Toast Round 20 = Collingwood 90-45 West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Great win but if we end up appointing Harvey like some posters here are starting to suggest I would be beyond disappointed. You'd think after Shaw and Teague people learned to stop taking the easy way out sticking with the caretaker.

We did not just sack a club legend to hire a bloke who’s been here for 10 years. It’s time for a new leaf, good job today Harvs but I wish you luck at a new club.

Great win but if we end up appointing Harvey like some posters here are starting to suggest I would be beyond disappointed. You'd think after Shaw and Teague people learned to stop taking the easy way out sticking with the caretaker.

We did not just sack a club legend to hire a bloke who’s been here for 10 years. It’s time for a new leaf, good job today Harvs but I wish you luck at a new club.

I agree but we still look better under Harvey then under Bucks.

Harvey has Defintally given his Chance of Coaching Elsewhere a lot of Help

I’ve been quite critical on here regarding Sidey’s output this year...great game today! Please bring this week in week out from here on, our young blokes need our leaders to lead the way.

He had been poor up to today but was great to see the Old Steele again

Another positive - Sidey very very good.
I don’t think he’s cooked, as I feared was the case a few weeks ago.

Based on today, I’d say he’s moving well enough to play at least 2 more years.

I’ve been quite critical on here regarding Sidey’s output this year...great game today! Please bring this week in week out from here on, our young blokes need our leaders to lead the way.

Same. Very happy to be wrong about Sidebum.

I was also wrong about JDG not being willing to do the disciplined things when things aren't going his way.

Great feeling.

Liked it and needed to be quoted as well

WTF are some of you on wanting Harvey, when Buckley was there
Harvey was part of the problem now some posters are warming to him :eek::drunk:

I'm not keen on Harvey yet, people quickly forget last week. I do think one thing that's been fixed up, which I hated about Bucks was trying to smash players into position that didn't suit them. Seeing Ruscoe down back and McRae in the guts is awesome. I'd like to see Rantal given a chance to play on the ball as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crisp, DeGoey, Adams, Sidey, turned the clock back to his glory days, Grundy, that should be around the mark for him, all great games, Hoskin Elliott, Quaynor, Maynard , Elliott , Noble, Ruscoe, Mayne , Howe, very good, Roughead what a solid money ball get he was, love what he brings to the side, Checkers was quiet but he is solid . McCrae Bianco, Henry,Ginnivan, that`s the future along with Poulter, McCreery, Mcinnes, Daicos X 2 McMahon, going to be a great ride watching these guys gelling together and take us back to the promised land.
Pendles in the coaches box would have been giving Harvey some nice insight on how we should open up West Coke, we are going places.

I'm microwaving my membership if Pablo does not get a service medal for his game day summary.. short sharp and sweet.

Congratulations Pabs.

Love you re.
Yep Pabs has set the standard for gameday summaries I think.

Also,
Big big booty.. you've got a big big booty

Perhaps Harvey is now coaching the style of game that he has wanted for some time. Maybe he disagreed with Buck's game plan but was either too much of a team man to speak up or was also hamstrung by Buckley's controlling style. In any case, the understandable positive reaction today is not going to win him the coaching job. He will have to apply and compete with everyone else. It is nice to be able to view the man in a different light. He is perhaps not as bad a coach as we thought him to be.

Harvey doesn't want it.

Good win today although West Coast were poor. Great to see the youngsters doing well particularly Henry and Ruscoe, I am sure they will have down games in next 18mths and people on this board will be saying they are not AFL standard should never play again etc even though they are young. But the point of my post is to ask this question, Why do we look better is it because we are playing players in their more natural positions.

Hoskin-Elliot looks good to me was never a hard at it in an under player but sort of icing on cake good ball user which is what he is doing in last half of this year and looks good in that roll. De Goey in middle considering this is role he played at Oakleigh Chargers I quote from profile around draft day “Hine said De Goey, a 187cm midfielder likened to North’s Jack Ziebell, had been on his radar since he first saw him play for Oakleigh early last season”

Was that our problem we were trying to turn players into something they weren’t used to.

Not sure what I make of Harvey have been a big critic, but the players look to be playing a lot freer/natural utilising their strengths.

Let's not get too excited over Harvey, we still don't know what team is turning up each week and that's going to be the case for awhile with so many kids. Need to separate performances from development and dispassionately choose the best person to rebuild and develop. We have 22 players under 21.5 years with N Daicos and Dib.

Good win today although West Coast were poor. Great to see the youngsters doing well particularly Henry and Ruscoe, I am sure they will have down games in next 18mths and people on this board will be saying they are not AFL standard should never play again etc even though they are young. But the point of my post is to ask this question, Why do we look better is it because we are playing players in their more natural positions.

Hoskin-Elliot looks good to me was never a hard at it in an under player but sort of icing on cake good ball user which is what he is doing in last half of this year and looks good in that roll. De Goey in middle considering this is role he played at Oakleigh Chargers I quote from profile around draft day “Hine said De Goey, a 187cm midfielder likened to North’s Jack Ziebell, had been on his radar since he first saw him play for Oakleigh early last season”

Was that our problem we were trying to turn players into something they weren’t used to.

Not sure what I make of Harvey have been a big critic, but the players look to be playing a lot freer/natural utilising their strengths.
Agree with the sentiment, but JDG isn’t a great example. He played a lot of forward time at Oakleigh, and it’s hard to argue that at his best he’s one of the best medium forwards in the comp when playing the role. It’s guys like Ruscoe and Kelly being forced in to roles as forward when they’re clearly natural defenders that’s infuriating.

Can we now comfortably say - Ollie, McCrae, McCreery, Ginnivan, Poulter have the talent to make it?
I say that’s a definite yes - only poor attitude stops them from here.
So a big tick to our recruiters to have made such solid picks in a single year - with McMahon and Reef still looking likely prospects.

The new Coach will have a lot to work with, and a return to contention may be shorter than we think.

We won largely based on our established senior players. Our young guys may make it, they also may not. I dont think any of them are locks to be on AFL lists in 4-5 years time. They haven't shown outstanding quality, just some competence here and there. Geez, young players can cause people to be willfully ignorant.

I am interested in how Macrae will look next season. He is completely out of his depth physically, so hoping he can come on in that area and believe he has the most potential of our young bunch. Like his composure.

We won largely based on our established senior players. Our young guys may make it, they also may not. I dont think any of them are locks to be on AFL lists in 4-5 years time. They haven't shown outstanding quality, just some competence here and there. Geez, young players can cause people to be willfully ignorant.

I am interested in how Macrae will look next season. He is completely out of his depth physically, so hoping he can come on in that area and believe he has the most potential of our young bunch. Like his composure.

Then I guess we stuffed the Draft Then and Picked Average Players at best then :rolleyes:

To be fair, Harvey has given the team their head, and the results are starting to come in now. I don't know whether the club has directed him to coach that way, or if it's his own initiative, but isn't it exciting to see us play on at every opportunity, often down the corridor, and the players backing themselves with fast leads to laser-like passes?

I don't think he's the Messiah by a long way, but he is clearly driving the new game plan, it's reaping rewards and, best of all, the players seem to genuinely respond to him. I noticed that in particular after the Richmond game; many warm hugs exchanged.

I'm extremely rapt about our club's future! I believe we have an exciting crop of youngsters, many of whom will play 150+ games. I hope to be cheering them on (maybe even "live" one-day ;) )

Remove this Banner Ad

Back