Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From just reading this thread I'm surprised 5AA isn't a ratings powerhouse. It seems everyone on this thread listens regularly, if only to then comment on how bad it is ;).
I like to listen to 5AA after a Crows loss, in the hope of hearing Lindy vent. It's golden radio!!!

Speaking of 5UV, as an undergrad I remember one of their night programs in the early 80s was hosted by this ex PAC (I think) guy who called himself Rastas BootPolish and used fake black accent. Was the closest thing to blackface 'humour' on a radio station I've ever heard.a

Bet there is no mention of that bit of racist history in the Adelaide Uni international student marketing.

Reckon I've got a couple of cassette tapes of that group of loons stored in my dad's shed... if the ferric oxide coatings haven't gone to powder in shame.

Barrett being a gumby again with his sliding doors: mentions how the supporters made such a noise when SPP came on in the QF then asks what could have happened for him to be "unwanted right now". The coaches didn't make the noise when he ran out, it was the supporters and I'm fairly certain most supporters would rather SPP stay. Stupidity of the man to equate the coach and staff and trade buzz as the supporters having jumped ship on SPP.

Barrett being a gumby again with his sliding doors: mentions how the supporters made such a noise when SPP came on in the QF then asks what could have happened for him to be "unwanted right now". The coaches didn't make the noise when he ran out, it was the supporters and I'm fairly certain most supporters would rather SPP stay. Stupidity of the man to equate the coach and staff and trade buzz as the supporters having jumped ship on SPP.

Yeah, West Coast made some noise about SPP (which has since been squashed), I don't recall CD mentioning his name, maybe it's just SPP's management exploring possibilities, so "unwanted right now" is a stretch. An insult even.

West Coast: Hey are you guys open to trading Sam Powell-Pepper
Port: It depends on what you offer and we'll check with him if he's open for it?

Barrat: Why is Sam Powell-Pepper now unwanted at Port?

IF Damian Barrett didn't come to work one day

THEN afl.com.au would be a better place
Tweet that to Craig Hutchison or SEN. Hutchy will read that out to him in the podcast they do together.

And most under 20 wouldnt know that a radio exists outside of what you hear in a car when waiting for your bluetooth to connect.

As an aficionado of the phrase, ‘golden age of podcasting’, the number of times I’ve been literally gobsmacked at the sheer drivel coming out of the radio before this happens is mindblowing.

It’s like, “people still get paid a living wage for this?”, and then, “jesus, was it always this bad?!”

It‘s akin to 90’s Australian TV before HBO and Showtime hit our shores.

"Need to focus on teaching the basics" says every other football development coach ever.

"Need to focus on teaching the basics" says new Geelong development coach Eddie Betts. Makes the 10am news in Adelaide.

*shakes head"

Imagine being a development coach at Geelong.

'So boys, none of you will ever get a game here because Chris won't play anyone below 30, but if you work really hard and play well in the VFL, we might be able to get you to Freo or the SUNS during trade week'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Need to focus on teaching the basics" says every other football development coach ever.

"Need to focus on teaching the basics" says new Geelong development coach Eddie Betts. Makes the 10am news in Adelaide.

*shakes head"
I always thought it was weird every single professor starting the semester with a review of the basics. Then, I taught a couple of classes in a local Law school. I went back to the basics.

It’s unavoidable.

The AFL writing up about Martin, Trac and Bont in an article today so I ran my eye across Robbie's 2014 season. Almost criminal that it doesn't get the recognition it deserves: certainly stacks up with Martin's 2017, even if the team success overshadows things a little more in retrospect.
Speaking of this so-called article, have a look at this:

The AFL are blatantly plagiarising stuff from BigFooty. Un f*cking believable

Saw a big advert for an 8 part documentary series they were going to do in honour of Essendon's 150th anniversary. Reminds me of how they pulled out all the stops for Port in our 150th; only fair given we have more than double their trophy collection.

These junior clubs like Essendon need all the help they can get

lol at 8 parts. i guess Sheedy is at least 4 parts, and they'll spend an hour on the great 4-peat of the VFA era 130 years ago when the goalposts were just trees. then there's the baby bombers and Dustin Fletcher, i guess the way they talk about both they'll focus on them for a few hours each. hope they don't gloss over their clash guernsey history, all the stubbornness about how sacrosanct their sash is, only to turn it into a seatbelt anyway

lol at 8 parts. i guess Sheedy is at least 4 parts, and they'll spend an hour on the great 4-peat of the VFA era 130 years ago when the goalposts were just trees. then there's the baby bombers and Dustin Fletcher, i guess the way they talk about both they'll focus on them for a few hours each. hope they don't gloss over their clash guernsey history, all the stubbornness about how sacrosanct their sash is, only to turn it into a seatbelt anyway

PEDS surely !

7 episodes will be about how they were all innocent, that Hird is a saint, and that Jobe is not a weird name at all, no sirree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back