List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who was the last player to nominate a club, not get there and then decide to stay with his current club out of respect?

It won't happen. If Comben was out of contract and wanted a trade to the wooden spooner we would be lucky to get a pick inside 40.

Dunkley?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It's all about perspective, eh? Residents close to Punt Road would say early second rounder with four years in the system - I like your stand of 38 or the PSD, but it's just the latter gets talked about a whole lot more often than it actually occurs
Worked ok the last two years though for Ade & Carlton.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree... didn't he drop a clue a few days ago? Something about the letter J?
C'mon FNF - we need you!

Thought he just said not to stress, be patient and something good coming soon....

This reeks of clutching at straws
Ok then, fill me in on how 5 years makes sense for a guy that we don’t know is or isn’t up to the level. Don’t say potential because we can draft potential

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a fair comparison. Jaidyn had very good runs on the board.

I wouldn’t bat an eyelid if it was a four year deal for a tall with triggers.

Jaidyn had a career worst season based on an illness a year after an extended absence through breaking the leagues gambling rules. His runs on the board were history.

Think creatively, in salary cap and contract terms it is nothing.

See I’m aware that in terms of cap we can jig the numbers all manner of ways but a club like us I don’t want to be gambling $2m

Ok then, fill me in on how 5 years makes sense for a guy that we don’t know is or isn’t up to the level. Don’t say potential because we can draft potential
you don't draft four years of physical development for a tall, unless its from a lower league and CCJ does actually have runs on the board at the senior level. If one of our early career KP players kicked four in a match this place would melt

did we not give 5 years to Aiden Corr? Or was it 4? in any event, Corr's a reliable professional when fit, whereas CCJ has significantly more upside
Corr has demonstrated he’s best 22 and league standard, CCJ has not shown that, draft for upside

See I’m aware that in terms of cap we can jig the numbers all manner of ways but a club like us I don’t want to be gambling $2m
but that's what you have to do - I distinctly remember Peter Gordon justifying the squiiions on Tom Boyd even though he knew they were betting the club. The result? A cup in 2016

Worked ok the last two years though for Ade & Carlton.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app
For every deal not done and a player is walked to the psd, there are 50 odd trades that do happen amicably. Prior to those two psd picks there wasnt a listed psd pick taken from a club who wanted to keep their players for about 5 years. So statistically speaking, a fair trade will probably occur given he is out of contract. The threat of the psd is a touch overblown imo

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jaidyn had a career worst season based on an illness a year after an extended absence through breaking the leagues gambling rules. His runs on the board were history.
Again he showed a sustained period of best 22 ability

but that's what you have to do - I distinctly remember Peter Gordon justifying the squiiions on Tom Boyd even though he knew they were betting the club. The result? A cup in 2016
Even Boyd showed more

A club like us needs to use all of the tools at our disposal, salary cap and list spots is one, opportunity another. When we fly up the ladder, then it becomes environment and success.

To me this is a very good use of our capital as he will provide an instant impact forward next year and possibly be part of the ruck equation moving forward. If it doesn’t work, he becomes a handy backup.

don’t insert yourself into a trade scenario mate “we don’t know is up to the level” 🙄

the club obviously likes the glimpses that they’ve seen and you have to pay overs to pry someone away. Gold Coast have been on him for a few years and we’vematched that deal because we severely lack quality big men, as seen by the fact that tom ******* Campbell played seniors this year.

400 clams is ******* nothing these days so put the chicken little s**t away and learn how to build an AFL quality list in the current climate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back