The pressure on the WA government to relax it's rigid border rules

Do you agree with the rigid border rules or do you agree there is room for flexibility?

• Yes border rules are keeping WA safe

Votes: 45 53.6%
  • No there needs to be flexibility

Votes: 39 46.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

S
O
U
R
C
E

Talks about reconciliation between feds and states. We’ve included all and everyone with COVID in the stats.

Anyone from WA watching the soccer in Melbourne on TV tonight? McGowan must be confused with a packed stadium full of people standing side by side and chanting.

Next on the cards are another two international teams playing in Sydney. Amazing.

Looks like a sell down. I mean lock out. I mean... s**t what are the words I am looking for? Must be lockdown!

Errrr, I am Tasmanian and my brother had birth defects with his left leg meaning we were in and out of the hospitals and the repatriation centre for a decade until we moved to the mainland. It's not the third-world system that you paint. Hobart alone could deal with the whopping 28 cases they have there.

As for the hill, that was meant to bring a bit of levity to the situation. Glad you liked it!
😂😂liked it😂😂more liked laughed at how rediculous it was.

Ah the repat. So you know tassies healthcare system has issues but you try to deny it still. Even with evidence of how covid has exacerbated issues down there. Even though you know as shown by links you’ll wait three times longer for elective surgery even without covid and as you should know because you spent so much time at the repat that elective surgery is anything but elective surgery. Truly pathetic. Don’t bother replying because I’m done with your utter bs.

😂😂liked it😂😂more liked laughed at how rediculous it was.

Ah the repat. So you know tassies healthcare system has issues but you try to deny it still. Even with evidence of how covid has exacerbated issues down there. Even though you know as shown by links you’ll wait three times longer for elective surgery even without covid and as you should know because you spent so much time at the repat that elective surgery is anything but elective surgery. Truly pathetic. Don’t bother replying because I’m done with your utter bs.
Rediculous spelling bro! How old are you??

My point is who ******* cares about the long term problems with health care right now? The only thing that matters is 'can you deal with the short term pain of the Omnicron outbreak?'. And Tasmania can, as evidenced by their handling of it and based on the decisions that they've made.

I know Royal Hobart and Launnie General hospitals like they back of my hand. They're good facilities. Some of you West Aussie dimwits make out like there's a tent city there and people dying in the streets. I'm pulling you up on your utter bullshit!!

Yet spending is lower than in lockdown

People were buying up in lockdown, because:

a) they were bored and overspent.
b) they stocked up because they didn't know how long the lockdown was going to last.
c) they overspent and stocked up because of availability doubts both real and perceived.
d) for some people, being locked down meant they actually got a substantial pay rise, with the introduction of JobKeeper and the temporary increase in JobSeeker.

When you're not locked down it's easier to just get what you want when you want it and from wherever you want.

How does every January compare to lockdown?

I imagine every year dry cleaners get less business in January as not a lot of people need their suits dry cleaned in summer, when they are on holidays.

A lot of people now work from home, I would think a dry cleaners would be stuffed.

A lot of people now work from home, I would think a dry cleaners would be stuffed.

Even after the madness returns to semi normal things wont go back. Companies have realised people dont need to wear suits and work in offices to do work. Which had been obvious to many companies but now is obvious to everyone.

Even after the madness returns to semi normal things wont go back. Companies have realised people dont need to wear suits and work in offices to do work. Which had been obvious to many companies but now is obvious to everyone.

Yep, why pay squillions for a lot of office space that you don't need to. A lot of things have changed and will change in the washup when this is all said and done.

My sister is in HR with Deakin Uni. She's been working from home for around 18 months, she will never go back to the bricks and mortar workplace fulltime. She has negotiated with them to go in one day per fortnight. She has a great set up at home and is much more productive without all of the continual interruptions that you get in a shared office environment.

And the cherry on top will be the east will have to wait a bit longer for those tourist dollars because the truth is that’s why most over east are desperate for WA to open up.

I think you've got that bit arse about. WA tourism operators want the border open because their businesses are dying without interstate and international tourists.

Theres a third choice. Slower spread by no letting a bunch of infected tourists in trying to see what it’s like to live like its 2019.

lol, at seeing what it's like to live in 2019, as if. Wait Awhile is at about 2012 at the moment.

You do realise that the original plan to open on 05 February had vaccination and testing requirements for interstate arrivals don't you?

The new revised one is really only applicable for WA residents and family members trying to get back in, some of them since July last year that he's had locked out. Tourists won't be allowed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a state that has shops open because we have staff to man them unlike your state who wanted a bunch of kids driving forklifts.

It’ll open when boosters are at the correct level. It’s called following the science. Keeps the place safe. Economy humming. No hospitals overwhelmed, life as normal as possible. Don’t do what nsw does.

Mining is humming, hospitals are overwhelmed without COVID.

Jesus. Hospitalisations and ICU rocketed up also. Funnily enough some people still think this booster is going to minimise new cases 🤣
Arent you supposed to be posting this in an antivaxx thread rather than a thread where you are trying to convince west australians to open the borders?

Thats the trouble with you lot - no critical thinking capability….

Arent you supposed to be posting this in an antivaxx thread rather than a thread where you are trying to convince west australians to open the borders?

Thats the trouble with you lot - no critical thinking capability….

I’m not anti-vax ya halfwit. Nor was it an anti-vax tweet.

Convincing Western Australia to open the borders? WE ARE ON BIGFOOTY. 🤣

cRiTiCaL FINkInG 🤪

I’m not anti-vax ya halfwit. Nor was it an anti-vax tweet.

Convincing Western Australia to open the borders? WE ARE ON BIGFOOTY. 🤣

cRiTiCaL FINkInG 🤪
You are telling us we need to open at the same time as telling us that the most vaccinated nation has the most cases……

Guessing you dont work in sales

You are telling us we need to open at the same time as telling us that the most vaccinated nation has the most cases……

Guessing you dont work in sales

It’s not a sales debate. It’s just a persons opinion. I’m not here to convince you to change your mind. You are loving life, so good for you. The quicker you realise people in the east aren’t going to give Mark McGowan a buzz to try convince him to open the border, the more relaxed you’ll feel. I don’t have his number, nobody does, so don’t stress. You have your opinion and I have mine and that’s where it ends.

The point was pretty obvious I’d say. That poster clearly sent that tweet to suggest it’s not going to drop or minimise cases. If the game plan is to get boostered to keep cases low, then you’ll be closed again before you know it. Sadly some in here still can’t comprehend that.

Last edited:
lol, at seeing what it's like to live in 2019, as if. Wait Awhile is at about 2012 at the moment.

You do realise that the original plan to open on 05 February had vaccination and testing requirements for interstate arrivals don't you?

The new revised one is really only applicable for WA residents and family members trying to get back in, some of them since July last year that he's had locked out. Tourists won't be allowed.
No s**t

Rediculous spelling bro! How old are you??

My point is who ******* cares about the long term problems with health care right now? The only thing that matters is 'can you deal with the short term pain of the Omnicron outbreak?'. And Tasmania can, as evidenced by their handling of it and based on the decisions that they've made.

I know Royal Hobart and Launnie General hospitals like they back of my hand. They're good facilities. Some of you West Aussie dimwits make out like there's a tent city there and people dying in the streets. I'm pulling you up on your utter bullshit!!
Keep spinning. Pulling up😂😂 The only thing you have done is rant. Never bringing any evidence to the table. “It is cause I say it is” bs mantra your pulling with your spin. Even business down there are also saying covid has hit them. * you talk s**t

And this bullshit about knowing the hospitals down there like the back of your hand and then try to say it’s all hunky dory. RHH couldn’t even care for my oldest son so had to be airlifted to the childrens hospital in Melbourne where he died. It’s always had issues and still has as provided in the links I’ve given. And lastly it’s Lonny not *en Launny. 😂😂😂it’s not your *en lawn halfwit.

Last edited:
Back