2021/2022 Bundesliga season - On beIN Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t believe there’s a Scottish and French thread and no German one yet!!

30466D27-00A6-497B-987B-B8E3C6D088EF.jpeg

Good start to the season Sat morning with the Gladbach Bayern draw. GB started well, Bayern took over until last 20 mins. Lots of alarms for that Bayern defence though, lost the ball numerous times and were too easily pierced a couple of times. GB didn’t take their chances. Bayern also seems light on for depth. Could this be the year another team steps up?

Dortmund, Leipzig and Gladbach expect to be main challengers.

Bad start to Furth overnight, they and Bochum and Bielefeld probably favourites for the drop. Augsburg also with bad defeat overnight and Cologne could be fighting out those bottom spots.

Glad you started it - my to-do list is long as an elephants dick... should be a ban for me for making excuses I know.

It's going to be an interesting season thats for sure, if nothing else, for the coaching merry-go-round. None of last years top 5 clubs kept their coach, and thats not a joke. Since 'Gladbach had a hissyfit and announced that Marco Rose was heading to Dortmund, it came out that Adi Hütter was leaving Eintracht Frankfurt to fill the hole left by Rose. Frankfurt needing a coach turned to Wolfsburg's Oliver Glasner to fill the void. To add to that, Hansi Flick had enough of FC Hollywood and took up the job every German outside of Munich had been hoping he would take - that of national trainer. This saw Bayern breaking the world record for a coach transfer fee, bringing in Julian 'Ratboy' Nagelsmann for a not so cool 20m euros. Of course, internal company promotions saw Jesse Marsch promoted to Red Bull East Germany's head staff trainer.

We've already seen a few fatalities in the first round of the DFB Pokal. 1860 Munich got past Darmstadt, Osbabrück put two past Bremen, some random team near Potsdam took out newly promoted Greuther Fürth, but most pleasingly, in one of the classic Derbys, Waldorf Mannheim took out Eintracht Frankfurt 2-0.

Just overnight the Haaland show continued - 2 goals and 3 assists against Frankfurt....this guy can do anything. Stay tuned for more

The second tier had started a couple of weeks ago and unlike last season where Karlsruhrer lost five if their first six, the Eurofighters have started the 2021/22 season in good form, currently sitting in third with two wins and a draw from their first three. This weekend we come up against Werder Bremen who are mid table in their first season in the second tier.

Bayern 0-5 up at the half against the third best team in Germany - and people expect Dortmund to compete for 34 match days against these guys. Just insanity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Predictions for Dortmund vs Bayern on Saturday night?
Same as the Supercup final at start of the season Bayern 3-1. They’ve been scratchy last couple of games but will get themselves up for this.

Leipzig have just lost against this time to Union…wonder how long Marsch has got with just 5 wins in 14 games ..not long I’d imagine

Another case of a clear penalty against Bayern not going to VAR - and a goal of ours incorrectly called offside. When will it ******* end.

To put this into perspective:

We get that penalty against Bayern and win 3-2, Mainz converts that penalty and draws 1-1 and we don’t have a goal incorrectly chalked off - then we’re on top, 2 points clear of Bayern. Because of two refs not checking with VAR - or VAR not doing their job - we’re 7 points behind.

The lack of interest in this comp on this forum is criminal

Anyway Leipzig continue with their revival under Tedesco. 19 points from 9 games after the Marsch nightmare. Hopefully Leeds aren’t serious about their interest in Marsch.

In fourth now and six teams separated by just three but think they’ll separate themselves from here

Gladbach’s Adi Hutter nightmare continues conceding six again. Two previous games without losses and some said they could be turning the corner ..assume the costly payout only thing holding back the sack.

Bochum the surprise of the season and at least Furth have improved after horrendous start

The lack of interest in this comp on this forum is criminal

Anyway Leipzig continue with their revival under Tedesco. 19 points from 9 games after the Marsch nightmare. Hopefully Leeds aren’t serious about their interest in Marsch.

In fourth now and six teams separated by just three but think they’ll separate themselves from here

Gladbach’s Adi Hutter nightmare continues conceding six again. Two previous games without losses and some said they could be turning the corner ..assume the costly payout only thing holding back the sack.

Bochum the surprise of the season and at least Furth have improved after horrendous start

Hard to get excited when I feel I’ve been writing the same stuff for the last 9 years :(

Bochum have been great. Predicted they would stay up… great for the city too. The missus is very happy.

Big fan of Tedesco. Just shows how much he got out of that group at Schalke

Interesting in 2nd Div with Darmstadt losing overnight we could see big chance of Schalke, Werder Bremen and Hamburg all coming up. Third place playoff could be very scary for Stuttgart/Bielefeld/Hertha

Interesting in 2nd Div with Darmstadt losing overnight we could see big chance of Schalke, Werder Bremen and Hamburg all coming up. Third place playoff could be very scary for Stuttgart/Bielefeld/Hertha

I’ve been fairly invested in Hamburg SV this year - my next door neighbour is their #9, and our kids are good friends. Two northern clubs back in the top league will be great as a Dortmund fan!

And confirmed Schalke and Werder Bremen straight back up. Hamburg to playoff against Hertha after Stuttgart’s injury time escape.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back