List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love to know why T71 is so keen to get CCJ out the door?
You do know jack has only one year max left in him?
CCJ has shown plenty in limited time at the level.
Deadset, perfect jack replacement and has the added element of being able to ruck as well. I know his rucking side of his game needs some work but i sure as hell dont want to be left with chol.
Cant wait to see how he goes with nank.

It is not Tiger71 that wants CCJ out of the club. He is just saying what he is hearing and passing that on to us. It is not his own personal opinion obviously.

Lions were going to take him at pick 3 until McCluggage fell to their pick.
Wouldn't mind McCluggage, he's a jet !

Although he would come with a lot of baggage.

Perhaps we should make a play for McStay.

I hear he has an Airbnb in Richmond.

Yes yes I will show myself out. Sheesh.

Not compatible with Lynch. Lynch/Riccardi combo would work much better. Riccardi has great athleticism and work up the ground between the arcs. CJ is full forward or nothing imo.

It is not Tiger71 that wants CCJ out of the club. He is just saying what he is hearing and passing that on to us. It is not his own personal opinion obviously.
His behaviour doesnt tell me he wants out. Go have a look at his post game interview after the crows game said this is the perfect environment for him to learn behind jack. Also changing his insta pic to him in a richmond jumper etc. Would you change your DP to a pic of you with a bird that you knew you were going to leave in a couple of weeks? Maybe im reading too much into it but just some things i have picked up 🤪

Because it leaves us with two 200cm KPFs who move like dinosaurs with no XFactor. Ideally you'd only want one, that's Lynch unless the second one is your third tall who is the second ruck (the role Chol has been playing).

CCJ is a Lynch like for like replacement and just like Lynch isn't much of a ruckman (dissapointingly). He's not a Jack replacement. We need a very mobile, young 195cm KPF with XFactor to compliment Lynch. CCJ isn't that type at all. He can play Lynch's role but two of them would leave us too tall and slow. It shows up our lack of a hybrid tall Jack Gunston like player.

Either we trade a Jake Riccardi/Himmelberg type of player in (not advocating either of these) or we chase an Amiss/Williams/van Rooyen 18yo 195cm type at the draft. An alternative could be we chase a quality key back and move Balta forward. Those are the options.

It's a real problem. Replacing Jack Reiwoldt is virtually impossible when you consider his record and his value to the club.

Because it leaves us with two 200cm KPFs who move like dinosaurs with no XFactor. Ideally you'd only want one, that's Lynch unless the second one is your third tall who is the second ruck (the role Chol has been playing).

CCJ is a Lynch like for like replacement and just like Lynch isn't much of a ruckman (dissapointingly). He's not a Jack replacement. We need a very mobile, young 195cm KPF with XFactor to compliment Lynch. CCJ isn't that type at all. He can play Lynch's role but two of them would leave us too tall and slow. It shows up our lack of a hybrid tall Jack Gunston like player.

Either we trade a Jake Riccardi/Himmelberg type of player in (not advocating either of these) or we chase an Amiss/Williams/van Rooyen 18yo 195cm type at the draft. An alternative could be we chase a quality key back and move Balta forward. Those are the options.

It's a real problem. Replacing Jack Reiwoldt is virtually impossible when you consider his record and his value to the club.
Disagree completely.
Lynch can play CHF leading up the ground and ccj full forward.
Unfortunately IMO lynch is being wasted and pigeonholed into the one position.
He’s so much better than what we are seeing- Dimma wants him deep and to and bring the ball to ground, which we all know.
He needs to play more like he did against the doggies where we won……. Coincidentally and at the suns. He can get back to it if given the chance I believe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bro I have no input if he goes or not. I just share what I hear and what I'm hearing is the strong mail he will be off to another club. For the record if that mail is wrong, I would not be upset as that would mean he is staying.

I guess my posting is in the context I believe he has gone, made peace with that already and just want the best for the club.

Not sure if mentioned but Jake Ricardi has been mentioned with our club. My mate works with his cousin so I’m sure if there is more to it he will know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like that. 🤩

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I rate CJ but don’t think he’s a replacement for JR.

And no way a forward line of CJ/JR/Lynch works - as slow treacle.

Not pensioning JR off but really reckon a quick kpf alongside Tom would be ideal, eg Balta.

The combination has worked because JR is as smart as they come but when he’s gone CJ won’t be the replacement (if he’s still at the club) imo.

Last edited:
Deadset, perfect jack replacement and has the added element of being able to ruck as well. I know his rucking side of his game needs some work but i sure as hell dont want to be left with chol.
Cant wait to see how he goes with nank.

He isn't really - CCJ & Jack are nothing alike. CCj would be a perfect replacement for Lynch, but isn;t a so great partner for Tom. Thats the biggest issue i see in CCJ, i am not convinced he and Lynch could ever partner together successfully

We said the same thing about Richo.
Everyone is replaceable unless your name is Dustin Martin.

Disagree completely.
Lynch can play CHF leading up the ground and ccj full forward.
Unfortunately IMO lynch is being wasted and pigeonholed into the one position.
He’s so much better than what we are seeing- Dimma wants him deep and to and bring the ball to ground, which we all know.
He needs to play more like he did against the doggies where we won……. Coincidentally and at the suns. He can get back to it if given the chance I believe.
Agree, the way we use Lynch is a huge waste. I can only assume that it’s injury related or something. He can play high and cover territory or play out of the square. Look at his all Australian year before we recruited him. He was tearing games apart, leading at the footy when deep and running opponents off their feet when up the ground.

Last edited:
His behaviour doesnt tell me he wants out. Go have a look at his post game interview after the crows game said this is the perfect environment for him to learn behind jack. Also changing his insta pic to him in a richmond jumper etc. Would you change your DP to a pic of you with a bird that you knew you were going to leave in a couple of weeks? Maybe im reading too much into it but just some things i have picked up 🤪

Well I hope that you are correct as I reckon CCJ has talent. I am not sold on keeping him though if he can wrangle us a high draft pick as has been mentioned.

Just don't shoot the messenger (Tiger71 ) for giving us what he has heard. He is generous enough to share his info when he gets it - just like a few others. I appreciate those insights a great deal.

Maybe things have changed now, who knows and I am sure if Tiger71 hears differently he will report that too.

Had a mate tell me this too the other day as well. Digging around to see if there is any weight to it. It would surprise me as gws rate him highly from what I hear
TigerImposter has a connection to Jake Riccardi from what i remember

he was posting about him prior to the draft and i think knows his uncle or knows somebody connected to the kid

Well I hope that you are correct as I reckon CCJ has talent. I am not sold on keeping him though if he can wrangle us a high draft pick as has been mentioned.

Just don't shoot the messenger (Tiger71 ) for giving us what he has heard. He is generous enough to share his info when he gets it - just like a few others. I appreciate those insights a great deal.

Maybe things have changed now, who knows and I am sure if Tiger71 hears differently he will report that too.
ive never said anything about T71?
just sharing my own thoughts and observations mate.
like you I follow and appreciate his mail its a great insight.

I rate CJ but don’t think he’s a replacement for JR.

And no way a forward line of CJ/JR/Lynch works - as slow treacle.

Not pensioning JR off but really reckon a quick kpf alongside Tom would be ideal, eg Balta.

The combination has worked because JR is as smart as they come but when he’s gone CJ won’t be the replacement (if he’s still at the club) imo.

Thats the solution to all our woes.

If we can find 1 or 2 KPD's then Balta can play forward/ruck - delicious

Yeah they are into CCJ. I am just hoping we move him on to GCS. I know Dew wants him but if he gets the ass, will that change it ? Will be an interesting watch this space
You've been pretty confident on CCJ going... is that mail, or is that more what you want/think?

I would be really disappointed we let him go, even if there was significant interest

You've been pretty confident on CCJ going... is that mail, or is that more what you want/think?

I would be really disappointed we let him go, even if there was significant interest
So many ways to skin a cat here.

Can we afford to go into next season with Jack, Lynch, Chol, Soldo, Ryan, Colina, Nank and CCJ? That's 8 players for 3 spots at best.

If the answer is still "yes", then it could be about cashing in on CCJ - if clubs are generally willing to pay overs for him - and bringing in someone like Riccardi in a net gain trade to play the CCJ role.

If the answer is "no", then would we be better off loading up on midfielders aged between 20-26 to address our biggest deficiency this year? Our midfield doesn't bat deep enough and are becoming injury prone.

Either way, we've got so many options with our draft hand. Exciting off season coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back