The AA team so far this season

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see Lewis and Sewell getting credit for their excellent starts to the season. They would be battling for top spot in our B&F to date. As a rule, taggers like Sewell don't make AA sides but his form to date is hard to ignore. Lewis has really stepped up as a key midfielder so far this year, important given Hodge's slow start to the year and Mitchell's quiet one on the weekend.

How bout Lade as the AA Ruckman? If you saw his taps on the weekend and the previous 3 games, they have been amazing and he is racking up possessions and goals as well. Why isn't he the AA Ruckman so far? And Shaun Burgoyne and Robert Harvey? Should easily make the team.
Hasnt played enough games AS a ruckman - they were using Brogan mainly for the ruck work in the other games, but Lade never lost his great ability - if he had played as no. 1 ruckman in all the games I would agree by not atm

Would look like

FB: T.Kennelly D.Glass B.Sewell
CHB: D.Fletcher C.Cornes A.McLeod
C: S.Thompson C.Judd J.Bartel
CHF: R.O Keefe S.Lucas G.Ablett
FF M.Pavlich M.Lloyd B.Johnson
R: H.McIntosh D.Kerr S.Black
I/C: N.Malceski D.Wirrpanda A.Sandilands J.Lewis

Scott West VERY unlucky
Not after 1 great game and the rest fairly lacklustre

McIntosh is the best ruckman so far this year. No arguments.

Smashed Fraser, took the points against Lade and Brogan (Lade was terrible), was good against an admittedly average pair in Campbell and Taylor and absoluteley carved Charman and Wood. Has only had part time help and has had more posessions this year than any ruckman in the AFL.

Brent Harvey would be in the side, too.

Not much competition for the small forward role. Its either him or no one. Davey Farmer Davis etc all been unanimous through injury/suspension
Ebert's been playing well - but yes going over everything Jonno's best choice

How bout Lade as the AA Ruckman? If you saw his taps on the weekend and the previous 3 games, they have been amazing and he is racking up possessions and goals as well. Why isn't he the AA Ruckman so far? And Shaun Burgoyne and Robert Harvey? Should easily make the team.

His game on the weekend was very good, and 34 hitouts is pretty freakish, but has to do more around the ground.

Had 3 possessions vs North, and when we are only talking about the first four games that has to count.

Rutten - Lloyd (Didnt really negate his impact), Macdougall(midfield ruined all of his chances to kick goals + what do you expect), Tredders (Back from injury) and Hall

Glass - Hall (Cancel each other out), Pav (Destroyed by Glass), Rocca (Played up field, and dragged Glass up there - wasnt really playing a FB in the game) and Fevola (Who kicked 1 goal when Glass want on the field)

Glass has been on harder opponents imo

But quite comparable
Wasn't exactly a good day for full-forwards yesterday. Shocking weather earlier and then Fev was starved of oppotunities late.

Have a look at your full-forward, he dominated in the conditions didn't he? :rolleyes:

Wasn't exactly a good day for full-forwards yesterday. Shocking weather earlier and then Fev was starved of oppotunities late.

Have a look at your full-forward, he dominated in the conditions didn't he? :rolleyes:

19 kicks 8 marks 4 behinds and Ash Hansen with 4 goals. Wasnt too bad of a day

Ebert has been good with 13 goals, and as a small forward, shouldn't he be in the team? Brilliant stuff by him.

brent harvey has had all four games over 20 touches and 3 over 25. 2 goals 3 times and 4 once.
Wells has 3 games 20 plus with a few goals.
Mcintosh, form ruckman of the comp although hard to go past sandilands.

From that bunch Harvey is a definate and probably the only roos player impartial judges would have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was barely playing full foward mate - all around the ground

And he should have at least gotten 2-2

anyway the rain was gone by half time and I would expect Fevola to be able to produce something great when everyone talks him up so much (No doubt he is a great player though)

Hey I like Rutten and the Crows, just OBVIOUSLY i rate Glass higher when they have both been about the same (Bias of course) Shouldnt really even count what we think in the matter because of course were gonna pick our own team most of the time

BTW its not fair to talk about Lynch in that way.... Hes crap half the time in good weather :D

19 kicks 8 marks 4 behinds and Ash Hansen with 4 goals. Wasnt too bad of a day
Ohhh my mistake, Lynch had a some possessions and thats the aim of the full-forward isn't it?

Its all about possessions, not goals.

Hansen had 3 possessions the other week, so one good game and suddenly he is AA? Lynch is hopeless, can't kick to save his own life.

Wirrpanda should be there as a forward, has been Eagles best forward brilliant stuff Wirra!

Ohhh my mistake, Lynch had a some possessions and thats the aim of the full-forward isn't it?

Its all about possessions, not goals.

If your not gonna kick goals then yes. Id much rather get 20 possssions thern 5 possessions and 1 goal

How the hell is McIntosh better than Sandilands?

Disposals:
McIntosh - 65
Sandilands - 60

Ok, 5 more touches. Not a big thing.

Marks
McIntosh - 16
Sandilands - 20

Same as Disposals, not a huge difference.

Goals
McIntosh - 1
Sandilands - 4

Sandilands has more goals. Good on him. Now fo the major difference.

Hitouts
McIntosh - 59
Sandilands - 118

Sandilands has almost double what McIntosh has.

If your not gonna kick goals then yes. Id much rather get 20 possssions thern 5 possessions and 1 goal
Yeah but he's in the side to kick goals correct?

You have plenty of other stars who can rack up 20 possies a week/

How the hell is McIntosh better than Sandilands?

Disposals:
McIntosh - 65
Sandilands - 60

Ok, 5 more touches. Not a big thing.

Marks
McIntosh - 16
Sandilands - 20

Same as Disposals, not a huge difference.

Goals
McIntosh - 1
Sandilands - 4

Sandilands has more goals. Good on him. Now fo the major difference.

Hitouts
McIntosh - 59
Sandilands - 118

Sandilands has almost double what McIntosh has.

Sandilands rucks by himself plus McIntosh taps are much more effective I feel. Difference is they do have the same amount of disposal but McIntoshs disposal by foot is pure class and ALOT better then Sandilands.

Yeah but he's in the side to kick goals correct?

You have plenty of other stars who can rack up 20 possies a week/
Lynch set up a good 3 or 4 so he sort of DID kick some goals for us ;)

BTW im just kidding, no one has really rated Lynch or Hansen with the good forwards

Would look like

FB: T.Kennelly D.Glass B.Sewell
CHB: D.Fletcher C.Cornes A.McLeod
C: S.Thompson C.Judd J.Bartel
CHF: B Franklin S.Lucas G.Ablett
FF M.Pavlich M.Lloyd B.Johnson
R: D Jolly D.Kerr S.Black
I/C: N.Malceski D.Wirrpanda A.Sandilands J.Lewis

Scott West VERY unlucky

Not bad Coxy, mine only chnages in BOLD....:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back