Saturday September 25

Draft Combine – Vic Country
Friday October 1

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Wednesday October 3 - Monday October 15

Trade Period (picks and players)
Monday October 4 (9am) – Wednesday October 13 (7.30pm)

Draft Combines (States and Regions)
VM: Saturday October 9 (tbc)
Qld: Sunday October 10

Tas: Monday October 11
SA: Saturday October 16

WA: Sunday October 17
NSW&ACT: tbc
NT: will join SA or Qld

Trade Period (picks only)
Monday October 18 – Monday November 15

List Lodgement 1
Friday October 29

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Wednesday November 3 (9am) – Tuesday November 9 (5pm)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
Wednesday November 10 (2pm)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
Thursday November 11 (9am) – Monday November 15 (5pm)

Draft Nominations Due
Wednesday November 17 (3pm)

Pre-Season Commences (First to fourth year players)
Monday November 22

National Draft
Round 1: Wednesday November 24 (7pm)
Round 2–end: Thursday November 25 (7pm)

Rookie Upgrade Period
Thursday November 25 (10pm) - Thursday November 25 (11pm)

Delisted Free Agency Window 3
Thursday November 25 (10pm) - Thursday November 25 (11pm)

Pre-Selected Rookie Nominations Due (Includes Academy, Father/Son)
Friday November 26 (12pm) - Friday November 26 (12.30pm)

Preseason Draft
Friday November 26 (3pm)

Pre-Selected Rookie Notification
Friday November 26 (3.15pm)

Rookie Draft
Friday November 26 (3.20pm)

Final List Lodgement
Monday November 29 (4pm)

Pre-Season Commences (All other players)
Monday December 6

Pre-Season Supplemental Selection Period (SSP)
December - March (tbc)
Current Contract Status
2021 Draft Watch
Father/Son and NGA
Adrian Dodoro

Last edited:
So clubs who do it once or twice should get less criticism than Essendon doing it once or twice?

Got it.
Lol.

So if you want to get super technical, I named 3 instances not once or twice and you named one instance, not once or twice.

What exactly are you disputing? That Dodoro doesn't drag out trades to try and get the best possible price for us? It's his job, I'm more than happy for him to do it.

As a starting point? Maybe. You can't play out a negotiation before the negotiation though.
I don't think that was their starting point.

I'm confident we knew going into the Dunkley trade we knew they'd want 2 firsts and we never had any intention of paying it. The right outcome happened but we shouldn't have got into his ear knowing we'd not stump up 2 firsts.

Just my opinion of course. :)

Lol.

So if you want to get super technical, I named 3 instances not once or twice and you named one instance, not once or twice.

What exactly are you disputing? That Dodoro doesn't drag out trades to try and get the best possible price for us? It's his job, I'm more than happy for him to do it.

This is where it started:

What I think is more likely is that Conners managed player will no longer be targets for Essendon and it wont be our choice.

That was what I was disputing.

Hill appears to be the same management group who also butchered the Lobb (non) trade, so I wouldn't say it necessarily reflects a whole lot on anyone at this point.

So long as we offer fair value, I don't see it reflecting anything about anything.

Shiel got done, despite the parameters surrounding the trade drastically shifting from when we first began discussions with him. Dunkley we offered reasonable value for the player he was, and both clubs were probably better off that it didn't get done, though the three-way trade mooted with Collingwood would probably have been better off for the Dogs than the non-trade.

This is where it started:

That was what I was disputing.

Hill appears to be the same management group who also butchered the Lobb (non) trade, so I wouldn't say it necessarily reflects a whole lot on anyone at this point.

So long as we offer fair value, I don't see it reflecting anything about anything.

Shiel got done, despite the parameters surrounding the trade drastically shifting from when we first began discussions with him. Dunkley we offered reasonable value for the player he was, and both clubs were probably better off that it didn't get done.
I didn't read any of that.

So for me it started:

Amazing how Carlton don't get heat for not getting Papley done. Adelaide for Gibbs. GWS for Lobb. etc...

And I was just pointing out that they, seemingly, don't have multiple deals that have drawn out/not happened. We do.

Hence the extra pressure on us. Its not bad, I don't care if the media heaps pressure on us to fold in trade deals. We should do the best deal possible for us, if that ends up being to walk away then do that. But its pretty obvious, in my opinion, why we get more pressure than other clubs.

Edit: And I think Adelaide is getting some heat this time around for drawing out Dawson aren't they? We'll always get more heat than them because the AFL media is VIC BIAS.

I honestly see nothing wrong with how Dodo goes about his work, It's all a part of negotiating/bargaining in my eyes.

Not to speak out of school, but I've had a few real estate dealings with Dod's - he's an absolute gun:

Respectful, direct, analytical yet resolute.

The media narrative against him is just to paint him in a certain light for clickbait.

Have we seen any evidence from within the AFL industry that players and managers refuse to deal with EFC? Which is what Bruno was implying.
Other than McCartney? 😂😉

No idea, I don't think anyone would though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shiel wouldn't have got done if he hadn't be overridden, Dunkley didn't happen and if Hill doesn't happen that'd be 3 instances of it not happening coz Dodoro won't stump up the picks.

I'm not saying he should fold and pay the prices being asked, but you can't deny he tries to win every trade. Which of course is his job, but we can't celebrate him for getting the best possible deal and then bemoan that his tactics get more heat than other clubs who do it once or twice.
Paid too much for Shiel
Would have paid too much for Dunkley
if we offer what McCartney wants then we pay too much for Hill

We are under no obligation to pay what another club wants, and another club is under no obligation to accept what we offer.

If Dodo doesn't like the deal I fully support him walking away from negotiations.

Paid too much for Shiel
Would have paid too much for Dunkley
if we offer what McCartney wants then we pay too much for Hill

We are under no obligation to pay what another club wants, and another club is under no obligation to accept what we offer.

If Dodo doesn't like the deal I fully support him walking away from negotiations.
I agree with all of that.

Even McCartney seems to deal with him according to the media reports regarding the Hill scenario.
3/3 strike rate
may take time to explore options, but that's his job.

Dunkley is the only one we've missed.
i did criticise at the time that seemed to commit hard to Dunkley but weren't ready to stump up a similar price we demanded for Daniher a year earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back