we need to be ruthless and decid if players can be part of our next flag.

Kelly
Frampton
Berg
Fogarty
ROC
Gallant
Davis
Lynch
Sloane
Mcpherson
Talia

We can't move them all on this year, but they'd want to get a move on in the next 12m

I wonder what happens next?

He plays the greatest game of all time!

Confused. Can you help?
Hawks have key fwds in Lewis (200cm or slightly taller), Ben McEvoy (200cm or slightly taller), Kossie (196cm), Tim O'Brien (193) all in one forwardline. With Reeves (211cm) to be resting down there.

Who will play on each?

Butts (198cm) having a good year - Lewis
Talia’s injured
Murray’s concussed
Frampton (200cm) playing his second game down back - McEvoy
Kelly (190cm) to Kosi
Doedee (188cm) is a third tall so we’ll put him on Reeves just kidding probably O’Brien

maybe, we’re def undersized

Remove this Banner Ad

Back