List Mgmt. 2021 Trade, FA and Draft Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats on the granny boy and that smart trading to get pick 17. Who do you guys like around that mark? Reckon you have a chance at nabbing Mac andrew?

Congrats on the granny boy and that smart trading to get pick 17. Who do you guys like around that mark? Reckon you have a chance at nabbing Mac andrew?
17 could be Campbell Chesser, Matty Roberts or Arlo Draper. Very nice.

Given clubs generally rank the first 5 players the same (maybe different orders), getting a pick around the 17 mark is smart.

You can be almost certain someone you rank as a top 12 talent will “slide” as all the club’s player ranking start to diverge much more as you progress through the draft.

It’s why every club says “We are thrilled, we got a player who we thought would be gone in the 20s at pick 37”. It’s true, but just illustrates the variance in rankings, it doesn’t necessarily represent a bargain.

We have credit in the bank from these deals, having nailed pretty much all of them. I’m 99% sure we’ll make the GF and end up breaking even on this one again, but for all I care we can finish 18th and give up pick 1 for 17, who gives a damn, it’s a privilege to be in a position to be taking these risks post-flag.

Don’t dislike the deal, always nice to bring talent in as soon as possible. Just feel that when we always start a season without a first and trade a future pick to get one back we will get caught out sooner or later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

• 2015 - traded 2016 first (pick 8) for 2015 first (pick 7) with GWS/GC, which we used to pick Weideman. Bust because Weideman hasn’t turned out yet, but the 2016 top 10 ended up being rubbish anyway so meh. Also this deal allowed us to move up from 6 to 3 and take Oliver, so that alone makes it worthwhile.
  • 2016 - didn’t trade future pick
  • 2017 - traded 2018 first in Lever deal, ended up being pick 16 (before academy etc). Big win.
  • 2018 - didn’t trade future pick but offered it to Port so we could get Butters. Luckily they declined because this ended up being the pick we used on Jackson.
  • 2019 - traded 26 and 2020 future first (pick 11) for 2019 first (pick 8), ended up getting Kossie and Rivers. Big win.
  • 2020 - traded 2021 first (pick 18) for two 2020 firsts (pick 18 and 19), and downgrades pick ~25 to pick ~33. Got Bowey and Laurie. Huge win just because we got 2 for 1. Probably could only have been improved if we’d gotten Max Holmes instead of Laurie which is what we wanted, but Laurie might turn out to be a fun anyway.

Last edited:

Mac Andrew will go top 5. I'd personally take him top 2. No chance in hell we'll get him. Which is a shame. I'd like a key forward. Maybe Jack Williams but I don't really care. I just want Jason Taylor to back in who he thinks is best available.

Seems like we’ve paid to get back into the draft this time, I think we can only break even in pick value really. Doubling down on the list now, why not.

Could be value for Adelaide if we have a premiership hangover or injuries mount.

• 2015 - traded 2016 first (pick 8) for 2015 first (pick 7) with GWS/GC, which we used to pick Weideman. Bust because Weideman hasn’t turned out yet, but the 2016 top 10 ended up being rubbish anyway so meh.
Rubbish?

There is 6 guns in the top 10 Oliver, Weitering, McKay, Mills, Parish & Hopper

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back