EPL Matchday 4 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

He stopped play pretty quickly, assume the fourth official communicated via radio that a serious injury occurred.

Kudos to big VVD for deescalating the situation down and consoling Strujik. Often these sorts of tackles can end up as all in scuffles due to emotions running high.

I think he stopped it as the medical teams had run onto the ground.

Haha what? If you could read you would see I’ve said this numerous times.
What is funny is you saying stuff like that then picking and choosing what is ‘disgraceful’ and what you want to be offended by.
You highlighted the Leeds fans chants yet nothing about the Liverpool supporters.
You said Leeds fans chants about Rashford & Sancho missing penalties was ‘disgraceful’ but didn’t mention Man Utd supporters holding a Turkish flag and chanting about fans being murdered.
You were outraged by Alioskis ‘universal monkey face’ even though it wasn’t the slightest bit racist.
Your narrative is very obvious, and it’s hilarious.

What on earth do the Liverpool supporters have to do with your supporters' reaction to a horrific injury? The fact you yourself this morning acknowledged and accepted abhorrent elements of different fanbases yet last night were going off on 'SM's narrative' shows your obsession with deflection and making everything a narrative of me picking on Leeds.

What on earth do the Liverpool supporters have to do with your supporters' reaction to a horrific injury? The fact you yourself this morning acknowledged and accepted abhorrent elements of different fanbases yet last night were going off on 'SM's narrative' shows your obsession with deflection and making everything a narrative of me picking on Leeds.

Not saying we don’t have meathead supporters but they are not going to know the extent of the injury when they are carrying on.

Klopp screaming at them and acting like a lunatic is probably not helping the situation either.

Who would have thought scoring two goals against a rabble like Newcastle would produce such a response.
Leeds fans, whose own players run around town getting pissed up and beating up ethnic people, are offended by him.

Leeds fans, whose own players run around town getting pissed up and beating up ethnic people, are offended by him.
Woodgate and Bowyer? Yep both sh*t humans.

But you keep defending your rapist.
Oh no

Let's not turn this into a Leeds - Man U shitfight. The time for that was MD1 when Leeds were spanked 5-1

Oh no

Im not sure what point you are trying to make. As a person who has lived through someone close to me being raped and the damage it has caused them first hand, I just find it disgusting people defending him here because he plays for their football team.

The gaslighting king strikes again.

Im not sure what point you are trying to make. As a person who has lived through someone close to me being raped and the damage it has caused them first hand, I just find it disgusting people defending him here because he plays for their football team.
I find it amusing that most people on here didn't give a s**t until a week ago. Most also don't require Ronaldo to be tried for his alleged crimes or even charged for that matter.
1 allegation and straight to a guilty verdict.

There is a justice system for a reason. If there is evidence of his guilt I'm sure he'll end up in jail. He's innocent until then as far as most people are concerned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it amusing that most people on here didn't give a sh*t until a week ago. Most also don't require Ronaldo to be tried for his alleged crimes or even charged for that matter.

There is a justice system for a reason. If there is evidence of his guilt I'm sure he'll end up in jail. He's innocent until then as far as most people are concerned.

Not really wanting to wade into this but not sure I believe this bit.

I find it amusing that most people on here didn't give a sh*t until a week ago. Most also don't require Ronaldo to be tried for his alleged crimes or even charged for that matter.

I think it's pretty reasonable to view the civil settlement as indicating there is possible substance to the allegations. If there was absolutely nothing to it there's no way that a civil settlement would ever have gone ahead.

But this is a discussion for the thread dedicated to it and all in the past now.

I think posters did give a sh*t when it first arose(plenty of chat about it), its just become relevant again as hes joined the league 99% follow on here.

Agreed.

I get it, the conversation is uncomfortable to think about. I get it’s inconvenient for United fans to contemplate. I understand many just want the topic to go away and just focus on the football. I get it, it’s just easier that way and to dismiss/evade it accordingly.

However it’s still very very relevant in today’s world. This is literally an excerpt from the material Der Spiegel sourced and cited (which is available for anyone to read to place themselves in a more informed position):

"She said no and stop several times."

"I entered her from behind. It was rude. We didn't change position. 5/7 minutes. She said that she didn't want to, but she made herself available."
The answer continued: "But she kept saying 'No.' 'Don't do it.' 'I'm not like the others.' I apologized afterwards."

Have you back tracked on the injury yet?

Turns out it was a dislocated ankle. Wasn't even a red imo (as backed up pretty much in unison with the entire UK media since the game)

You are incredibly naïve if you don't think every supporter base has elements that go OTT. The telecast showed at least 90% of the crowd giving him a standing ovation.

Of course you have to wet the bed over the 5-10% that will always be campaigners no matter what.

Every club is full of them.

Agreed.

I get it, the conversation is uncomfortable to think about. I get it’s inconvenient for United fans to contemplate. I understand many just want the topic to go away and just focus on the football. I get it, it’s just easier that way and to dismiss/evade it accordingly.

However it’s still very very relevant in today’s world. This is literally an excerpt from the material Der Spiegel sourced and cited (which is available for anyone to read to place themselves in a more informed position):

"I entered her from behind. It was rude. We didn't change position. 5/7 minutes. She said that she didn't want to, but she made herself available."
The answer continued: "But she kept saying 'No.' 'Don't do it.' 'I'm not like the others.' I apologized afterwards."

Ronaldo wrote all of that on a questionnaire that was emailed? That would be a confession.

Was Ronaldo so powerful in 2009 that he could confess to rape and get away with it?

Ronaldo wrote all of that on a questionnaire that was emailed? That would be a confession.

Was Ronaldo so powerful in 2009 that he could confess to rape and get away with it?

I understand that you're desperate to continue your hero worship, but if you took a couple of seconds to read the reporting on this story - you would realise that he answered those questions in the course of correspondence with his own lawyers. That's covered by lawyer/client privilege and not admissible in any court. So yes, he could confess to rape to his own lawyers without having to be held accountable for it.

Agreed.

Think this is not just exclusive to United fans BTW, Lakers fans have been in denial about Kobe Bryant's wrong doing for years, even though he paid his accuser.

It's the attitudecthat rich powerful men, especially sports stars should automatically be declared innocent of rape or sexual assault/misconduct that bothers me and that their accusers/victims are just gold diggers.

Often women have to seek libel damages to get justice because it's very difficult to get a conviction against said powerful men in a court of law.

I am not neccesarily saying Ronaldo or Kobe were automatically guilty per se, it's the lack of actually considering they might possibly were and especially the denigration of their victims/accusers that bothers me the most.

We need to start showing more solidarity and support to women who believe they are victims of violence, sexual or otherwise by Rich, powerful men. This goes far beyond Ronaldo and Man Utd fans BTW.

I understand that you're desperate to continue your hero worship, but if you took a couple of seconds to read the reporting on this story - you would realise that he answered those questions in the course of correspondence with his own lawyers. That's covered by lawyer/client privilege and not admissible in any court. So yes, he could confess to rape to his own lawyers without having to be held accountable for it.

That’s totally irrelevant but your biggest concern in the entire case.

Have you back tracked on the injury yet?

Turns out it was a dislocated ankle. Wasn't even a red imo (as backed up pretty much in unison with the entire UK media since the game)

You are incredibly naïve if you don't think every supporter base has elements that go OTT. The telecast showed at least 90% of the crowd giving him a standing ovation.

Of course you have to wet the bed over the 5-10% that will always be campaigners no matter what.

Every club is full of them.

It was his trailing leg that got him. Studs up and in the air. Definite red.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back