Draft Expert PMBangers' 2021 Draft Board - Come for the R1 phantom (post #1591), stay for the Simpsons references

Remove this Banner Ad

Wanted to touch on this article a bit. We've constantly heard from everywhere that there's that top 4 of Nick Daicos, Jason Horne-Francis, Sam Darcy and Finn Callaghan, but then varying reports fron there of the tiers of talent.

Twomey mentioned the 'Almost Eight' in Josh Gibcus, Ben Hobbs, Jye Amiss, Mac Andrew, Josh Ward, Neil Erasmus, Josh Rachele and Arlo Draper, with Tyler Sonsie and Josh Sinn close, but Waterworth mentions this in the article:

From there, some recruiters believe you could “throw a blanket” over as many as 50 players, such is the evenness of the players on offer.

In regards to the group after the top 4 which matches a lot of what we've heard, it makes the build up to the draft more interesting with so many possibilities, especially outside the top 10

Wanted to touch on this article a bit. We've constantly heard from everywhere that there's that top 4 of Nick Daicos, Jason Horne-Francis, Sam Darcy and Finn Callaghan, but then varying reports fron there of the tiers of talent.

Twomey mentioned the 'Almost Eight' in Josh Gibcus, Ben Hobbs, Jye Amiss, Mac Andrew, Josh Ward, Neil Erasmus, Josh Rachele and Arlo Draper, with Tyler Sonsie and Josh Sinn close, but Waterworth mentions this in the article:

In regards to the group after the top 4 which matches a lot of what we've heard, it makes the build up to the draft more interesting with so many possibilities, especially outside the top 10

We could see something crazy in the top 10, like Bodhi Uwland!

If Colman Jones is in this draft what talls are you taking before him? Interesting to know where he’d sit draft range wise
Exclusively talls? He'd be 6th in line I'd guess, behind; Sam Darcy, Josh Gibcus, Jye Amiss, Mac Andrew and Rhett Bazzo, maybe goes above Rhett Bazzo but it'd be pretty close I think

What are your thoughts on the evenness of the draft?

At what point do you think the draft really evens out.

I really like where the Saints pick is because if feel between 5-12 is quite even and we are likely to end up with a good midfielder at that pick.

Some Saints fans are suggesting trading down and splitting the pick which seems like a massive risk to me when what we need will likely be there at 9 (11)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are your thoughts on the evenness of the draft?

At what point do you think the draft really evens out.

I really like where the Saints pick is because if feel between 5-12 is quite even and we are likely to end up with a good midfielder at that pick.

Some Saints fans are suggesting trading down and splitting the pick which seems like a massive risk to me when what we need will likely be there at 9 (11)
I have the same top 4 tier as everyone, hard not to, then my next group of Gibcus, Hobbs, Amiss, Andrew, Ward, Sinn and Erasmus is pretty even, then Wilmot, Chesser, Sonsie, Johnson and Draper for the third tier, and from there it's an even group of 15-20 more for now. So that 5-12 is a sweet spot at the moment, but I'm sure as we get more news from recruiters/media things will be seen differently

I have the same top 4 tier as everyone, hard not to, then my next group of Gibcus, Hobbs, Amiss, Andrew, Ward, Sinn and Erasmus is pretty even, then Wilmot, Chesser, Sonsie, Johnson and Draper for the third tier, and from there it's an even group of 15-20 more for now. So that 5-12 is a sweet spot at the moment, but I'm sure as we get more news from recruiters/media things will be seen differently
interesting you have left out Rachele

interesting you have left out Rachele
He is 20th on my board after all, which is probably harsh but speaks to the evenness of that group again, I could argue to have him over Goater, NWM and Roberts, and in revision I probably should have him over Roberts

Right, PMBangers and eDPS, must be a hell of a corkie to miss out a month of football.

The corkie ninja assassins from WC and Freo have been successful
🤷‍♀️ given the variation in corky severity its not overly surprising, real bad ones can be 5 week injuries without any complications, and he played through one that got hit again during the game in his final PSA outing, he's getting drafted and it'll be high so its not like he needs to play this game

Right, PMBangers and eDPS, must be a hell of a corkie to miss out a month of football.

The corkie ninja assassins from WC and Freo have been successful
I asked Erasmus on insta if he was playing the game and he said that he wasn't and that he's injured or whatever and that it was a quad (not sure if it's the same injury)

🤷‍♀️ given the variation in corky severity its not overly surprising, real bad ones can be 5 week injuries without any complications, and he played through one that got hit again during the game in his final PSA outing, he's getting drafted and it'll be high so its not like he needs to play this game
All very very convenient for WA clubs looking at having a pick or two around his range...

Erasmus has the same type of injury that saw Georgiades miss his entire draft year. Hopefully it doesn't get that bad for Neil.
Thought that might be the case, it's a risk you run when you play through it and it keeps getting knocks

Can you explain why to me I'm super interested? Also with regards to the M Grigg comparison can someone explain to me why they are alike apart from the obvious solid bodied left footed mids who aren't explosive?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back