Rumour If the audio doing the rounds of Tom Morris is accurate his career at fox is over

Remove this Banner Ad

The amount of men weaponising stupidity to justify the objectification of women in this thread is laughable.

You cannot actually record yourself saying your closeted co-worker is a lesbian, has her "liquor license," and is "very good at it too." Morris was fired. That is the correct decision. A woman cannot be expected to work with a man who has drooled over her, outed her sexuality, and talked about her lesbianism in crass, jokey, and degrading terms. Every person deserves a safe workplace and the lady in question would no longer have that safe workplace if Morris continued to work at Fox.

Despite what you all pretend to think is okay, a woman being hot is no excuse to degrade her. Morris's comments were dehumanising. When you dehumanise a woman, you literally fail to see her as a human. Hence the word dehumanise. When you fail to see a woman as a human, you fail to take her work seriously or show her any empathy, care or kindness, like you are all doing now.

You all see Morris as a human, which is why you are all making excuses for him. You do not see his victim as a human, largely in part because women have been dehumanised your whole lives via the same sort of language Morris used to describe his co-worker. That is the issue.

It's really not hard to understand despite how stupid you fellas pretend to be.

Firstly, I don't like Tom Morris at all. He strikes me as a smug private school boy who's had everything handed to him. It's also worth noting that the female colleague in question is NOT closeted (read her own statement). However as she states she didn't appreciate he sexual preference being blasted in public which I completely understand.

Also at no stage did I say that Tom Morris didn't deserve to be fired or that he didn't make mistakes. Talking about the sexual skills of a co-worker is completely out of bounds. Having a recording of it that is circulated to thousands compounds that mistake.

The point that I made and continue to make was around the validity of discussing who you think is attractive or not at your workplace. I also believe it is not out of line to discuss the sexual preferences of people within your workplace. I believe you can have conversations around these two points without dehumanising or degrading.

Last edited:
The point that I made and continue to make was around the validity of discussing who you think is attractive or not at your workplace. I also believe it is not out of line to discuss the sexual preferences of people within your workplace. I believe you can have conversations around these two points without dehumanising or degrading.

The problem is it's not the same thing. I'd argue that he brought this up not because she's a random hottie he works with, he's brought it up as a scoop about another celebrity. This isn't just talking to your mates about a co-worker you have your eye on from the legal department, this is a person with a degree of fame herself. Someone whom your mates will feel compelled to then spread that bombshell with to more people. With anyone I work with, it'd stay with the circle, because it isn't newsworthy enough to share any further.

With Megan Barnard, of course someone's going to spread that gossip. I'd bet that the one who shared the recording wasn't the only one who spread that little bombshell. And that's the difference between what Tom Morris has done and if you or I were to replicate it. I'm sure Tom's work colleagues are now wondering what else he might have shared with 'the boys'.

The problem is it's not the same thing. I'd argue that he brought this up not because she's a random hottie he works with, he's brought it up as a scoop about another celebrity. This isn't just talking to your mates about a co-worker you have your eye on from the legal department, this is a person with a degree of fame herself. Someone whom your mates will feel compelled to then spread that bombshell with to more people. With anyone I work with, it'd stay with the circle, because it isn't newsworthy enough to share any further.

With Megan Barnard, of course someone's going to spread that gossip. I'd bet that the one who shared the recording wasn't the only one who spread that little bombshell. And that's the difference between what Tom Morris has done and if you or I were to replicate it. I'm sure Tom's work colleagues are now wondering what else he might have shared with 'the boys'.
This is incorrect. Tom was responding to screenshot of MB. In the video grab you can clearly see them asking him who she was.

This is incorrect. Tom was responding to screenshot of MB. In the video grab you can clearly see them asking him who she was.

OK. So they've googled her name afterwards or Tom Morris has sent a photo through. What was the other mate, Cunners, remarks? He was certainly a fan.

The mate who shared the recordings to whoever else it went to wouldn't have done so unless both parties were very much aware of who Megan Barnard was. There's literally no reason for him to send it on otherwise.

OK. So they've googled her name afterwards or Tom Morris has sent a photo through. What was the other mate, Cunners, remarks? He was certainly a fan.

The mate who shared the recordings to whoever else it went to wouldn't have done so unless both parties were very much aware of who Megan Barnard was. There's literally no reason for him to send it on otherwise.
Mate, have you ever considered a career with VICPOL or AFP ? Maybe ASIO. You seem to have a special understanding of what makes people tick.

Can you go to a private boys school and not be a complete w***er?

In saying that, if you take the worst thing anyone has said within a private circle and release it, we all would look bad

Can understand him getting the ass as Fox want to save face and he is easily replaceable but he's unfortunate it got leaked in 2022. Ted Whitten's rant was a lot worse and some people still look up to him

The irony in all of this is guys like Wayne Carey still have a media job along with Gary Lyon and quite a few others with dubious actions in their past.

Morris was just a pawn, the more important pieces get protected all the time. But the media is just a cess pool, very few clean skins.

Besides having a love for the devil's dandruff, what has Hairy Garry done?

If anyone has a well articulated counterpoint to this I'd be happy to hear it & learn.
Alright I'll do it.
The idea of discussing workmates sexual appeal and disclosing their sexual preference in crude and demeaning ways being a rampant happening is not a good reason to let this behaviour go without comment or consequence.
In fact, those who claim it is such a common occurance are highlighting that it is actually a much larger problem in the workplace than a reasonable person would find acceptable, and indicates such behaviours should be subjected to much stronger scrutiny and discussion than what is occurring.

Alright I'll do it.
The idea of discussing workmates sexual appeal and disclosing their sexual preference in crude and demeaning ways being a rampant happening is not a good reason to let this behaviour go without comment or consequence.
In fact, those who claim it is such a common occurance are highlighting that it is actually a much larger problem in the workplace than a reasonable person would find acceptable, and indicates such behaviours should be subjected to much stronger scrutiny and discussion than what is occurring.
Well said.

Can you go to a private boys school and not be a complete w***er?

In saying that, if you take the worst thing anyone has said within a private circle and release it, we all would look bad

Can understand him getting the ass as Fox want to save face and he is easily replaceable but he's unfortunate it got leaked in 2022. Ted Whitten's rant was a lot worse and some people still look up to him
Ted Whitten - another upstanding member of society.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What was this rant about? A lot of people these days would have never heard of it, was it covered in the newspapers/TV/radio at the time?

I don’t know of this specific rant but I was watching some of those year in reviews of the footy show from 1994, 95, 96 etc on youtube and I reckon applied today every single episode would have calls for cancelation. In fact Ted Whitten appears in one where he is mocking the players of that era and promotes drink driving and berates homosexuals. Sam Newman does it every 15 minutes. The audience is pretty much having a good laugh about it. Even when Sam does street talk and goes up to random women and says “aren’t you a fair piece turn around and show us your behind” - the audience is in stitches even the females.

it was a different world.

I don’t know of this specific rant but I was watching some of those year in reviews of the footy show from 1994, 95, 96 etc on youtube and I reckon applied today every single episode would have calls for cancelation. In fact Ted Whitten appears in one where he is mocking the players of that era and promotes drink driving and berates homosexuals. Sam Newman does it every 15 minutes. The audience is pretty much having a good laugh about it. Even when Sam does street talk and goes up to random women and says “aren’t you a fair piece turn around and show us your behind” - the audience is in stitches even the females.

it was a different world.

It hasn’t changed for the better

Surprising Ted didn't wear a dress to make it a real hoot in the vein of an old style footy revue.
A mate of mine used to work in a drive in bottle shop in the western suburbs in the mid 80's. Whitten used to drive in for a few travellers a couple of times a week when he was working for Adidas as a sales rep. He had an arrangement to get freebees there and took advantage of it and was rude as * to the poor buggers that served him.

A mate of mine used to work in a drive in bottle shop in the western suburbs in the mid 80's. Whitten used to drive in for a few travellers a couple of times a week when he was working for Adidas as a sales rep. He had an arrangement to get freebees there and took advantage of it and was rude as fu** to the poor buggers that served him.
And when he got home ......

Do they? Or have you been watching Seinfeld and Sex in the City repeats?

I've worked in offices for over 15 years and never heard a conversation like that at work.
I've heard some middle aged women suggest that managers should hire some eye candy and call the occasional co-worker good looking. It's rare and that's where it stops. Not in the same galaxy as Tom's comments.

I posted earlier about doing a 'deep dive' into people's out of work conversations etc,etc,etc - What I was referring to was that What's App group would have members who either work at Fox Footy or in the AFL industry who in EFFECT have endorsed Morris's comments about Barnard - Any repercussions for this group ?

I posted earlier about doing a 'deep dive' into people's out of work conversations etc,etc,etc - What I was referring to was that What's App group would have members who either work at Fox Footy or in the AFL industry who in EFFECT have endorsed Morris's comments about Barnard - Any repercussions for this group ?
How can you be so certain?

You can’t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back