Toast Round 20 = Collingwood 90-45 West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

IQ’s first goal, Ginni’s first goal, Macrae’s first win, De Goey the midfielder, Bianco’s goal from 50, an emphatic W. It’s been a long year but pump that s**t directly into my veinssssss 😍🖤🤍

Ps. Hope we finally get a rising star nom for one of the kids!

Congrats guys but I wouldn't take a win v us at the moment as a sign of anything major.

Even though Harvs is doing ok I definately wouldnt sign a coach over it.

We are a complete rabble.

Good win though guys.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MacCrae's disposal this week was much better. I thought this was the best game he had played. Henry continued last weeks form and definitely looks a keeper. Given that he was playing a small forward role, Bianco's two goals compensated for his poor kicking in general play. Crisp played a terrific game, blanketing Cripps and giving the team a lot of drive. We had numerous good players, too many to mention individually. A couple more wins and I would give Harvey the job. Just wouldn't be so keen watching him um and ah his way through press conferences.

Saw some confidence in the leading patterns. It’s amazing what happens when players have the conviction to make hard leads because they expect them to be honoured.

Moore would’ve had a field day up front.

Firstly, no AFL team with intent would lose against what the eagles dished up.

Fairly amusing that when we go fast and take it on....good things happen.
Coincidence that this is least i've seen us "bomb it long" in 3 years? amazing things happen when you move it fast...who'd have thought?!?!?!

- Mccrae....classy disposal and vision. that kick to checkers was pure class and also the one to noble. Confidence will give this guy a massive boost!
My favourite kick of 2021

On the run, wrong foot. Perfection.

Fairly amusing that when we go fast and take it on....good things happen.
Coincidence that this is least i've seen us "bomb it long" in 3 years? amazing things happen when you move it fast...who'd have thought?!?!?!
How open was the forward line and how easy did we get shots????? all due to ball speed......again, who'd have thought!

Only going to comment on a few....

- Bianco. Well done. Had the most horrendous day by foot. We all know how good he is usually both in decisions & execution, but he had a mare. Why i rate him is that when he had a chance to score, he was super solid.
What would you take... an OOB and 2 smothers? or 2 goals from 2 shots (was unlucky with the siren).
To me, that shows class and a good mindset to contribute when its not going your way. That's not a standard mindset in my opinion.

- Mccrae....classy disposal and vision. that kick to checkers was pure class and also the one to noble. Confidence will give this guy a massive boost!

- Thomas. well done. sent him to the middle and he looked aggressive and fast!! interesting he took the 1 hander going back when he shirked one earlier in the year.

- Sidey - best game in 2 years. Worked hard, I was furious at his lack of intent to tackle early (he kept pulling up in the 1 qtr), but his offence was first class.

- JDG - I was super critical about his one way running in the past few weeks. But today he was far better defensively. Worked super hard in defence. apart from a 'one hander' moment, was our best.

- henry -sticky sticky hands!! as i said last week...has the pace of the game. Going to be a nightmare in a few years when we start looking for him.

- elliot. take a bow! i thought he was close to our best (with JDG). His second efforts and desire to compete got us at lest 3-4 goals.

- checkers - i feel like i have it in for checkers! But he was terrible. The entire team went fast, took first option and took risk. Every time checkers got it he held it up and either went sideways or bombed it long. hope they show him his game. plenty to learn.

- crisp - so consistent and aggressive in his rebound. Big part in why we smashed them on the rebound.

- adams - handball please! field kicking was 2nd worst (behind bianco)......but was super clean on the ground and made good decisions (just bad execution).

Lots of other contributors today obviously. a good result.
But what a difference a team can make when they just go fast and take risk.

Albeit this needs to be tempered by just how poor eagles were.
But still it looks good for the future that the young guys contributed and looked capable.
Sorry but miocheck is our most consistent player...absolute gun

Albeit this needs to be tempered by just how poor eagles were.
But still it looks good for the future that the young guys contributed and looked capable.

Bookending praise with demeaning statements.

No team gives up an easy 4 points. If we were pushovers the Eagles would have dominated. They're a good side and we smashed them.

Take the solid win and be happy. This was a good day. We haven't had many.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back