EPL Matchday 4 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

"
Liverpool supporters chanting and stabbing themselves mocking people that were murdered.

Disgraceful. The bad side of fans being back in stadiums. What happened to making a lot of noise and funny chants?

Disgraceful. The bad side of fans being back in stadiums. What happened to making a lot of noise and funny chants?
And in the all Ireland final yesterday both sets of fans were mingling before, during and after the game. One was from the North as well

Classy IG from Struijk. He's a good fair player and I feel for him. Devastated for the young Liverpool kid too. Hoping for a speedy recovery from him.

Is it just me or are we seeing more and more of these leg injuries rather than less? Despite all the efforts to protect players from over zealous tackles. Needs to be looked at.

Every supporter base has a bunch of campaigners unfortunately.

Strange that instead of accepting this last night you tried to make excuses and justifications and deflect onto me.

I swear I saw his lower leg get snapped, but apparently it's an ankle dislocation, that has since been popped back in. Who knows what ligament or muscle damage was done. Initially I thought his season was over, but maybe he'll be back before Christmas.

Players that have scored against Chelsea from open play in the league this season.

12.jpg
Settle down boss only been 4 games.

Lets see them do it for 15 straight. ;)

Enter VDS.

Hopefully Elliott is back on the pitch soon. Unfortunate incident, no malice intended by Struijk.

Out of interest if Struijk doesn’t injure Elliott, is it a red card? Cooper made a similar challenge about 15 minutes later and only made minimal contact with Mane and it wasn’t a foul.

Oh yeah and the Man Utd supporters trying to defend Ronaldo on here is everything that is wrong with the world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully Elliott is back on the pitch soon. Unfortunate incident, no malice intended by Struijk.

Out of interest if Struijk doesn’t injure Elliott, is it a red card? Cooper made a similar challenge about 15 minutes later and only made minimal contact with Mane and it wasn’t a foul.

Oh yeah and the Man Utd supporters trying to defend Ronaldo on here is everything that is wrong with the world.

Obviously no malice intended but when you tackle from that angle with that much force there's a good chance of seriously injuring an opponent if you collect their planted leg. If there was no contact? Really up to the referee if a red is given. Still very dangerous. Strujik did look devastated afterwards, was very apologetic about the whole thing which is the right way to respond.

In reality more of those tackles should be reds not less as a foul doesn't require contact but can be attempted contact. A tackle can still be reckless even if no contact is made. If someone goes in two footed and the player jumps over it, it should still be a red.

Strange that instead of accepting this last night you tried to make excuses and justifications and deflect onto me.
Haha what? If you could read you would see I’ve said this numerous times.
What is funny is you saying stuff like that then picking and choosing what is ‘disgraceful’ and what you want to be offended by.
You highlighted the Leeds fans chants yet nothing about the Liverpool supporters.
You said Leeds fans chants about Rashford & Sancho missing penalties was ‘disgraceful’ but didn’t mention Man Utd supporters holding a Turkish flag and chanting about fans being murdered.
You were outraged by Alioskis ‘universal monkey face’ even though it wasn’t the slightest bit racist.
Your narrative is very obvious, and it’s hilarious.

In reality more of those tackles should be reds not less as a foul doesn't require contact but can be attempted contact. A tackle can still be reckless even if no contact is made. If someone goes in two footed and the player jumps over it, it should still be a red.

So if his knee/leg doesn’t make contact with Elliotts leg, it should still probably be a red due to him not being able to control the follow through?

Interestingly the referee apparently said he was always going to give a red card even though he didn’t pay a free kick.

Interestingly the referee apparently said he was always going to give a red card even though he didn’t pay a free kick.

He stopped play pretty quickly, assume the fourth official communicated via radio that a serious injury occurred.

Kudos to big VVD for deescalating the situation down and consoling Strujik. Often these sorts of tackles can end up as all in scuffles due to emotions running high.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back