Welcome Welcome to Richmond Pick 17 - Tom Brown

Remove this Banner Ad

We’ve lacked genuine leg speed and penetration off half back with Houli injured . Despite his ability though traffick and height he was the second fastest over 20mtrs . He is now most likely the quickest player upon our list and hopefully his evasiveness and speed = faster and cleaner entries into our forward line which we sucked at this year .
If Rioli continues down back too that's some speed in defence and Mansell isn't too slack either.

Welcome Tom.

If you need to go back that far.... then we don't leak

Surprised we picked up Brown. Maybe it's a result of smoking too many cones back in the day but by picking 2 defenders with our first picks Gibcus fair enough sounds great but Brown also when we're pretty solid down back. My interpretation is the club thinks Miller is a sh!t fish and only got one meagre game because they don't really rate him. Also Gibcus and Tarrant allow Balta to go up the ground. Also we didn't pick a mid because Tom Green is coming next year....... Tom Green and Tom Brown sounds good.
Brown is a mid sized defender, he's not going to be taking the spot of Tarrant, Grimes or even Broad.
Possible that we think Gibcus can play forward as well
Don't think it has anything to do with not rating Miller, just taking the best players we rated at the time our picks came up

That's bad luck for him .
I was commenting on his football career at Geelong.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I‘m sure you’d even like to take that comment back. He played 84 games at the highest level, at a high level. Later involved in one of the worst sliding door moments you could ever imagine. And it was truly horrible. I wish the Brown’s nothing but the best.

I know we needed mids people but quality defenders is where the game is headed with the stand rule, we have an ageing defense bar Noah balta and lack depth badly down back. Like every pick in the draft, time will tell
Are you telling me the stand rule is here to stay? *

He’s a very good player. We picked him for a reason.

We will bolster the midfield then get a FA or trade done next year to get the Nona fide gun.

Means one thing.
Tom Green is already @ Punt Road Oval.

Surprised we picked up Brown. Maybe it's a result of smoking too many cones back in the day but by picking 2 defenders with our first picks Gibcus fair enough sounds great but Brown also when we're pretty solid down back. My interpretation is the club thinks Miller is a sh!t fish and only got one meagre game because they don't really rate him. Also Gibcus and Tarrant allow Balta to go up the ground. Also we didn't pick a mid because Tom Green is coming next year....... Tom Green and Tom Brown sounds good.

I think you blokes are on the money but maybe wishful thinking that it will be Green. I think the writing is on the wall re: a trade come 12 months time. These things are done 12 months out so no doubt they've probably already been given the nod from whoever it is.

If Tom Brown was a target likely could have gotten him with our r2 picks as well
Wouldn't have made out of the first round with Sydney and Melbourne linked to him with picks 18 and 19.

PICK 18 — SYDNEY SWANS: TOM BROWN

Position:
General defender

Size: 186cm, 77kg

Club: Murray Bushrangers/Mooroopna/Geelong Grammar/Vic Country

AFL player comparison: Bailey Dale

An exciting defensive prospect that can not only intercept but also use natural speed, agility and composure to burst away from congestion and break the game open. Brown was ranked among the top 10 NAB League players in both intercept possessions and intercept marks this year as he displayed great overhead marking confidence close to his defensive goal. The Cats will be disappointed injury restricted Brown’s father Paul to just 84 games during the 1990s, because his son would’ve been a terrific father-son selection for the club. Geelong has ample second-round picks, but Brown is set to be snapped up on the first draft night, with Melbourne and Brisbane also keen on him.

Tom Brown
POS:
Defender
Ht 186cm, Wt 77kg, DOB 30/7/03
From Murray Bushrangers/Vic Country

Brown combines power, speed, footy smarts and composure to be a promising prospect across half-back. He reads the ball well in the air and is comfortable using his leap to go for marks, and he distributes the ball without too much fuss as well. The son of former Geelong player Paul and brother of Cats AFLW player Millie, Brown isn't eligible to join the Cats as a father-son pick. The Swans have had a look at Brown and could pull the trigger.

If not him? Wingman/forward Blake Howes could be a shot, as may Sam Butler. If still on the board Darcy Wilmot will be a contender for the Swans' pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With our midfield post Cotchin he'll get plenty of practice

Okay, so RCD, Ross, Bolton, Baker, Graham, Cumberland and Dow are no good already. Good to know.

Last edited:
You're telling me Broad is an elite kick? Gonna sell me some snake oil while you're at it?

He's a reliable kick, which DE proves, not elite.

Brown has been described as an excellent kick. Hence my post

Yeah, you obviously don't watch many games or reckon 80% plus is any good. My apologies.

maybe we picked this young man because
Murray Bushrangers talent Tom Brown is an exciting prospect who possess “mercurial-type ability” through traffic, according to Kevin Sheehan.
“This kid has got some mercurial-type ability through traffic.
“When he comes off half-back or plays half-forward, he just steps through them as if they’re not there at times.
“He’s got great speed, breaks away on many, many occasions as well.”
just saying :)

Nah bullshit, our board knows more. How many premiership players have the tigers drafted in the last 10 years? Blair should take more notice of our knowledge and expertise on the matter.

Quality selection. He’s a genuinely good kid who has tremendous focus and want to improve, unreal pace and power in the way he plays, high caliber footy smarts and only behind Wanganeen Milera for kicking skills. Nice size too and I see him as a damaging defender or wingman. A modern game player, Tom will fit into our list very well.

The pick is a beauty as far as I am concerned.

Wouldn't have made out of the first round with Sydney and Melbourne linked to him with picks 18 and 19.

PICK 18 — SYDNEY SWANS: TOM BROWN

Position:
General defender

Size: 186cm, 77kg

Club: Murray Bushrangers/Mooroopna/Geelong Grammar/Vic Country

AFL player comparison: Bailey Dale

An exciting defensive prospect that can not only intercept but also use natural speed, agility and composure to burst away from congestion and break the game open. Brown was ranked among the top 10 NAB League players in both intercept possessions and intercept marks this year as he displayed great overhead marking confidence close to his defensive goal. The Cats will be disappointed injury restricted Brown’s father Paul to just 84 games during the 1990s, because his son would’ve been a terrific father-son selection for the club. Geelong has ample second-round picks, but Brown is set to be snapped up on the first draft night, with Melbourne and Brisbane also keen on him.

Tom Brown
POS:
Defender
Ht 186cm, Wt 77kg, DOB 30/7/03
From Murray Bushrangers/Vic Country

Brown combines power, speed, footy smarts and composure to be a promising prospect across half-back. He reads the ball well in the air and is comfortable using his leap to go for marks, and he distributes the ball without too much fuss as well. The son of former Geelong player Paul and brother of Cats AFLW player Millie, Brown isn't eligible to join the Cats as a father-son pick. The Swans have had a look at Brown and could pull the trigger.

If not him? Wingman/forward Blake Howes could be a shot, as may Sam Butler. If still on the board Darcy Wilmot will be a contender for the Swans' pick.

I like how the profile labels him as a defender. Just means we have stronger cattle in defence especially if Stack goes forward and Balta drifts up

A top 20 pick gets taken in the top 20 and people melt. We have some ******* idiots in here. Seriously. Go * off and support a better run/successful club like Geelong or something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back