List Mgmt. 2021 Young Talent Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Johnson looks neat and tidy but the acceleration and burst speed of Goater does it for me. (If we’re just comparing those two)

I just look at what Petracca does and want a little bit of that at FFC

Like Goater, a lot but he is Vic Metro. Ugh well maybe not.

Johnson, is Mundy like, but could be the 1/4 back distributer like Cerra was.

Johnson won’t be the midfield bull, which his size suggests, but Pendlebury/Mundy laconic type yeh, I get that.

A criticism he has had is his lack of intensity, his foot skills are second to none.

Anyone find one draft source more reliable than others over the years ?
Just flicked though 4 or 5 including:
ESPN
Twomey
Draft Central
Fox Sports
Inner Sanctum

I know random events can have a knock on effect so predicting is impossible.

Looks like Andrew lands around our first picks.
Thoughts on him over Amiss as our forward option as they look like the most likely forward options ?

Might be possible to nab both but then Erasmus probably wouldn’t be there at 19 ?
JVR not looking likely unfortunately I wouldn’t think ?

Anyone find one draft source more reliable than others over the years ?
Just flicked though 4 or 5 including:
ESPN
Twomey
Draft Central
Fox Sports
Inner Sanctum

I know random events can have a knock on effect so predicting is impossible.

Looks like Andrew lands around our first picks.
Thoughts on him over Amiss as our forward option as they look like the most likely forward options ?

Might be possible to nab both but then Erasmus probably wouldn’t be there at 19 ?
JVR not looking likely unfortunately I wouldn’t think ?
In my eyes Andrew is the type of project player we need to be taking on at the moment. For me I'd ideally take best available mid (hopefully Erasmus) and Rachelle with 6 and 8, then maybe look at JVR or Goater with 19 hoping they're still on the board

👍👍
I’m feeling it with Andrew too 🤩
Those freaky genes don’t come around often .
Also will be Lobb replacement when he goes next year .

I’m gonna pass on Rachelle though , honestly think with time Henry , Freddy , Western could play that role . .

I’m taking Erasmus over Goater purely because WA

Would be happy with either JVR or Amiss .

2 tall forwards in one draft would surely keep even Salim happy ? 😉

Goater....wow..... agree we are seeing only highlights..and not seeing the knocks in it.. but have a feeling he will be the dark horse of this year
. Nik Cox was last year and jackson 2019. Twomey had both of them between 15 to 20 until.november then suddenly rise to top 10 and 5 respectively. Goater at the moment on same spot...15 to 20.. how is his forward ability?

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

👍👍

I’m gonna pass on Rachelle though , honestly think with time Henry , Freddy , Western could play that role . .

Would be happy with either JVR or Amiss

andrew won’t get passed GWS

👍👍

Would be happy with either JVR or Amiss .

If you look at B Fritsch highlights for the year, you will see not many goals from outside 50m.
Good in the air and the ground, if Amiss is projecting into that type of player it’s a no brainer for me.
We use Treacy, Tabs, as the tall targets with Amiss, Erasmus and the forward line starts to look productive.
Then the options really open up at that pick 19 or 22.
Best available at that range, etc, someone will definitely slide.
Maybe some of our favourites 😜
Add Clark, Brodie, Amiss, Erasmus and ? That’s a brilliant haul.

If you look at B Fritsch highlights for the year, you will see not many goals from outside 50m.
Good in the air and the ground, if Amiss is projecting into that type of player it’s a no brainer for me.
We use Treacy, Tabs, as the tall targets with Amiss, Erasmus and the forward line starts to look productive.
Yeh I like it 👍👍

You need your talls (and smalls) to be capable of long goals. We literally have Treacy who can kick 50m. Lobb too. Taberner, Schultz, Switta, Walters (not lately), Henry can’t. That’s a huge issue with our forward line too. Ruins connection. A 60m pass to the fat side is worth its weight in gold. That’s why I still love Crowden. The more long kickers we have the better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

andrew won’t get passed GWS
Good point
Also concerned with his slim frame , 70 kg is pretty light on to get pushed around by defenders .
Nik Cox 85kg by comparison.

Would be stoked to take both WA forwards.

And then if one of Sturt , JVR , Amiss or Treacy aren’t performing we can grab Andrew off GWS in a couple of years when he’s put some weight on 😆

I think Sturt, Treacy, Frederick and Mundy (on the run) can all carry the ball over from outside fifty.
Yes agree
Would rather see a moving , blocking cohort of small forwards who open up the inside 50 for key players .
But are then ready to pounce front and square if the ball comes to ground .
Accuracy within the AFL seems ( not saying it has ) to have gone down the toilet so I wouldn’t want to see a game plan reliant on kicks from 50m+ .

You need your talls (and smalls) to be capable of long goals. We literally have Treacy who can kick 50m. Lobb too. Taberner, Schultz, Switta, Walters (not lately), Henry can’t. That’s a huge issue with our forward line too. Ruins connection. A 60m pass to the fat side is worth its weight in gold. That’s why I still love Crowden. The more long kickers we have the better.
That’s where a power mid comes in handy. Erasmus? A Goater, Knevitt, East Perth boy😜

Must say the idea of yelling out “ Go the Goat “ or “ GOATER” is enticing .

But then again Erasmus has some biblical undertones to it but more like “ that dirty Erasmus!” ( cursed under the breath of the opposition as he delivers another perfect hit to Treacy. )

The highlights don't show much overhead stuff by Johnson- can he take a grab? Very impressed with Goater - he reminds me of a bit Will Brodie's pre draft highlights :think:.

The vibe of it suggests me to the top 6 will be Horne-Francis, Diacos, Callaghan, Hobbs, Darcy and Andrew. I think the pool we're taking the first of our two top 10 picks from are Gibcus, Ward, Rachelle, Erasmus. The next one will be them plus Amiss, Draper, Goater, Sonsie, Johnson, NWM, Sinn, Roberts plus maybe some testing bolters.
Again just the a feeling; given we have two picks I think it likely Ward is going to be one of them. Warm up the melt thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back