Prediction Changes v Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

You are right in that Bev traditionally never has his players perform a run with role but if you get the chance to watch the game again you'll see that Roarke hardly left Langdon's side. Why? Because Melbourne's wings are so important to their structure, we learned that from the 1st game against them.

I agree that when we get some soldiers back that Roarke will once again be on the fringe of the best 22. I also think he is doing a job and doing it pretty well. Let's see if he goes to the dangerous Seedsman this week.

Langdon carved us up last time and he's been one of their most damaging players, Roarke was clearly running with him and he'll probably get the gig against Seedsman.

Not sure why people are losing it over Roarke and Scott being still in.

We have injuries atm. When keath, treloar, Martin, Richards, duryea and probably vandermeer are ready they will be the first two out.

If Scott and Roarke are the difference between winning and losing in the next couple of games we have bigger issues.

We’ve got a big injury list and we suffer injuries every week. Not sure what you expect us to do.

Fringe and depth players are being called upon to do their job for the team and our ladder position would appear to suggest that they are doing a decent job.

Hannan and Schache were more than serviceable last week and deserve to be in the team.

Cheer up. We are going to have a real crack at the flag shortly. How often can you say that?
Wow that must have been a more convincing melt than I thought

We're not winning a game with SCHACHE and CORDY as our KPDs. And now Duryea out too who is our only medium defender who knows how to actually defend. Marra looked out of his depth for 95% of last weeks game and should be playing VFL. Hannan gets a free pass every week. Forfeit this and look to bounce back against the Bombers once we get a few players back.

We're not winning a game with SCHACHE and CORDY as our KPDs. And now Duryea out too who is our only medium defender who knows how to actually defend. Marra looked out of his depth for 95% of last weeks game and should be playing VFL. Hannan gets a free pass every week. Forfeit this and look to bounce back against the Bombers once we get a few players back.
Doesn't even mention the Easton wood/Cordy footskills out of the back half combination. Horror show.

Mark Tex down for at least 8.

A player who is BOG in every VFL game he plays and would average double the possessions that Roarke and Scott with far superior disposal whose pressure acts and tackle numberS compare and who could become a very good player.
Lipi?

Oh wait. Our friend is in the Covid-19 thread telling all and sundry how the depth in Government is no good and we can never beat this Pandemic with the deputy CHO being picked every week.

I agree it's not really the way it should be but when the AFL brought in this sub they stated that it would count as a game regardless of whether or not they got subbed in.

All clubs are doing this way.
Yes I understand that and certainly not having a go at you.

They can still say an activated medisub has officially played a game (for the record books) without confusing the rank and file supporters.

I find it astonishing, that with our team sitting on top of the ladder, and a mere 4 losses so far, there are people who are so confident of their football coaching skills that they are willing to slag off at particular players in quite derogatory terms and cast insinuations about the coach and why he would select certain players. Now I’m not opposed to reasonable criticism, but a lot of it is simply not reasonable. Surely, there are plenty of reasons to be happy, supportive - delighted even, with how our team has gone. Perhaps admit that for this season so far, the coach, match committee and players have shown that they know wtf they are doing. I’m not saying not to post - but know that such comments do not necessarily cast you in a fantastic light. And gee I’m glad I don’t sit near some of you at the footy. Do some of you just enjoy being miserable?

I find it astonishing, that with our team sitting on top of the ladder, and a mere 4 losses so far, there are people who are so confident of their football coaching skills that they are willing to slag off at particular players in quite derogatory terms and cast insinuations about the coach and why he would select certain players. Now I’m not opposed to reasonable criticism, but a lot of it is simply not reasonable. Surely, there are plenty of reasons to be happy, supportive - delighted even, with how our team has gone. Perhaps admit that for this season so far, the coach, match committee and players have shown that they know wtf they are doing. I’m not saying not to post - but know that such comments do not necessarily cast you in a fantastic light. And gee I’m glad I don’t sit near some of you at the footy. Do some of you just enjoy being miserable?
Disagreeing with selections or tactics is fine.

The important distinction to be made is between “slagging off” and making reasoned, constructive and hopefully substantiated criticism.

The quick-fire nature of a footy forum / social media is unfortunately more conducive to slagging off than well-considered arguments.

But anyway I agree we have a lot to be thankful for, and maybe as we sit top of the ladder despite extensive injuries we could all take a moment to salute those who are running things down at VUWO. Not perfect and not above all criticism but doing a pretty remarkable job overall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disagreeing with selections or tactics is fine.

The important distinction to be made is between “slagging off” and making reasoned, constructive and hopefully substantiated criticism.

The quick-fire nature of a footy forum / social media is unfortunately more conducive to slagging off than well-considered arguments.

But anyway I agree we have a lot to be thankful for, and maybe as we sit top of the ladder despite extensive injuries we could all take a moment to salute those who are running things down at VUWO. Not perfect and not above all criticism but doing a pretty remarkable job overall.
For example I don’t think anyone thinks Rourke is best 22 when everyone is fit. But he’s holding his own and structurally doing a very important role.

A player who is BOG in every VFL game he plays and would average double the possessions that Roarke and Scott with far superior disposal whose pressure acts and tackle numberS compare and who could become a very good player.
Don't think Lipinski has been that much better than Roarke or Scott at AFL level. What he does at VFL is impressive, but it hasn't translated.

Hope not. JJ has been horrendous down back this year.

It seems like Roarke is doing his job on the wing so I think MC like him there. Daniel and Scott most likely to me, but who knows until they're out there on the field
Roarke does a hell of a lot of off the ball work. We don't see it for 3 reasons: (1) TV does not give you full view of the action; (2) we have no idea what role they are actually playing. (3) Many of us have no idea about afl coaching, tbh.

Roarke was selected on the back of a 22 possession & goal performance for Footscray and has stayed in the team since.

if you get the chance to go to a game follow his movement. He’s an over enthusiastic cattle dog of a player, never stops closing down space. I like him.

Lipinksi rarely makes the step up.

Roarke was selected on the back of a 22 possession & goal performance for Footscray and has stayed in the team since.

if you get the chance to go to a game follow his movement. He’s an over enthusiastic cattle dog of a player, never stops closing down space. I like him.

Lipinksi rarely makes the step up.

I'd love to know why Lipi has failed to deliver.

I reckon he's probably the 3rd most skilled mid on our list behind Bont and Caleb.

He seems to have a good attitude, is a dogs supporter, and hardly seems to have missed a beat in terms of fitness and injury.

At Dunkley comes back after injury and missing half the season and slots straight back into the side.

Is Lipi just too "vanilla"? He does a lot of things ok but nothing outstanding. Dunkley tackles and wins the hard ball, ditto Libba, Hunter has smarts, B.Smith has explosiveness and strength.

Maybe he just doesn't have any tricks?

lately (last 3 months) i havent been posing much because im happy with most things at the club

- we are top of the ladder and about to win our first minor premiership
- we have lost only 4 games in a season of injury
- we have, without doubt imo, the best game day coaching dept. in the comp.
- we have resigned all the pieces to build a dynasty
- we keep finding/drafting top talent where others cant.

so when i read the absolute dribble every week on team selection/game day stategy and so forth i just want to cringe.
everyone has their right to an opinion NOONE has the right to insult our intelligence.
STOP FLOGGING IT

I'd love to know why Lipi has failed to deliver.

I reckon he's probably the 3rd most skilled mid on our list behind Bont and Caleb.

He seems to have a good attitude, is a dogs supporter, and hardly seems to have missed a beat in terms of fitness and injury.

At Dunkley comes back after injury and missing half the season and slots straight back into the side.

Is Lipi just too "vanilla"? He does a lot of things ok but nothing outstanding. Dunkley tackles and wins the hard ball, ditto Libba, Hunter has smarts, B.Smith has explosiveness and strength.

He is a very good kick and has pretty good vision. For that to be used to best effect he needs space. However he's too slow to be played on the outside.
The alternative is to play him on the inside but he doesn't get through enough of the heavy physical work. Misses tackles and isn't strong enough to break tackles like the other midfielders. His lack of pace also makes it hard for him to play half back or half forward successfully.

This may be why he can dominate in the VFL (younger age profile of up-and-comers = less physically developed so easier to dominate them in close) but is often found wanting when promoted to the seniors.

He's too good to be stuck in the VFL for his whole career but it's hard to see where his future role is for the Dogs if he can't get a regular game with Treloar and Dunkley out. Garcia has already gone past him as a preferred inside player.

He may develop into a useful best 22 player somewhere and will no doubt have some good games but he's now 23 and unlikely to have any huge improvement left in him.

I totally agree with all your points I was just being cheeky hahaha.
Hey yeah ... no drama. This is why we meet here. To discuss relivant issues; and from time to time we won't always agree. As long as we continue to share in the best spirit of the game.

Lipi is a great user and accumulator (if mid), but he lacks pace an aggression.

Not sure if he can develop it. Dunks managed to add some pace. Lipi certainly has the size to be aggressive if something clicks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back