Another US mass shooting

Remove this Banner Ad

You only have to go to twitter and see the responses to realise it is a futile effort trying to get them to understand the need for less guns and rigorous checking on those who are buying them. Below video and comments says it all.

This was a great watch. Very powerful.

Yes the response after Sandy Hook showed that.
The same speeches will be made, the same talking points will come up, the same whinging from Fox News and right wingers will take place. And nothing will change.

The same speeches will be made, the same talking points will come up, the same whinging from Fox News and right wingers will take place. And nothing will change.
Just saw on Hannity he said tragic events and politicising of the incident in the one sentence

These people are just insane

Just saw on Hannity he said tragic events and politicising of the incident in the one sentence

These people are just insane
Gun lobbies love this topic. Manufacturers always sell more guns when it comes up. Kids getting murdered is a real money maker.

Shooter has been identified. Is 18 so is unlikely to have been a student if it is an Elementary School (not 100% on the different names in US though). Few stories being "reported" so obviously wrong ones out there.

Does appear to have been shot by a border patrol agent, but think they may have just been in the area and not pursuing him like some people jumped on. That at least seems pretty much confirmed at the moment.

Shooter has been identified. Is 18 so is unlikely to have been a student if it is an Elementary School (not 100% on the different names in US though). Few stories being "reported" so obviously wrong ones out there.

Does appear to have been shot by a border patrol agent, but think they may have just been in the area and not pursuing him like some people jumped on. That at least seems pretty much confirmed at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
America

You know............freedom and sh*t

Where teenagers can slaughter and butcher little elementary school kids and no one batters an eyelid anymore as it's "the norm"

Wake the **** up!!!!!!!!
If they renamed child murder as abortion in the 37th trimester, they might stand a chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now 19 children and 2 teachers. :( :(

Plus the gunman and possibly his grandmother.

Did see a report he was being pursued in relation to a murder. If that's the case you would think he killed his grandmother elsewhere and that started the pursuit. It is possible though she worked at the school and that's why it was targeted.

Imagine being that kind of person. Kills a family member and decides to do this instead of surrender to authorities. Still speculation at this stage of course.

No one needs to know his name.

I lean heavily towards reporting these things as much as possible but we would be naive if we didn't acknowledge that the people who do this are in some way immortalized in having their face and deeds spread across the world for the horrible things they've done.

Who they end up being isn't a good somebody, but they become a known person for it.

Maybe they would be less frequent if nobody ever knew who they were, but again, I lean towards reporting as much as possible.

The monster always ends up the most famous figure in all these horrible things.

Did see a report he was being pursued in relation to a murder. If that's the case you would think he killed his grandmother elsewhere and that started the pursuit. It is possible though she worked at the school and that's why it was targeted.

Imagine being that kind of person. Kills a family member and decides to do this instead of surrender to authorities. Still speculation at this stage of course.

high number of mass shootings in the US, can be categorised as DV. I think around 60%.
a very high number are men who shoot up their families.

I lean heavily towards reporting these things as much as possible but we would be naive if we didn't acknowledge that the people who do this are in some way immortalized in having their face and deeds spread across the world for the horrible things they've done.

Who they end up being isn't a good somebody, but they become a known person for it.

Maybe they would be less frequent if nobody ever knew who they were, but again, I lean towards reporting as much as possible.

The monster always ends up the most famous figure in all these horrible things.
Why do we need to know the shooter's name?

Apparently the pro-gun lobby are already proposing a solution of either arming teachers at the schools or for schools of have armed security.

a/ if anyone thinks that a frumpy history teacher is going to jump into action and become John McClain from Die Hard has been watching too many movies. These are probably the same people who say they will karate kick the gun out the gunmans hands and save the day if they ever end up in a situation like that.

b/ having armed security at the schools may be a little more practical but sad that it has to come to that. Though I wonder how people will respond to the idea of their taxes going up to pay for the armed security where 99.99999999% of the time they are effectively doing nothing.

high number of mass shootings in the US, can be categorised as DV. I think around 60%.
a very high number are men who shoot up their families.

I'd imagine it would depend on the classification. Certainly don't doubt the DV number could be high, but I'd be very surprised if the highest instances aren't gang related shootings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back