List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our strategy of spending high end picks on mids and secure tall timber either later in the draft, via md season draft or FA/trade is really obvious now.

to everyone on this board - we don’t need to get bent over in trade week.

No more of giving overs for guys that haven’t even cemented a spot in the senior team.
If you want to give a pick 20-30 for a 4 yr 9 gamer - what would you be giving up for a player that has done something, like georgiades or Kozi from the hawks.

38 is fair for the tigers
Psd is fair for us.

CCJ, Larkey and Comben as tall fowards who change into the ruck.

Zurhaar as the medium that keeps defenders honest.

I like it.

With Edwards developing in the VFL. All of a sudden our forward stocks looks pretty good with the potential to pick a key defender with pick 20.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

How are we going to get a small forward gun?
I know brady mentioned it as a need.
Probably after another defender too.

How are we going to get a small forward gun?
I know brady mentioned it as a need.
Probably after another defender too.

Don't think we need to solve all of the worlds mysteries in one off season. I'd rather we take longer and get actual quality, rather then filling needs quickly with lack of quality.

38 is fine for CCJ, we're probably getting the better end of that deal. A future 2nd is also fine, with Richmond getting the better end of that deal.

I could also seeing CCJ and a 3rd for 20 being part of the discussion between the clubs too. In fact, I reckon that will be Richmond's starting point.

I think the club is keen on versatile forwards and ruckmen post Goldy. I think having Xerri, Comben, Jacobs and CCJ would give you some hope that you could fill a variety of roles and if someone isn't working in one role you aren't pretty much dead in the water. It might explain why we didn't want to go with McDonald last year and have too many KPFs who couldn't play other roles.

I agree. I can see in 24 months we might have Larkey as a permanent forward, Comben as a mostly permanent forward with CCJ and Edwards sharing the ruck duties. Means you can have 2-3 talls depending on how the game is going. It would be almost 2x Jackson style players rather than a traditional ruckman plus part-time ruck. Of course, if you get a Gawn-style ruckman along the way, one of these positions will evaporate.

There was also a note in the HS article that there is little interest in Weideman. If this is the case, I would definitely be looking at a 3rd/4th rounder to bring him over as a potential CHB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think we need to solve all of the worlds mysteries in one off season. I'd rather we take longer and get actual quality, rather then filling needs quickly with lack of quality.
Hopefully Phoneix and Mahoney have good pre-seasons and can have first crack at it. I still think Jed might end up playing a bit of time in the front half next year as well and I'd imagine a small forward is getting looked at with picks 20 and 38.

I haven’t kept up with this thread because, well, it’s hard to, so apologies if it’s been discussed.

It hurts me to write this because he’s one of my favourites but with the way our midfield is shaping. Ughhhh. I don’t even want to write it, BUT, should North entertain trading Jed?

Ok I’ve finished vomiting in my mouth just thinking and writing about it.
My logic is that Jed is a pure mid (and plays like a genuine Shinboner which is why I hate this)

But with our 23 and under midfield looking like a rolled gold midfield of the future I just don’t see him getting much time in the midfield with Powell coming back and most likely JHF coming in. It might be the best option for him and the club and he’s got value. We even saw him playing different roles this year without our full midfield playing. It won’t get easier.

Sometimes you’ve got to do the hard things.

Jed is a barometer in the midfield and I think we need him for another couple of years to help bring through the young midfield brigade. We still need a bit of experience around the kids with Anderson and Cunnington.

I would really love him to play 100 games for the club as well.

It's a pick swap, we'd get 28 back
North receive - Pick 28, Rich future 4th and CCJ
Rich receive - pick 20, NM future 2nd

I think it will take the equivalent of Pick 30 as a minimum to get the deal done.

I know what you’re saying, but we’re still not giving them pick 20. That range is a massive sweet spot for talls this year. You’re also giving them our 2nd pick next year, which is even more mind boggling.

Yikes, that writeup for Coleman-Jones is a bit tough on him. It seems the media want to protect Richmond optics.

That being said, I doubt it will stop them asking for pick 20.

As HJ said further up the chain, picks 1, 20 & 38 are off the table, surely.
It’s complete bullshit isn’t it……CCJ wants to leave, “he’s on tack to be a star, owes the club blah blah”…..North want to trade BB, “they should accept peanuts, he’s not that good blah blah”
They all have agendas, although I’m still unsure on Carro’s actual one.

CCJ is almost ideal for us.

He is in the perfect age demographic and his ability to play forward (averaging 1.5 goals a game) as well as in the ruck lets us tick both boxes from a list point of view.

This would allow us to move on Campbell with Xerri moving to #2 ruck.

However those expecting to get him for a 3rd rounder are living in dream land.
Lol then we get him for nothing. He owes Richmond nothing. They didnt play him.

I think the club is keen on versatile forwards and ruckmen post Goldy. I think having Xerri, Comben, Jacobs and CCJ would give you some hope that you could fill a variety of roles and if someone isn't working in one role you aren't pretty much dead in the water. It might explain why we didn't want to go with McDonald last year and have too many KPFs who couldn't play other roles.

It seems to be a common trend all over the field with a lot of midfielders able to play a combination of Forward/Mid/Wing.

Jed is a barometer in the midfield and I think we need him for another couple of years to help bring through the young midfield brigade. We still need a bit of experience around the kids with Anderson and Cunnington.

I would really love him to play 100 games for the club as well.

Agree. I’m trying to be unemotionally and pragmatic in my assessment. He didn’t play in our midfield when they were all fit and that tells a story in itself.

Don’t get me wrong. I love him as a player. Just thinking about what’s best for our future flag hopes. I would be wrapt if he was a part of it because he’s one of my favourites but I don’t want to see him wasted as a pressure forward.

All that in mind I think is and will be a fantastic defensive mid.

I agree. I can see in 24 months we might have Larkey as a permanent forward, Comben as a mostly permanent forward with CCJ and Edwards sharing the ruck duties. Means you can have 2-3 talls depending on how the game is going. It would be almost 2x Jackson style players rather than a traditional ruckman plus part-time ruck. Of course, if you get a Gawn-style ruckman along the way, one of these positions will evaporate.

There was also a note in the HS article that there is little interest in Weideman. If this is the case, I would definitely be looking at a 3rd/4th rounder to bring him over as a potential CHB.

I think the draft will have some good bargain Victorians who didn't get a lot of air time due to covid, I wouldn't want to trade too much of it away, but I wouldn't be opposed to Weideman.

I think if we can get a decent prospect from the PSD it would be a good outcome combined with Jacobs in the MSD and potentially Horne with our first pick.

I guess it is going to come down to how many leave as free agents and what, if anything, we get from them.

I think the draft will have some good bargain Victorians who didn't get a lot of air time due to covid, I wouldn't want to trade too much of it away, but I wouldn't be opposed to Weideman.

I think if we can get a decent prospect from the PSD it would be a good outcome combined with Jacobs in the MSD and potentially Horne with our first pick.

I guess it is going to come down to how many leave as free agents and what, if anything, we get from them.

Agreed. Hopefully Dumont and Port agree on terms and at last then we get a 2nd third at least.

38 is fine for CCJ, we're probably getting the better end of that deal. A future 2nd is also fine, with Richmond getting the better end of that deal.

I could also seeing CCJ and a 3rd for 20 being part of the discussion between the clubs too. In fact, I reckon that will be Richmond's starting point.

You know he is a first round pick, right?

Agreed. Hopefully Dumont and Port agree on terms and at last then we get a 2nd third at least.

How much legs is there to the rumour? I know a lot of people have been talking most of the year like it is a done deal. But has there been any real media acknowledgement?

You know he is a first round pick, right?
Yep, but one that has played 7 games in 4 years, he is a 2nd round pick but not pick 20. If we get another 2nd round pick for a departing player then that pick and pick swap later.

But who knows, we will find out later what the club think he is worth if he wants to come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back