List Mgmt. National & Rookie Draft 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you didn't have Wines, but I did.

He is a genuine A grade player.

If you dont think he currently is then clearly you're just too hard of a marker.

I think there are more than 5 A grade mids in the comp. Maybe not all of them are as elite as Dusty or Danger in his prime but they are still A grade mids.

I'd say there are A graders (top 50 type players) then absolute elite which would be top 10 types. There are plenty of A graders probably most sides have 2 at least.

maybe we can turn this into the pre season supplementary picks thread given we have list spots free on the senior and rookie list?

i wonder what our needs are now?
I was going to say a truck full of sleepers to put me in an induced coma til maybe February or at least the beginning of the AFLW season whenever that is....but reading this thread should do that quite nicely now ! Do I have to post an emoji? You know its the truth! Oh excuse me, that was unintended just can't stop yawning!

maybe we can turn this into the pre season supplementary picks thread given we have list spots free on the senior and rookie list?

I still think we need a mature key defender but it's probably unlikely now.

We seem to have a few options there but none I'm entirely confident with if Howard goes down and it might be hard now to find someone that fits that category.

Outside of that I'm fairly happy with how our depth looks in each area.

Maybe we could do with some more depth in the small forward department but I'd like to see our draftees fill that role if it comes up.

We seem to have a few options there but none I'm entirely confident with if Howard goes down and it might be hard now to find someone that fits that category.

Maybe we could do with some more depth in the small forward department but I'd like to see our draftees fill that role if it comes up.

i wonder if Naish will train with us?

Tried to find this info the other day and did a little digging around. As far as I can tell it's a clean slate. 👍
I can tell you i will not be starting the 2022 injury thread . i put the 2021 injury thread up and look what happened.

Me and some mates did a list review on the drive to Adelaide for a boys trip a few years back.

2 of us got a vote and only a very select few were what we called "3 Star A Graders".

I think Dusty and co are probably 3 star. Steele and co are 2 star and then others might be 1 star.

Not all A graders are equal.
Should we have A+ Grade be a thing? Pretty much solves this entirely

Maybe stay on the South Australian wagon & give Jarrod Lienert a year with triggers for a 2nd, would give young Oscar Adams a bit of time to find his feet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elon Musk > Cotchin
Exhibit A

EeX8Lgb.jpg

Our second best is about viney ability. Oliver is better than our best or certainly no worse then they have petracca. They can afford to play brayshaw as tagging wingman. Also part of the midfield is also the ruckman and as good as ours are again the dees are better. There is a huge gap at the moment between our midfield and theirs. It changes if gresh and Clark can get to A grade ability.
It changes if Gresh, Clark, Jones can actually get on the park

Man you guys sure know how to argue without actually disagreeing with each other.
Pretty simple.
If your scale goes from A to C, Cotchin is definitely A-grade.
George's scale probably goes to Z, or uses the Greek alphabet or something.
If your scale goes past E, I'd say Cotch drops to B.

I think in a lot of people's minds, it'd go something like champions/superstars > stars > all other A graders > Grey area A/B graders > and so on...

But anyway, if you sorted out your bloody scales and alphabets first the conversation probably would have been finished 20 pages ago.

They've got this weird grading system over here - an S tops everything else. Maybe we can say that Cotch is A grade, but Dusty is S. Newcomers to the forum will really appreciate it.

Once upon a time, I would have railed against this type of post. Nowdays I think it is refreshing that someone has the willingness to call a draftee knowing full well they may be wrong, which is OK as predicting football is the art of getting things wrong.

I agree three making it would be about right in the long run. Which three is a bit more difficult to know.

We draft underdeveloped 18 y.o's on potential. We don't know for years really. Its why the likes of Wilkie, Highmore and Sharman can have such an impact, a bit older a bit more experience, a bit more physically developed.
After seeing NWM 5 minutes of highlights and therefore an expert, disagree his decision making is slow. Thought his decision making was anything but in close, as well as that he seems to read the paly well and runs to where the opposition isn't so time in those circumstances wont be an issue.

Anywhoo good effort. Make sure to come back in 3 or four years when NMW and Peris are stars and the likes of me can bag you for your post ;)
Agree - I don't think his decision making is slow at all. Have a look at the 0.15 second mark of this vid and watch how quickly he recognises that his team mate will win the ball and moves to an attacking position and then how quickly he disposes of the ball after he takes posssession.

Butler , Higgins, Gresh even Billings or Byrnes can play the small forward role , How many smalls do you want ?

Butler , Higgins, Gresh even Billings or Byrnes can play the small forward role , How many smalls do you want ?
Well Billings has been a wingman for the last 4 or so years and Byrnes is more of a high half forward that will be looking to move into the midfield eventually.

And as I said in my post I'd prefer the draftees to fill thar role if it comes up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back