List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 years and good money and we are expecting to use a fourth rounder?
Yeah, I was thinking that too. Given the contract offer, it's probably more like maybe CCJ for 38 and a future 2nd or maybe even CCJ and a 2021 2nd for 20 and 38 and a future 3rd.

38 probably won't cut it given the contract offer and I just can't see is using the PSD route.

Yeah, I was thinking that too. Given the contract offer, it's probably more like maybe CCJ for 38 and a future 2nd or maybe even CCJ and a 2021 2nd for 20 and 38 and a future 3rd.

38 probably won't cut it given the contract offer and I just can't see is using the PSD route.
If anything it strengthens our bargaining power. He has 3 years extra vs richmonds offer...just how loyal would one be in that situation? A player is more likely to keep his mouth shut while a club threatens to use their PSD pick.

I'd say we are offering more so we can keep our picks and use nothing more than pick 38.

The best way to learn, is look at what happens in Fiji or any other Pacific Island nation every few months. 😀
Ha Ha. When the second coup happened in the 90s, a few of us where I worked were a bit surprised to find out that one of the ring leaders was a bloke from our company. Remarkably, I was flopped on the couch just before and ACA was on - and I recognised somebody else I used to work with. I have no idea if that person is a goody or a baddie though as I wasn't paying attention until I saw their face.

If anything it strengthens our bargaining power. He has 3 years extra vs richmonds offer...just how loyal would one be in that situation? A player is more likely to keep his mouth shut while a club threatens to use their PSD pick.

I'd say we are offering more so we can keep our picks and use nothing more than pick 38.

This is it. And thinking a young player will leave a million dollars on the table so their last club will get a better draft pick is fanciful.

that's how I see it too, but plenty of hard hats on here saying Brady will conquer all, no prisoners, heads on stakes

I agree; my initial thoughts were 38 wouldn't cut it, but for 5 years, you'd have to be saying to the player/manager you'll do it our way, and if that's the PSD, then so be it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CCJ as a forward/ruck makes little sense but I like that Morris said he wants to replace Goldy. in a couple of years he can get a chop out from Edwards and rest forward.

Spewing Ed Richards re-signed. Would have been a handy off season

Anyone in need of a laugh, go check out the Tigers board.

Claiming that because we are offering him 5 years, we must pay a high pick

Stevo got 5 years at 500k, what did he average out at?

Jordan Dawson will probably net the Swans pick 18.

It won’t be a big trade for him, especially not in our first two. CCJ is a pure value bet and our investment is money in his bank account.

Anyone in need of a laugh, go check out the Tigers board.

Claiming that because we are offering him 5 years, we must pay a high pick 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Why the * would we be offering him 5 years

Brady has already shown he is ruthless. I doubt any of our trades will be desperate
Offering a player 5 years on a wing and a prayer suggests otherwise

to get him to shift on our terms, notably using the PSD to concentrate minds at Punt Road
But you’re tied to him for 5 years. He hasn’t shown anything to suggest that is a sane deal

But you’re tied to him for 5 years. He hasn’t shown anything to suggest that is a sane deal
He will fly past Xerri on our ruck chart and long-term is a viable attacking threat when resting forward with one of Comben/Edwards rucking. Also imagine that the deal will be front-ended or structured in a way that we won't feel it when other players will need to be paid.

I think it's a good deal and definitely better than any deal involving Weideman

Offering a player 5 years on a wing and a prayer suggests otherwise
cheer up! CCJ has good numbers from a limited sample, behind two premiership KPFs in Riewoldt and Lynch, and two premiership rucks in Nankervis and Soldo. List management is about talent acquisition, and this deal ticks a lot of boxes; demonstrated field performance, right demographic, fills a list need. What's not to like? 5 years is what you pay to get players to move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back