Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe 2: Crows 2021 Rumours

Where do you think Jordan Dawson ends up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic stuff.

Jeremy Finlayson will fit in perfectly at Port Adelaide. His 2019 GF was right up there with the Rohan/entire PAFC type of big final performance.
Not suggesting Finlayson would be a top 10 player for anyone, but this criticism is unfair

Their midfield was smashed in the GF. Not the easiest game to play 3rd tall forward.

He kicked 3, 2 and 2 goals in their first three finals and was pretty good.

Surely we’d be in the box seat for Dawson if Port have their eyes on Finlayson, as well?

Time to go all in on our target

Ah, Finlayson

Like Dixon, another forward that almost reached 50 goals in a season that one time

I just spoke to one of the Port supporters at my work (one who likes to think that they know everything about football), about Port being after Jeremy Finalyson.

His response, "Who's that?"

Then next year I'd bet my house on him trying to convince me that he is a superstar and how Port got him for a steal.

Not suggesting Finlayson would be a top 10 player for anyone, but this criticism is unfair

Their midfield was smashed in the GF. Not the easiest game to play 3rd tall forward.

Now matter how you want to paint that game and all the other failings of GWS on the day, Finlayson shat the bed

Yeah it’s not a move that makes a whole lot of sense to me

Maybe they don’t have that much faith in Marshall? I understand it, but for all his flaws I actually don’t mind him

Not many of the moves they make seem to make any sense.

Bringing in Ryder after they had signed Matthew Lobbe on a five year deal
Bringing in an inside mid (Rockliff) when they already had Wines.
Bringing in Fantasia when they already had Rozee.

They just bring guys in solely on their name and not need.

It's almost like they need to have a shiny new toy to sell the supporters each year in order to keep the membership sales up.

It's almost like they need to have a shiny new toy to sell the supporters each year in order to keep the membership sales up.
Aliir was the only one that clearly filled a need - and as a result, he became a great pick up.

The question that needs to be asked is - how do Port get Finlayson, Dawson, Burgoyne (matched bid) and a draft pick?
They have 16 not much else. Must be planning on trading out a few players.

If you look at their list, what do they have of value to trade?

I guess they could trade SPP to West Coast or Freo, but given his history and how he'd struggled to get a game for Port this year you would think that he may only get them a pick in the mid 20s.

Third KPF and had a 76 goal Jeremy Cameron next to him......let's see him kick 20+ next to Dixon and Marshall.

Yeah exactly.

He's in the exact same position as Charlie Dixon was at the suns. Flaky, inconsitent, had barely one passable season playing second fiddle to Tom Lynch

However Dixon was rated (and his rating grew as soon as he was linked with a move to Port) while most people would say Finlayson is below average

It seems like Port draft for needs and trade for best available. Bizarre stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah exactly.

He's in the exact same position as Charlie Dixon was at the suns. Flaky, inconsitent, had barely one passable season playing second fiddle to Tom Lynch

However Dixon was rated (and his rating grew as soon as he was linked with a move to Port) while most people would say Finlayson is below average

Don't worry, Kane, Tradders and Dwyane and the rest of the Port faithful will have him in the Dunstall category by the end of 2022.

I just checked over yonder (the Port forum) and the overrating has already started !!!!

"He's a beautiful kick of the footy", "under a good coach he could be anything", "he's a massive upgrade" etc

Last edited:
Caro has her critics but she generally doesn't run with something unless she has info she can check and trust

Burgess, hopefully true
Balme, true
Mitchell and Clarko, true
Carlton Politics, true

If Caro comes out and says Dawson to Port, at that sage I'll start to listen to the media

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
She was right into “naked tied to trees” hyperbole

She used to be good
Now not so much

Don't worry, Kane, Tradders and Dwyane and the rest of the Port faithful will have him in the Dunstall category by the end of 2022.

I just checked over yonder (the Port forum) and the overrating has already started !!!!

"He's a beautiful kick of the footy", "under a good coach he could be anything", "he's a massive upgrade" etc

And there's the problem, now they have to draft a good coach to get the best out of Finlayson

If you look at their list, what do they have of value to trade?

I guess they could trade SPP to West Coast or Freo, but given his history and how he'd struggled to get a game for Port this year you would think that he may only get them a pick in the mid 20s.
Butters and Rozee is their only players of value to trade.

Hes a flattracker, pure and simple.

If I was a young forward at Port I'd be pretty annoyed.

If anything he's moving down a peg in the coaching ranks, and who's he an upgrade on ??

They've spent the last 4 days belting Ken from pillar to post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back