Player Watch Jack Ginnivan (Traded to P&W 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
BT has made a career of not only pronouncing players names incorrectly but misidentifying players entirely. Seems par for the course when it comes to AFL media
His implosions whenever Orazio Fantasia got the footy (a name he always mispronounced) infuriated me beyond reason.

What is it with footy media and glorifying being an idiot?

There is method behind this madness …

… part of the science / art of sports commentary is to have the audience be engaged and the insecure testosterone filled males feel good about themselves.

A master of this was Murray Walker (The voice of F1) …

… he was incessantly criticised for having NFI ..

… but this made the viewers feel superior about themselves and F1 engagement dropped off when he retired and was replaced by people who were far more competent.

Other chemistries are to have a couple who feed off each other (Roy and HG, the Captain and the Major) or to have a couple who have tension (Murray Walker and James Hunt, Marv Albert and Mike Fratello) …

… but maybe they’re too hard and it’s just easier to have an idiot?

There is method behind this madness …

… part of the science / art of sports commentary is to have the audience be engaged and the insecure testosterone filled males feel good about themselves.

A master of this was Murray Walker (The voice of F1) …

… he was incessantly criticised for having NFI ..

… but this made the viewers feel superior about themselves and F1 engagement dropped off when he retired and was replaced by people who were far more competent.

Other chemistries are to have a couple who feed off each other (Roy and HG, the Captain and the Major) or to have a couple who have tension (Murray Walker and James Hunt, Marv Albert and Mike Fratello) …

… but maybe they’re too hard and it’s just easier to have an idiot?
In that case Dwayne Russell must be the most caring, compassionate broadcaster in the history of sports

Hahaha. Your self-importance is oozing.

Players demand for the ball literally constantly. It is unending. Egos are important, sure - but you are deliberately choosing to ignore their collective joy in the outcome. As soon as the goal was kicked they all forgot about being burnt. Stop trying to create an issue where there isn't one, for fu**s sake
I’m wasn’t seeking to create an issue, it would be arrogant to assume I could. I was merely asking a question based on my observations and the fundamentals of sport.

Would you like me to tag you every time I make a post, save you from searching too hard. You’re like a full time thought police stalker.

I’m wasn’t seeking to create an issue, it would be arrogant to assume I could. I was merely asking a question based on my observations and the fundamentals of sport.

Would you like me to tag you every time I make a post, save you from searching too hard. You’re like a full time thought police stalker.
I love how you can call me arrogant, then in the same breath think your posts are so noteworthy I go out of my way to seek them! You are a walking pantomime

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Ginnivan played for another club he'd drive us all mad also if we're being honest.

But he's ours and we'll protect him to the bitter end.

Besides the mother of Bundy still loved him and Ted couldn't kick 5
It's a joy having so many young kids to get excited about each week. Quaynor, N and J Daicos, Ginnivan. Reef, Begg and McCreery have all shown something and set the crowd alight. I feel like we are emerging from a dark dank cave back into light and fresh air. I know Bucks must take credit for blooding some of these boys but the style of play has changed and as I predicted, we are enjoying watching Collingwood play the game even when we are on the losing end occasionally.

I can already see Ginnivan featuring in the next history book on the Pies by Michael Roberts in a decade or so. Hopefully he has a long history of goal kicking feats and adoration from Pie fans that takes us back to the days of Peter McKenna! :)
Never use the word ‘dank’ in association with our club. You should be band for at least a week for that atrocity.

If Ginnivan played for another club he'd drive us all mad also if we're being honest.

But he's ours and we'll protect him to the bitter end.

Besides the mother of Bundy still loved him and Ted couldn't kick 5 on Anzac Day.
Id back Ted in to snag a couple. Dont reckon many would want to piss him off too much and apply a hard tag

Gee, he’s come a long long way from the cheeky young kid running around in the sweatband and shorts three sizes too big for him …

… and that was only 6 weeks ago!!
Crazy to think..

He has become better when he changed his hair lol

Players have been put off balance by the baulk for over one hundred years and will for the next hundred but armchair heroes would never be sucked in. Like you say-how about credit to the goal kicker?
It's easy to get stepped when you're running full speed, the other option is corrale but gives space to snap. But yeah instead of focusing on the speed, composure and class of Ginivan to get through that situation lets dump on the tacklers.

It's easy to get stepped when you're running full speed, the other option is corrale but gives space to snap. But yeah instead of focusing on the speed, composure and class of Ginivan to get through that situation lets dump on the tacklers.
First tackler didn't get there. Second tackler probably should have held on. Third tackler had no option but to charge at him - otherwise Ginnivan would have just kicked it on the right without needing to baulk him. That desperate effort nearly kept it alive for the blokes coming in later to get there.

It was incredible from Ginnivan - his awareness and skill is off the charts.

Unpopular opinion, but I don't see him becoming a gun forward pocket, and probably not even a long term best 22 lock. I hope he proves me wrong, but we've seen a number of times small forwards have a couple of good games, but in reality struggle to be regular performers.

True, we did have a few players who failed to live up to their early hype (Fasolo, Stephenson are a few that come to mind) …

… but what would you have expected to see in Ginni‘s 11 games to make him look more like a keeper?

Unpopular opinion, but I don't see him becoming a gun forward pocket, and probably not even a long term best 22 lock. I hope he proves me wrong, but we've seen a number of times small forwards have a couple of good games, but in reality struggle to be regular performers.
I think the only thing that might stop him form being a gun forward pocket long term is if they decide to play him higher up the ground - and then he'll become a gun in that role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back