List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 years for a 9 game KPF/Ruck, wowser.

Going to have to pay a lot more now, so I hope he’s worth it. Reeks of a luff pick up.
This reeks of full carlton

dicko911 said:
Why not trade CCJ for Ziebell and Tarrant and any issues $$$ wise North cover.
Moron said:
so they offer him a 5 year deal and their supporters reckon he’s worth a 3rd rounder hahahahahaa

idiots
Nojangles17 said:
5y fmd , if they got any decency then they’ll hand over pick 20 given that’s how they value him. If they come at us with 38 , Balmey should spit at the floor in disgust then give m the rounds of the kitchen
Lamo80 said:
Should ask about the key forward kid North took in the mid season draft (Edwards). As much as CCJ showed he's got AFL qualities, he is a bit of a hard fit for our best 22. Would be ideal if we could replace with a similar quality true key forward. I did like glimpses I saw from Ryan in VFL games, but he ain't no Jack!

Edit: looking at the info on Edwards, he's listed as a 202cm ruck-forward. Seems a little strange them chasing CCJ, that being the case.

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk
lard said:
North might have the PSD but I honestly don't think CCJ will fu** us over like that, he knows we stuck by him and will do everything to make sure North play nice.
idiot said:
Thing is, I don't think we take pick 20 by itself. We might ask for 38 as well.
kfcboy said:
If they start pulling the psd card just go against his wishes and trade him to the Gold Coast for a 2nd rounder

He isn’t a free agent so we can still trade him to whoever we want
Some of the greatest hits

5 years for a 9 game KPF/Ruck, wowser.

Going to have to pay a lot more now, so I hope he’s worth it. Reeks of a luff pick up.

Smells to me of picking the eyes out of a club well stocked for players in his position. The kid likely hasnt gotten the opportunity he might have got elsewhere and so they're probably scouting him to go nuts when he does get an opportunity. However you still need to pay up to get him out of his club

5 years, I seriously can’t get over it

Some of the greatest hits
Might be delusional as all heck but there is a thin veneer of truth to the fact if we want him that bad they will expect something reasonable. I know psd is there but is this the guy to pull that card with

Smells to me of picking the eyes out of a club well stocked for players in his position. The kid likely hasnt gotten the opportunity he might have got elsewhere and so they're probably scouting him to go nuts when he does get an opportunity. However you still need to pay up to get him out of his club
It still is 5 years for a 9 gamer, it just cannot be filling a gap and moving a player from an opposition club. They must have really liked something.

5 years is a long time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Future 2nd, don’t want this years draft currency getting used. Especially if there is a chance Van Rooyen will still be available at 20
JHF, CCJ and JVR would be a massive win
Might be delusional as all heck but there is a thin veneer of truth to the fact if we want him that bad they will expect something reasonable. I know psd is there but is this the guy to pull that card with
This is the guy to pull that card with because I hope the club don't ever plan on holding pick 1 in the PSD again

It still is 5 years for a 9 gamer, it just cannot be filling a gap and moving a player from an opposition club. They must have really liked something.
I’m happy to be proven wrong and he wins a coleman/Brownlow/smith treble but I just don’t see it

While this is all very funny, a reminder to everyone - please do not tag or quote opposition posters for the sole purpose of making fun of them

Yes GG I know you haven't actually tagged anyone
I did it purely for research purposes and to get a feel for how opposition posters were taking the news. I find it interesting to gather opposition insights and compare them to our own.

I am not responsible for other posters and how they take the comments...whether they see it as humorous, informative, etc. is purely subjective.

:cool:

Wonder if those bemoaning 5 years at $400k would be as triggered with 4 years at $500k? The only measure that concerns me is what draft capital it costs us.
Either is way long for a 9 gamer, $2m on hope? That’s a huge gamble

I’m happy to be proven wrong and he wins a coleman/Brownlow/smith treble but I just don’t see it

He just needs to be a reliable squad player for five years. We need them also.

He might have five years but he's also being paid an average AFL wage over that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back