Adrian Dodoro: Football’s Biggest Fraud IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously how does this bloke have the reputation he does?

How does he seemingly have free reign to as he pleases at Essendon and end up with promotions.

What has he actually achieved?

All this talk about Worsfold and maybe he’s part of the problem but this bloke has been in charge of their list 7 years.

Won zero finals, his drafting leaves a fair bit to be desired in my opinion and year after year they have the same giant flaws.

This man has a lot of people conned including the media. Don’t think I’ve seen them ever criticise his record.

Always banging on about him winning trade periods. How can you win them when they don’t lead to any sort of genuine success?
Idiot.

How does OP feel about Dodoro's 2020 with the benefit of hindsight?

Daniher to FA for the pick that netted Nic Cox
Saad to Carlton for the pick that netted Zach Reid
Fantasia to PA for #29 and 2021 third
#29 and this year's second for Jye Caldwell
2MP with $250k of his salary paid for a 2021 4th rounder
Hind for a late pick swap that weren't going to use

I mean, I can see how as an opposition supporter (particularly Carlton or St Kilda) you'd think he was committing fraud, but in reality it is just excellent trading.

All above board.
This thread wasn’t made in 2020. Was made off the back of a typical Essendon season under Dodoro’s genius reign.

I mean, I can see how as an opposition supporter (particularly Carlton or St Kilda) you'd think he was committing fraud, but in reality it is just excellent trading.

All above board.

That's a good haul! Good drafting year by the club.

Do you guys know what the drafting strategy was for Cox and Hind?

Was Hind purely speculative? Or was it a deliberate choice...albeit late?

Also with Cox, was he tracked by the club? Was he highest rated when it was your pick?

Has any of that info come out over the year?

This thread wasn’t made in 2020. Was made off the back of a typical Essendon season under Dodoro’s genius reign.

You know Dodoro doesn't coach the team, run player development, or handle the conditioning of the players, right?

I know he's a larger than life figure that opposition supporters get triggered by, but he's not responsible for half the stuff people think he is.

Also with Cox, was he tracked by the club? Was he highest rated when it was your pick?

Hind played for our VFL side and supposedly was a guy we were planning on taking the year St Kilda did (they had an earlier pick in the range for where he went) so I'd imagine when it looked like he was on the outer at the Saints we'd always have been interested, especially when McKenna had gone back to Ireland during the season, and Saad had asked for a trade. The role Hind is playing now is the same role he played for our VFL side, and a role we needed filled, so that would have been very deliberate to me.

All above board.
Building a list that will potentially win a final one day. It will happen! Maybe not during his tenure but it will happen!

You know Dodoro doesn't coach the team, run player development, or handle the conditioning of the players, right?

I know he's a larger than life figure that opposition supporters get triggered by, but he's not responsible for half the stuff people think he is.
This thread was made in response to the constant drooling by the media over the lists he was putting together. Lists so good that Essendon have been easy beats in the finals for as long as I can remember. Media constantly implying Dodoro only was putting Essendon in amazing positions.

I wasn’t even triggered. But the constant circle jerk over him by the media and some Bombers supporters was worthy of laughter. Even now Essendon fans are proving my point again. He makes a couple of good looking decisions last year, the Bombers have a better than expected year and once again they get belted in a final and as a result we are all meant to bow down to Dods again.

Wake me up when a list he builds wins a flag then he will be worthy of the high amount of praise he receives.

This thread was made in response to the constant drooling by the media over the lists he was putting together. Lists so good that Essendon have been easy beats in the finals for as long as I can remember. Media constantly implying Dodoro only was putting Essendon in amazing positions.

I wasn’t even triggered. But the constant circle jerk over him by the media and some Bombers supporters was worthy of laughter. Even now Essendon fans are proving my point again. He makes a couple of good looking decisions last year, the Bombers have a better than expected year and once again they get belted in a final and as a result we are all meant to bow down to Dods again.

Wake me up when a list he builds wins a flag then he will be worthy of the high amount of praise he receives.
You weren't triggered but started a thread on another team's list manager. Starting a thread on a team without a coach that can't make finals I can understand, but the list manager.

Nah he triggers you, it's ok to admit it.

Dodoro is pretty much average as far as recruiters go if you go over his tenure. A few hits, a few misses, like most.

Meanwhile, we've had years lost due to player suspensions and the fall-out of that. Not Dodoro's doing. Underwhelming coaches. Not Dodoro's doing. Player development and conditioning issues. Not Dodoro's doing.

The biggest criticism people could genuinely and legitimately level at him, is that he's failed to draft a balanced midfield group in his time.

But people don't go for that. They go for idiotic arguments, like yours, because he triggers you.

The media literally only talks about Dodoro each trade period because idiots like you, click on the articles if they mention Dodoro. Then you complain they write the articles, that you click on, because they know you'll click on them, because you're triggered by him.

Rob Forster Knight leads our recruitment team

Hind came through our VFL team and we were pissed to miss out on him when St Kilda grabbed him - played some scintillating footy off half back e.g. https://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader...ownnet/video/083acdb64a556317f57e2f9d92ca367b and was a big moment player. I was surprised that they played him on the HFF line.

This year's draft talent was a bit of a crap shoot. We had three picks in the top 10 which went Cox, Perkins, Reid. I think we made the right call choosing three victorian kids - while interstate kids had more exposed form Victorian kids are usually a healthy proportion of the best talent in the draft. There was a bit of a logjam at 8-20 in the rankings, lots of kids were highly rated e.g. Bruhn, Henry, Davies, Jones, Powell, Macrae, Henry, McInness, Chapman. Time will tell but if we end up getting 3 quality players out of what was essentially a bit of lottery RFK has done well.

Mind you, building the list is one thing, developing it is another. Good players can look shit in a poor system, selfish players can look great in a poor system. You'll find posts on Essendon boards between 2017 and 2019 talking about Darcy Parish as a bust.

Dodoro has overseen the drafting of a heap of players that have been All Australian since he took over in 2005 - Hurley, Hooker, Merrett, Heppell, Daniher, Ridley, Parish. He's drafted three blokes who made All Australian for other teams - Ryder, Hibberd, Houli. He's brought in AAs from other teams in Shiel, Stringer, Goddard, Cooney, Chapman, Kelly. The problem has never been the talent, it's the culture / system.

Carlton has the same problem

Last edited:
You weren't triggered but started a thread on another team's list manager. Starting a thread on a team without a coach that can't make finals I can understand, but the list manager.
So you have to be started to start a thread on a footy website discussing the ability of a list manager?

That is a strange line of thinking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you regularly start threads about an employee you don't care about, of a club you don't support?
Particularly calling him footy's biggest fraud. Of all the people in footy; CEO's, coaches, assistants, players, media etc, a list manager who is one of a team involved in recruitment is the number 1 biggest fraud. No, not triggered at all.

I reckon a lot of things probably seem strange to someone who spends a lot of time on the Carlton board.. like common sense for instance.
I don’t spend anytime on the Carlton board.

The only ones lacking common sense here are you and your cronies claiming I was triggered because I commuted the outrageous act of making a thread on a footy forum about someone in footy. The horror!

It's your 4th most posted on board. 🤣🤣🤣
I don’t spend anytime on there anymore.

Gee Dodoro being criticised really cuts you deep doesn’t it?

You Essendon fans are hilarious. Anyone who makes a thread about Essendon is triggered apparently. You all don’t rate Dodoro except for all the years on end that you pump up his tires. Even now you can’t help but flock to this thread and attack people who have said something about this guy none of you rate apparently.

Strange strange bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back