Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It pisses me off that people were reportedly partying on GF weekend, but unless you have lived in Melbourne and experienced 240 days of hard lockdown since March 2020 I'm not sure you can speak with any authority about why many Melburnians are lockdown fatigued and no longer compliant.
I think you personally should be allowed to go to home of those people who are known to have Covid

You personally should be allowed to get Covid

You up for it?

So how did that "needless lockdown" work out for those who now suffer with Covid?
Im in the country mate and we never had a case in our shire for over 12 months yet we were subject to ridiculous rules eg Shepparton had cases so they shut down Gippsland. Finally after 18 months they are now just shutting down relevant areas that are affected rather than just needlessly locking down the whole of rural Victoria. Unfortunately its too late. People are sick of the lockdowns and are ignoring the rules. Everyone had GF parties down here. Perhaps they would have followed the rules if they hadn't been needlessly locked down.

They admitted that they are overwhelmed.

CT cant keep up when its above 50-100 a day

when you are 1000+, no chance in hell

just IMO, the role changes from trying to get to the front of the outbreak (because thats now impossible) to just understanding how/why its spreading.

As we saw with NSW, they reduced their processes to more automated tick and flick reviews so they could process more but in lesser detail

fwiw id hate to be doing this gig in vic right now (nsw have scaled back theirs because of these issues)

I think you personally should be allowed to go to home of those people who are known to have Covid

You personally should be allowed to get Covid

You up for it?
Is that the view you hold? Not my view. I've been compliant. But if you don't understand that Melburnians are Lockdown fatigued, that we are living in a City that has been in hard lockdown for longer than any other western city on this planet, then there's no point arguing with you.

Possible but very, very unlikely considering:
  1. Melbourne's contact tracing system is currently stretched to the limit and behind schedule;
  2. Incubation time for Delta strain is 5-6 days but can be up to 14 days, so I'd say its unlikely any friends at the GF party would have tested positive in 3 days.
  3. For there to be 500 GF cases as reported suggests it was either a massive warehouse party or more likely hundreds of gatherings. Does anyone believe the Health officials are so efficient as to collate all this data from across Melbourne, contact all of the potentially affected people within 24 hours, and have a definitive GF link by the Wednesday? I visited a Tier 1 site a month ago and was NEVER contacted by Health officials; I only found out when I received an email from my employer.
Again it is remotely possible but on the balance of probabilities, extremely unlikely
Test positive, interview, instant names there is no detective work

CT cant keep up when its above 50-100 a day

when you are 1000+, no chance in hell

just IMO, the role changes from trying to get to the front of the outbreak (because thats now impossible) to just understanding how/why its spreading.

As we saw with NSW, they reduced their processes to more automated tick and flick reviews so they could process more but in lesser detail

fwiw id hate to be doing this gig in vic right now (nsw have scaled back theirs because of these issues)

Hence we don’t believe the phenomenal work they did in 3 days to link 500 naughty cases from grand final day.

Test positive, interview, instant names there is no detective work
To who do you give those names? Health officials aren't even contacting all positive cases by phone now; they're texting them.

Im in the country mate and we never had a case in our shire for over 12 months yet we were subject to ridiculous rules eg Shepparton had cases so they shut down Gippsland. Finally after 18 months they are now just shutting down relevant areas that are affected rather than just needlessly locking down the whole of rural Victoria. Unfortunately its too late. People are sick of the lockdowns and are ignoring the rules. Everyone had GF parties down here. Perhaps they would have followed the rules if they hadn't been needlessly locked down.
I believe Warrigul now has cases due to the GF weekend, right?

So my point remains

Seriously, are you guys supposed to be in lockdown.
Why got to any party, gathering or whatever.
How can you justify breaking a health directive and going to a party? Just so you and your mates can cheer on your team in any code.

You cant fix stupid, but you can medicate it.
You would think so wouldn't you?
Unfortunately we are infested with feeble minded, oxygen thieves like our friend below.

Completely understandable people going to parties for the GF down my way. After being needlessly locked down for months of course people are going to disregard silly rules.

Dont take this personally EDFL you have plenty of criminal mates here

So now the narrative is everyone who breaks the rules have Covid.

So if we consider there are 6.5 million people in Victoria who’ve never had Covid, then the rule breakers are apparently a very small minority, so why the need for daily lectures?

The simple fact of life is pretty much everyone breaks the rules, breaks the law every single day because they know what’s safe and what’s not. If you follow every rule to the letter of the law then you must be a very boring person and be pretty clueless.

Because of you say you must follow the rules 100% of the time you’ve never jaywalked, you’ve never touched your phone in your car, you’ve never gone 1km over the speed limit, you always come to a complete stop at every stop sign, you always keep left unless overtaking.. etc etc etc

Must suck being you!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if we consider there are 6.5 million people in Victoria who’ve never had Covid, then the rule breakers are apparently a very small minority, so why the need for daily lectures?

The simple fact of life is pretty much everyone breaks the rules, breaks the law every single day because they know what’s safe and what’s not. If you follow every rule to the letter of the law then you must be a very boring person and be pretty clueless.

Because of you say you must follow the rules 100% of the time you’ve never jaywalked, you’ve never touched your phone in your car, you’ve never gone 1km over the speed limit, you always come to a complete stop at every stop sign, you always keep left unless overtaking.. etc etc etc

Must suck being you!
Its russian roulette if you are not vaccinated

Hence we don’t believe the phenomenal work they did in 3 days to link 500 naughty cases from grand final day.

its not phenomenal work. its tick and flick. if you spent just 5 mins on the phone with them, and they were infected around the GF window, asking "what did you do GF day?" would be the first question asked

the tough stuff is knowing the unknowables (ie the family birthdays or engagement parties, picnics with mates, visits to illegal knock shops or the mistress)

To who do you give those names? Health officials aren't even contacting all positive cases by phone now; they're texting them.
Some hospital staff may be doing interview based contact tracing especially with surprise positive cases

This argument could go on forever. Let’s just admit, some positive cases fell out from grand final day, some admitted they visited friends (were probably infectious before that day).
Add more traffic movement on the day and they’ve come up with the estimated figure of “a third were illegal house visits”.
It’s mayo. Is what it is.

This argument could go on forever. Let’s just admit, some positive cases fell out from grand final day, some admitted they visited friends (were probably infectious before that day).
Add more traffic movement on the day and they’ve come up with the estimated figure of “a third were illegal house visits”.
It’s mayo. Is what it is.
Spot on. It doesn't matter anyway, get used to these numbers. I'm fine with those afraid not leaving their house anyway when we open up with these daily numbers.

Less traffic, easier to get into restaurants....only good things.

Presuming they will still be in self lockdown with such daily numbers.....

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

What is happening here is Daniel Andrews is looking for a reason to extend Lockdown to ease pressure on the Health System and by blaming Melburnians for "partying" takes the heat of Dan for ******* up with ICU beds and the $1.3B he promised to spend on surge capacity in our hospitals. Plain and simple and on cue for our premier.

Yesterday Dan said "I'm not trying to blame anyone", but that is what he did, as well as threatening to extend lockdown.

Must suck being you!
People don’t always guess correctly when it comes to judging risk (that’s what risk is sometimes you get it wrong) the difficulty here is
- infectious disease isn’t something that many are able to have accurate risk judgement
- you risk judgment about your own interactions could be wildly off due to the behaviour of those you interact with

In the end control your controllables (ie get vaccinated) and let the rest sort itself out. Follow the roadmap which also means follow removing restrictions at the vaccination levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back