List Mgmt. 2022 Young Talent Time

Remove this Banner Ad

How is Corey Tregenza Cashell?

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app
he's a 19 year old playing against players a year younger and usually skinnier/smaller than him

he doesn't do enough for mine, has games where he kicks 0 and just goes missing. Wouldn't be close to draft conversation right now

Bastyy you got anything about Christian Wilson from SF?
He's been pretty good this season, I've been a fan of him for a while and he hasn't disappointed this year but it's easy to see why there are others picked ahead of him. He can find the ball better than most and use it well but his size is a real issue for the next level. Deserves a state call up but I don't think he's gotten one yet (with a few other guys getting late call ups I'm hopeful he gets a chance) and has a few other mids ahead of him like Kane Bevan, Elijah Hewett, Jed Hagan and even there might be more upside in some like Mitch Barron and Harry Cole

Definitely one to watch though

He's been pretty good this season, I've been a fan of him for a while and he hasn't disappointed this year but it's easy to see why there are others picked ahead of him. He can find the ball better than most and use it well but his size is a real issue for the next level. Deserves a state call up but I don't think he's gotten one yet (with a few other guys getting late call ups I'm hopeful he gets a chance) and has a few other mids ahead of him like Kane Bevan, Elijah Hewett, Jed Hagan and even there might be more upside in some like Mitch Barron and Harry Cole

Definitely one to watch though
cheers for that, do you know any players that have been added onto the state team apart from Harry Cole?

cheers for that, do you know any players that have been added onto the state team apart from Harry Cole?
Cole is the only one I've heard of so far, but we've still got just under a month until WA's first game so we should know of the final squad soon

That’s astounding! Actually thought that was one of our strengths this season…
That's a misleading stat. The games in the wet where the ones that would have resulted in our low ranking in that stat. We were doing well in in that area beafore our two games in the wet.

Some updates on some of the WA prospects WAFL games:
  • Jedd Busslinger - playing WAFL seniors, against West Perth 3 marks, 9 disposals from defence in a winning team.
  • Eljiah Hewett - also playing WAFL seniors, had a quiet game against the eagles with only 3 disposals, but generally averaging over 10 disposals over previous games.
  • Matthew Broadbent - 17 disposals 24 hitouts for Peel Colts. Only 2 marks 1 tackle though.
  • Kane Bevan - 30 disposals against East Perth in the colts.
  • Jasper Scaife - 2 goals against East Perth colts in losing team, generally going at about 1.5 goals a game.
  • Luke Brown - 3 goals against Perth in the colts.
  • Jed Hagan - 21 disposals 10 tackles for the winning East Freo colts against South Fremantle
  • Sam Gilbey - held quiet by Perth with only 13 disposals.

I feel we are now recruiting for needs, not necessarily best available

For me, mid sized forward, half back coverage and a project key forward / ruck

This assumes we get Gus free agency, keep Lobb, Meek and Logue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking that either a mid sized forward or a tall full back would be good. Will need someone to be able to replace Alex Pearce next time he gets injured.

A pick in the 15-18 bracket, with Mundy, Walters getting on.
A 192cm mid would be handy. Then another forward?
Even tho we don't really have any tall inside mids coming through, there are big expectations of Angus brayshaw coming in.

Brayshaw x2, Serong, Brodie, Erasmus, Johnson is already going to be hard to fit in the 22. I don't think we need anymore inside mids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even tho we don't really have any tall inside mids coming through, there are big expectations of Angus brayshaw coming in.

Brayshaw x2, Serong, Brodie, Erasmus, Johnson is already going to be hard to fit in the 22. I don't think we need anymore inside mids.

I tend to agree with this, and am thinking that we have most positions covered except the fwd/ruck and a Pearce like defender to develop.

No doubt we will go best available at first in the draft.

We also know that Mundy, Fyfe, Tabs, Lobb, Walters etc are closer to the end of their careers than the start.

It’s a balancing act and the higher up the ladder we go the trickier it gets to fill the holes left by those retiring.

I was thinking that either a mid sized forward or a tall full back would be good. Will need someone to be able to replace Alex Pearce next time he gets injured.

Pretty much our main two needs atm imo.

After that we could look at:
  • More inside mids (Mundy retiring soon, Blakely to be delisted)
  • Speedy half back (Wilson to be delisted)

A forward/ruck that’s ready to go when Lobb is injured would also be ideal but with Kuek and Benning on the list already I can’t see us going there.

I reckon we need small forwards.

We play 3 or 4 each week and we have:

Walters - Old
Schultz - Ok
Switkowski - Good
Frederick - Ok to good.

Western as depth

Maybe Colyer (old), Erasmus (midfielder), Banfield (Banfield) and Sturt (may not make it) if you are generous.

Very little firepower or depth to that list.

I expect we will go best available - there are at this stage really no pressing list needs in terms of position:

1. We really don't need to draft tall midfielders; as Taylor said we already have Erasmus (190cm) and Johnson (192cm) in the wings as well as it going to be hard to fit both Fyfe (190cm) and Brodie (189) into the same team, as well as Acres (190cm) who has solidified his spot in the team this year. Also O'Driscoll (188cm) who was in the team and playing well before injury.
2. I dont think we would be after any more ruck/forwards with Kuet and Benning already on the list developing along with Meek. And we have plenty of backup key forward prospects in both Treacy and Amiss who aren't even in the side yet, but have been performing reasonably (when fit) at WAFL level.
3. We have a large number of defenders that can play a lock down role, so much so that we have moved one forward and still have a premiership one in the WAFL.

As such we should definitely be going into this year's draft with an open mind. Good character, good athletic traits and skill will be the focus I would imagine.

I expect we will go best available - there are at this stage really no pressing list needs in terms of position:

1. We really don't need to draft tall midfielders; as Taylor said we already have Erasmus (190cm) and Johnson (192cm) in the wings as well as it going to be hard to fit both Fyfe (190cm) and Brodie (189) into the same team, as well as Acres (190cm) who has solidified his spot in the team this year. Also O'Driscoll (188cm) who was in the team and playing well before injury.
2. I dont think we would be after any more ruck/forwards with Kuet and Benning already on the list developing along with Meek. And we have plenty of backup key forward prospects in both Treacy and Amiss who aren't even in the side yet, but have been performing reasonably (when fit) at WAFL level.
3. We have a large number of defenders that can play a lock down role, so much so that we have moved one forward and still have a premiership one in the WAFL.

As such we should definitely be going into this year's draft with an open mind. Good character, good athletic traits and skill will be the focus I would imagine.
A true small forward, not small midfielder who is shoehorned forward, would be my priority.
This list of: Switta/Frederick/Colyer/Shultz/Walters/Henry/Crowden/Western are all players who are not small forwards apart from their size. They all are half forwards, wings or small midfielders. I'd be happy with best available, but with our pick being around the 13-18 mark, we should be on to get the best small in the draft.
If not a small forward, next best shout would be another medium forward (if the club doesn't hold much hope for Sturt).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back