Certified Legendary Thread 2 x Premiership Coach Chris Scott contracted to 2026 (aka the Chris Scott volumes

Remove this Banner Ad

We all love a good rumour, don’t we? Well here’s one that I’m reliably informed is more than just a rumour…

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but apparently Chris Scott and Matthew Scarlett had a full-on punch-up after the preliminary final.

This more-than-a-rumour comes courtesy of the uncle of a current GFC player, so make of it what you will. But it would explain a few things if true!
Doubt it, they all seemed chummy at the 2011 reunion.

I'd be astonished if either could fight at all to be honest.
I'd say they could. They are in an environment where there is controlled violence. Both are highly combative. It would natural to learn a few things here and there. And what they may lack in finesse, well they were once professional athletes who would still retain a measure of strength and coordination.

Scott was an animal. No fear at all in the way he played and went at opponents (who had known reputations like Hall, Carey and Gehrig etc). Having said that, Scarlett was always known to intimidate and at 6ft'4 and still in tip top shape for his age, Scarlo for the KO :thumbsu:

This one has way more potential.
Going through glass windows, rolling down stair wells.
Lappin grabs a frying pan and throws it to Scott who clocks him with it.
Scarlett's wife comes in, starts unbuttoning her shirt which distracts Scott for a second and Scarlo smashes a vase over his head.
Then Brad Scott jumps in.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scarlett's wife comes in, starts unbuttoning her shirt which distracts Scott for a second and Scarlo smashes a vase over his head.
I heard there was also a juggling midget in the room.

The thing that makes me laugh is the Irish tour where Scott, Lyon and Clarko were coaches. Imagine the poor bloke at the local pub who after Scotty bumped into them by accident and apologised called the table a pack of old Aussie *#%* and offered a fight.

Didn’t know he was talking to three psychos

As for everyone v Scott
I think Scott would win that fight eventually. Scarlo was tough sure but Scott has a screw lose and would enjoy being hit and keep coming back - not sure Scarlo has the depth of screw loose that our boy Scotty does

I don’t have many memories of Scarlett taking on blokes bigger then him. Scott on the other hand hit hamell from saints in the back of the head and when hamell threw an elbow and knocked his tooth out Scott seemed to enjoy it and just keep hitting him in the back of the head in marking contests

We all love a good rumour, don’t we? Well here’s one that I’m reliably informed is more than just a rumour…

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but apparently Chris Scott and Matthew Scarlett had a full-on punch-up after the preliminary final.

This more-than-a-rumour comes courtesy of the uncle of a current GFC player, so make of it what you will. But it would explain a few things if true!
Very unlikely. Scarlett had issues with Lloyd iirc, not CS.

The actual rumour was that he went to an exit interview and Scott wasn't even there.
On the way out after the interview he kicked a plastic chair.
Over the years though we've changed it to he smashed a chair over Scott's head etc.
Cause it's way better.

As long as the ref's back was turned.

The most dangerous man out of that group is Nigel Lappin. He’s still in peak condition and a monster grappler.

Does make you wonder which player today would have the courage to take on someone like Scarlett or Scott if they had lost their temper. Not sure I can envision Duncan, Guthrie or Blicavs taking one for the team. Maybe Tuohy would give it a go.

Very soft today.

Does make you wonder which player today would have the courage to take on someone like Scarlett or Scott if they had lost their temper. Not sure I can envision Duncan, Guthrie or Blicavs taking one for the team. Maybe Tuohy would give it a go.

Very soft today.
Bews, Tuohy, Hawkins, Selwood, Danger (he might be a nice guy, but pound for pound he’d be the strongest and most explosive).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back