The pressure on the WA government to relax it's rigid border rules

Do you agree with the rigid border rules or do you agree there is room for flexibility?

• Yes border rules are keeping WA safe

Votes: 45 53.6%
  • No there needs to be flexibility

Votes: 39 46.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Please Power Raid, don't trivialise Covid mate! Everything you said is correct and we do need education and "correct" parenting (maybe less focus on making doe and more on their offspring?) but Covid is not a "blip" mate. It is horrendous and should never ever have been allowed to permeate our society and now that it's here, please don't trivialise it.

I don't mean to come across as trivalising covid, as I appreciate people are dying. Rather I was calling out the statements presented.

Your attempt to portray Covid as not all that much out of the ordinary is, with all due respect, quite laughable.

Driving cars pissed, driving cars quickly, and tragically, suicides as well as diabetes are symptomatic of human actions! For f**k's sake, what is it with people like you. Geez you fall for all the monstrous propaganda from those suffering from gold fever!

People die from influenza because it IS endemic and has been so for a very, very long time however, it's death toll too could be greatly reduced if people did get inoculated and showed a bit of discipline and civic responsibility by not going to work or hanging around in bars and nightclubs or shopping malls when they have the flu; as can be seen by the fact that we did not loose a single life to influenza last year because people curtailed their movements and maintained good hygiene practices due to the outbreak of Covid.

You also completely ignore the fact that 25% of those who contract Covid-19 suffer from long term and even for-life medical problems like scaring of the lungs and heart, heart conditions, lung conditions, chronic fatigue symptoms etc etc, if that is, they don't die from something that should never ever, have infected them if it was not for the sake of unbridled capitalism and the filth that it engenders.

Stop with trying to downplay the loss of life due to SARS-CoV-2 - it is disgraceful!

Now if you'll excuse me, it's back to trying to clean up as much of the mess that the c***s Morrison, Marshall etc have created and who have been cheered on every step of the way by ignorant f**k wits who spout irrelevant as well as conspiracy laden bull sh*t.

would you support banning alcohol, banning smokes, banning fast food and mandating morning exercise?

1) most preventable deaths are lifestyle choices and intergenerational, handed down from poor parenting. That might not be contagious but nevertheless passes from person to person.

2) there are long term health issues after influenza including damage to the lungs

3) preventable deaths and health events cost our economy billions. $67B and 20,000 years in lost years of life for booze and $137B for smokes and 20,000 premature deaths. It would be interesting to see the impact of sugar, fast food and not exercising.

4) our hospitals and health system are filled with heart disease, cancer, diabetes and hyper tension with much of this a result of lifestyle.

covis is a blip compared to the real issue of lifestyle. Further it would be interesting to see the mortality rate of covid and lifestyle
Covid is a blip in australia because its been managed well - in america by the end of covid 1 in every 350 americans will have died from it in a couple of years.

Yep, that comment is 1000% false. I was literally just there and spent time in Hobart and Launceston. Aside from having to check in sometimes (very relaxed about it) there was nothing that would point to anything other normality.

A handful of the same people whinging over and over again and media running with hysteria is absolutely not reflective of what is happening there or any other state (three of) I've visited in the past month.

Spot on! Whilst your post has been derogatorily derided as an "anecdote", I get the sense that many in WA, including their leaders, rely on anecdotes and are too fearful.

Objectively speaking, there are currently 28 cases with Covid in hospitals and they've had 3 deaths in this entire wave which is now on a sharp decline.

For me a "s**t show" in Tassie would be hospitals at breaking point, ambos unable to rescue people, more people needing ventilators than there is supply, funeral parlours overloaded, mass graves....just like what we was in the actual s**t shows, like in Milan, NYC, India etc. relatively recently.

But it's an objectively false claim. For me, I care that the borders are still shut to WA because I know some people who need to get over here and/or get home due to family illnesses. But I can wear the decision by WA's leaders and their supporters, IF the narrative behind our current situation in the east wasn't as batshit crazy false as most anti-vax conspiracy nut claims!

You have sfa resources businesses compared to here - funking laughable - wa is a giant quarry mate - thousands of pits one after the other.

There are currently over 1000 active mines in wa. We produce over 10% of the worlds resources in each of 5 different categories.

Oh and if you want to see corollary to wa - look at brasil. Then look at what covid did to it.

And here in lay the problem...it's only seen as an economic problem rather than a health and social problem.

When people start to put people ahead of profits we might actually move forward..until then, good luck on this merry go round.

And if people can't survive financially for a few weeks because they catch covid then what does that say about the individual?

Such a selfish and pathetic attitude.

Spot on! Whilst your post has been derogatorily derided as an "anecdote", I get the sense that many in WA, including their leaders, rely on anecdotes and are too fearful.

Objectively speaking, there are currently 28 cases with Covid in hospitals and they've had 3 deaths in this entire wave which is now on a sharp decline.

For me a "sh*t show" in Tassie would be hospitals at breaking point, ambos unable to rescue people, more people needing ventilators than there is supply, funeral parlours overloaded, mass graves....just like what we was in the actual sh*t shows, like in Milan, NYC, India etc. relatively recently.

But it's an objectively false claim. For me, I care that the borders are still shut to WA because I know some people who need to get over here and/or get home due to family illnesses. But I can wear the decision by WA's leaders and their supporters, IF the narrative behind our current situation in the east wasn't as batshit crazy false as most anti-vax conspiracy nut claims!
What utter horse s**t. He & you were given first hand reasons why the healthcare System down there is in such terrible shape which has been exacerbated due to covid with first hand experiences and links to back up the other issues. But because he did a few ******* days walking around some shops it’s all cool. Mum & the old man were supposed to have the nurse come out yesterday for a review. Didn’t show. Why? *en covid. You dip s**t.

And here in lay the problem...it's only seen as an economic problem rather than a health and social problem.

When people start to put people ahead of profits we might actually move forward..until then, good luck on this merry go round.

And if people can't survive financially for a few weeks because they catch covid then what does that say about the individual?

Such a selfish and pathetic attitude.
Right

So the fact that wa has zero covid deaths must be a huge plus for you right?

The best performing economy in the world AND the lowest covid deaths.

Oh dear - hoist atop your own petard sir.

What utter horse sh*t. He & you were given first hand reasons why the healthcare System down there is in such terrible shape which has been exacerbated due to covid with first hand experiences and links to back up the other issues.

Long term elective surgery delays in Tassie isn't relevant to the current outbreak, which could only be described as a "s**t show" if Tassie couldn't cope with the current short term problem. It's about as relevant as our poor pandemic set up and lack of change that was overseen by Andrews as health minister in 2009; all that matters is what can be done now do deal with a month and a bit surge in cases.

And Tassie is coping. If they weren't, then Gutwein and his team have shown no fear in making changes in favour of hospitals, or putting restrictions on the public and they have not done so. They haven't even flagged this in a presser as a possibility.

Instead, the public are out and about deleting four packs of beer on the hill at Bellerive Oval for Ashes tests, while you all stand in front of an empty Optus Stadium arguing about how big a "s**t show" it is for us over here.

Long term elective surgery delays in Tassie isn't relevant to the current outbreak, which could only be described as a "sh*t show" if Tassie couldn't cope with the current short term problem. It's about as relevant as our poor pandemic set up and lack of change that was overseen by Andrews as health minister in 2009; all that matters is what can be done now do deal with a month and a bit surge in cases.

And Tassie is coping. If they weren't, then Gutwein and his team have shown no fear in making changes in favour of hospitals, or putting restrictions on the public and they have not done so. They haven't even flagged this in a presser as a possibility.

Instead, the public are out and about deleting four packs of beer on the hill at Bellerive Oval for Ashes tests, while you all stand in front of an empty Optus Stadium arguing about how big a "sh*t show" it is for us over here.
Put up plenty of articles showing that you lot getting back to regular life is crippling the economy and sending small business broke.

And a poster earlier on pointed out that 1000 people over east have died of covid since the beginning of the year.

But yeah - you personally are doing fine - go you

Long term elective surgery delays in Tassie isn't relevant to the current outbreak, which could only be described as a "sh*t show" if Tassie couldn't cope with the current short term problem. It's about as relevant as our poor pandemic set up and lack of change that was overseen by Andrews as health minister in 2009; all that matters is what can be done now do deal with a month and a bit surge in cases.

Instead, the public are out and about deleting four packs of beer on the hill at Bellerive Oval for Ashes tests, while you all stand in front of an empty Optus Stadium arguing about how big a "sh*t show" it is for us over here.
Do you seriously think they’re going to say “yeh the healthcare system has issue which have been exacerbated by covid”. FMD. As most people that grew up down there would say “*en mainlanders”. It had issues before covid and it’s pretty obvious whether you know anything about Tassie or not you’d know covid is only going to exacerbate it. Imo Your talking s**t, you the know it, I know it and anyone that has to deal with healthcare system down there knows it. 😂😂😂you really threw in the hill. The *en hill at the cricket. The hill 😂😂😂

Put up plenty of articles showing that you lot getting back to regular life is crippling the economy and sending small business broke.

And a poster earlier on pointed out that 1000 people over east have died of covid since the beginning of the year.

But yeah - you personally are doing fine - go you
Had to throw in the hill at the cricket not realising covid hadnt began to hit the place until the middle of the test which effected attendances as put up in the Tassie thread wanting an AFL side. The hill 😂😂😂😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McGowan has had to react to the circumstance that he and WA has been confronted with due to Morrison and sadly, one of the things that has had to be sacrified is not being able to be with loved ones and friends - far better I suggset that not being with loved ones and friends forever

Don't do this, don't make it seem like people who are desperate to see their family in 2022 should just be grateful that they aren't dead. * this makes me so angry when I can't see my triple vaccinated mum for according to McGowan "an indefinite" amount of time and people just respond with "well at least she isn't dead!". I never called for the borders to come down during 2020 or even 2021, we are sitting here in one of the most vaccinated places in the world and apparently me wanting to see my Mum is selfish because well at least she isn't dead. * off with this bullshit.

Don't do this, don't make it seem like people who are desperate to see their family in 2022 should just be grateful that they aren't dead. fu** this makes me so angry when I can't see my triple vaccinated mum for according to McGowan "an indefinite" amount of time and people just respond with "well at least she isn't dead!". I never called for the borders to come down during 2020 or even 2021, we are sitting here in one of the most vaccinated places in the world and apparently me wanting to see my Mum is selfish because well at least she isn't dead. fu** off with this bullshit.
You can though as outlined yesterday in the link I provided. I booked my airfare this morning. I’ll see my interstate family at Easter.

You can though as outlined yesterday in the link I provided. I booked my airfare this morning. I’ll see my interstate family at Easter.
He’s listed a date? Can you provide that link again?

Edit: My point still stands. The comeback of “well at least they aren’t dead” is infuriating and frankly highly insensitive to the matter at hand. People need to stop with that pathetic comeback.

Covid is a blip in australia because its been managed well - in america by the end of covid 1 in every 350 americans will have died from it in a couple of years.

and with context and perspective, when the US hit 850k deaths from covid, influenza and pneumonia killed 780k in the same period. So yes it is still a blip on context to perennial killers and a blip compared to the biggest killers.

and it doesn't surprise me the death rate was so high given the yanks are overweight and their lifestyle choices leading to heart disease, diabetes, cancer and hypertension.

it seems your getting worked up about a disease that the median age of death from covid is higher than the median age of death. your worked up about a disease that has a similar death rate compared to ordinary diseases like pneumonia and influenza without vax and probably a 70-90% reduction in death with vax.

no one wants to get sick, no one wants to die but a bit of perspective is required and your welcome to be a hermit if that's what you choose. what is certain is you will get covid at some stage and probably multiple times regardless of your choice.

Your only choice that you can control, is living in fear or living life with a smile.

and with context and perspective, when the US hit 850k deaths from covid, influenza and pneumonia killed 780k in the same period. So yes it is still a blip on context to perennial killers and a blip compared to the biggest killers.

and it doesn't surprise me the death rate was so high given the yanks are overweight and their lifestyle choices leading to heart disease, diabetes, cancer and hypertension.

it seems your getting worked up about a disease that the median age of death from covid is higher than the median age of death. your worked up about a disease that has a similar death rate compared to ordinary diseases like pneumonia and influenza without vax and probably a 70-90% reduction in death with vax.

no one wants to get sick, no one wants to die but a bit of perspective is required and your welcome to be a hermit if that's what you choose. what is certain is you will get covid at some stage and probably multiple times regardless of your choice.

Your only choice that you can control, is living in fear or living life with a smile.
1) the trillions of dollars of economic costs

2) Id like a source for the pneumonia deaths

3) the trauma to medical staff of relentless cases

4) the people with regular injuries who couldnt get care because of exhausted medical staff or lack of beds

5) more than 3600 medical staff died of covid treating covid in the usa in the first 12 months - when has pneumonia or flus done that

False dichotomies are your middle name.

Last edited:
Don't do this, don't make it seem like people who are desperate to see their family in 2022 should just be grateful that they aren't dead. fu** this makes me so angry when I can't see my triple vaccinated mum for according to McGowan "an indefinite" amount of time and people just respond with "well at least she isn't dead!". I never called for the borders to come down during 2020 or even 2021, we are sitting here in one of the most vaccinated places in the world and apparently me wanting to see my Mum is selfish because well at least she isn't dead. fu** off with this bullshit.
Well 1000 people have died over east since the year started - it is actually a thing you know, you can ring your mum - you can facetime your mum - these people will never see those 1000 people again ever

You are inconvenienced.

Hey mate, fu** off.
You arent the only one with family interstate and overseas there special snowflake.

You are prepared to have people die so you can see someone in person rather than on video / phone call.

Before the year is out you will have seen your mum.

Those thousand people and counting - in this month will never see, hear or touch their loved ones again.

The tens of thousands that will suffer months or years or decades of long covid will be inconvenienced a damn sight more than you with your temporary inconvenience.

You arent the only one with family interstate and overseas there special snowflake.

You are prepared to have people die so you can see someone in person rather than on video / phone call.

Before the year is out you will have seen your mum.

Those thousand people and counting - in this month will never see, hear or touch their loved ones again.

The tens of thousands that will suffer months or years or decades of long covid will be inconvenienced a damn sight more than you with your temporary inconvenience.

Given COVID is in WA I hope you don't go near a single person given you could literally kill them at any stage. Don't be selfish mate.

You completely missed the point and just had to make a comeback that someone wanting to see family NOW in 2022 with triple vaccination should just be thankful that their family isn't dead. It's a disgusting way of thinking and it needs to stop.

Given COVID is in WA I hope you don't go near a single person given you could literally kill them at any stage. Don't be selfish mate.

You completely missed the point and just had to make a comeback that someone wanting to see family NOW in 2022 with triple vaccination should just be thankful that their family isn't dead. It's a disgusting way of thinking and it needs to stop.
If triple vaxx meant you cant carry covid then id agree - but you can.

So you are welcome to come home and self isolate.

And its only omicron in wa - not the far more lethal delta

Back