Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Giddey taking the next inbound play after committing the turnover shows he's got balls. He's not hesitant on his shot either, looks ugly af but he's hitting it a decent clip. Good signs from him. He's going to make a killing in the PnR, already has a nice combo with Favours
Favours understands Australian too

Simmons should be evaluated by the 76ers doctor and an NBA doctor to see if he legitimately has mental health issues. If its found that he is lying then suspend him further and deduct more money from his escrow account. Every tom dick and harry can see he exactly what hes doing. Its a sh*t move and terrible for the the movement.

Gary Lyon Vibes.

The northern hemisphere summer still incorporates August so well after Simmons choke in the series against Atlanta game 7 on June 20. No coincidence that this issue gets raised AFTER he was kicked put of practice and when the back issues were also used as an excuse to get out of training with no fines.

The mental health card being played at times during a bad public relations event is preying on people's emotions and about as low as it gets IMO. Now Simmons has an indefinite period of absence while still getting paid, basically exonorating him from any professional duties with the 76ers until he is traded, when low and behold he will have no problem training and playing with new teammates.

Bens the biggest bitch of them all.

Gary Lyon Vibes.

The northern hemisphere summer still incorporates August so well after Simmons choke in the series against Atlanta game 7 on June 20. No coincidence that this issue gets raised AFTER he was kicked put of practice and when the back issues were also used as an excuse to get out of training with no fines.

The mental health card being played at times during a bad public relations event is preying on people's emotions and about as low as it gets IMO. Now Simmons has an indefinite period of absence while still getting paid, basically exonorating him from any professional duties with the 76ers until he is traded, when low and behold he will have no problem training and playing with new teammates.

Bens the biggest b*tch of them all.

Believe what you want. I have always suspected their was something mentally was wrong with him. He missed 2 weeks last year for a virus but it was for his mental health. His sister has a mental illness as well.

The issue Bogut has is with his manager nothing else.

People are afraid to to accept they are mentally unwell due to the stigma attached to it. You don’t know if he’s anxious about playing for Philly again. He was ‘bullied’ pillar to post after their playoff exit. I remember his coach in the media asking for 3pt attempts per game after making one. He closed up and never attempted another one that season. I have said this many times, the reason for his lack of jumper is mental not his unwillingness to work on it.

His only mistake is not being open with his teammates. The reason why he was not open, he was afraid to acknowledge his mental health issue. This is the main reason why he wanted to leave and run away from the problem. Eventually, he will return to Philly and play when his mental demons are addressed.

Believe what you want. I have always suspected their was something mentally was wrong with him. He missed 2 weeks last year for a virus but it was for his mental health. His sister has a mental illness as well.

The issue Bogut has is with his manager nothing else.

People are afraid to to accept they are mentally unwell due to the stigma attached to it. You don’t know if he’s anxious about playing for Philly again. He was ‘bullied’ pillar to post after their playoff exit. I remember his coach in the media asking for 3pt attempts per game after making one. He closed up and never attempted another one that season. I have said this many times, the reason for his lack of jumper is mental not his unwillingness to work on it.

His only mistake is not being open with his teammates. The reason why he was not open, he was afraid to acknowledge his mental health issue. This is the main reason why he wanted to leave and run away from the problem. Eventually, he will return to Philly and play when his mental demons are addressed.
I have been critical of Ben but have no doubts he is telling the truth.

It has always seemed to be mental with him, he has been one of the biggest whipping boys in the NBA since he entered. It is not hard to imagine it has taken a toll on him.

It has always seemed to be mental with him, he has been one of the biggest whipping boys in the NBA since he entered. It is not hard to imagine it has taken a toll on him.
It's very odd to me how some people will spend the entire off-season bitching about Simmons' decisions and demeanor and attitude and say they don't want a headcase like him anywhere near the team they support, but then suddenly get all weird when the possibility is raised that his mental health might not be great.

It's very odd to me how some people will spend the entire off-season bitching about Simmons' decisions and demeanor and attitude and say they don't want a headcase like him anywhere near the team they support, but then suddenly get all weird when the possibility is raised that his mental health might not be great.
That and people arguing that him referring to mental health is a strategic lie taking advantage of a difficult illness where this kind of attitude is one of the primary reasons people with mental health issues don’t speak up when they should.

It's pretty obvious Simmons does have some Mental Health issues/problems. Got nothing to gain at all by lying about it.

You’re joking right? Lol

i could give you 180 million reasons…

Playing the mental health card means the Sixers can’t fine him as easily. Everyone saw this coming, be it a fake injury or the mental health card.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

for sure. Reckon if he can average around 10 a game it won't be long before he's starting and he'll be a chance for sure then
Realistically the starting line up for Philly will be

PG - Maxey
SG - Curry
SF - Green
PF - Harris
C - Embiid

The only spots he could play are SG/SF. Don't see him taking Curry's spot. That means he needs to beat out Green. Green shoots ~40% on threes. Thybulle around ~30% on way lower volume. Needs to get that up to 35% at least if wants to move Green out of the starting line up.

Realistically the starting line up for Philly will be

PG - Maxey
SG - Curry
SF - Green
PF - Harris
C - Embiid

The only spots he could play are SG/SF. Don't see him taking Curry's spot. That means he needs to beat out Green. Green shoots ~40% on threes. Thybulle around ~30% on way lower volume. Needs to get that up to 35% at least if wants to move Green out of the starting line up.
For sure, and currently the gap between the upgrade on Green he is defensively is far outweighed by the downgrade he is on Green offensively.
This is within his control to a degree though, and it seems he's taking more shots though so we'll see what happens.
He's in that limbo spot where getting more minutes will increase his offensive performance, but he isn't getting them because his offensive performance isn't good enough.

This probably the reason why he does not trust Philly rather using the players union. It is likely his manager is milking this but deep down Ben is struggling mentally. This is due various reasons such helicopter parenting as he does not know how to accept criticism. Bogut states Ben is a good lad to speak with but you need to get through 50 people to speak with him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back