Chelsea Randall (signed until 2023)
Sarah Allan
Teah Charlton
Eloise Jones
Danielle Ponter
Stevie-Lee Thompson
Niamh Kelly
Amber Ward
We’ve signed our core group of must-haves. Kelly looks to be a very useful get up forward.
Still plenty to look forward to for the next season!

Crows have announced that Deni Varnhagen will remain on Inactive list and is pregnant. No mention of Metcalf. 7 days away from preseason training.
It does give it more perspective why she was so against vaccination. Even though there hasn’t been much mention of significant pregnancy adverse effects relating to Covid jabs, there is always a question whether long term effects may occur, in which there is no full answer.

It does give it more perspective why she was so against vaccination. Even though there hasn’t been much mention of significant pregnancy adverse effects relating to Covid jabs, there is always a question whether long term effects may occur, in which there is no full answer.
Don't think she was pregnant back when vaccine mandates came out in November and the vaccine was available much earlier than that. I know many who refused the vaccine while pregnant, but as soon as baby was out, they got vaccinated.

Don't think she was pregnant back when vaccine mandates came out in November and the vaccine was available much earlier than that. I know many who refused the vaccine while pregnant, but as soon as baby was out, they got vaccinated.
Given the lawsuit she is fighting and has continued to fight, it's clear that her opposition to he vaccine mandates is rooted more in claims of personal liberty etc than any concern for her pregnancy.

Usually there would be pregnancy planning months before the actual pregnancy, and then months of trying to conceive. So the concerns would take effect while contemplating on future pregnancy rather than just purely during the pregnancy period.

I’m not necessarily agreeing or disagreeing with her stance, but it gives more light into her firm anti-vax stance.

Sarah Allan and Eloise Jones will remain at West Lakes until at least Season Eight after putting pen to paper on new deals.

I think Sarah is our most important player. Hopefully she has another 10+ years at the club.

Sarah Allan and Eloise Jones will remain at West Lakes until at least Season Eight after putting pen to paper on new deals.

I think Sarah is our most important player. Hopefully she has another 10+ years at the club.
Fantastic news, Two exceptional young players!! 👍

Honestly I don't think we could have done any better in terms of players lost to expansions - I thought we'd lose more than we did
I think it’s lucky that we ended the season with a premiership. Otherwise, losing 2 GFs in a row maybe too heartbreaking, and can see the core group looking for a fresh start.

Honestly I don't think we could have done any better in terms of players lost to expansions - I thought we'd lose more than we did

Speaks volumes about the culture of the club that so many players want to stay despite the lure of expansion clubs.

Winning 3 flags in 6 years, and featuring in 4/5 Grand Finals helps too.

Crows have announced five more "signings", but in reality four of them are just players who signed two-season contracts last year and have just "reaffirmed their commitment" to the clubs (Ponter, Button, Charlton, Thompson). The only new signing is Najwa Allen who has signed a one-year extension.

AFLW: Five more locked in

As at 15 Jun 22 is 12 players with 15 TBA and possibly 2 to de-list

Chelsea Randall
Ebony Marinoff
Anne Hatchard
Sarah Allan
Teah Charlton
Eloise Jones
Danielle Ponter
Stevie-Lee Thompson
Hannah Button
Najwa Allen
Niamh Kelly
Amber Ward

As at 15 Jun 22 is 12 players with 15 TBA and possibly 2 to de-list

Chelsea Randall
Ebony Marinoff
Anne Hatchard
Sarah Allan
Teah Charlton
Eloise Jones
Danielle Ponter
Stevie-Lee Thompson
Hannah Button
Najwa Allen
Niamh Kelly
Amber Ward

Of those not yet signed, you have to say that Gould, Martin, Biddell, McKinnon, Woodland and Rajcic are the next wave of "must-signs".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chelsea Randall
Ebony Marinoff
Anne Hatchard
Sarah Allan
Teah Charlton
Eloise Jones
Danielle Ponter
Stevie-Lee Thompson
Hannah Button
Najwa Allen
Ash Woodland
Montana McKinnon
Marijana Rajcic
Jasmyn Hewett
Niamh Kelly
Amber Ward

Current AFLW contract status

Signed to End of 2023
Eloise Jones
Sarah Allan
Chelsea Randall
Anne Hatchard
Eb Marinoff

Signed to End of 2022
Stevie-Lee Thompson
Najwa Allen
Teah Charlton
Danielle Ponter
Niamh Kelly
Amber Ward
Ash Woodland
Montana McKinnon
Marijana Rajcic
Jasmyn Hewett
Hannah Button

Out of Contract
Rhiannon Metcalfe
Caitlin Gould
Zoe Prowse
Rachelle Martin
McKenzie Dowrick
Jasmine Simmons
Chelsea Biddell
Ailish Considine
Maddi Newman
Hannah Munyard
Lisa Whiteley
Abbie Ballard
Brooke Tonon
Dayna Cox

Inactive List
Deni Varnhagen (pregnancy)

Moved On
Ange Foley (expansion signing to Port Adelaide)
Jess Sedunary (traded to West Coast)
Nikki Gore (traded to Fremantle)
Erin Phillips (expansion signing to Port Adelaide)
Justine Mules (expansion signing to Port Adelaide)

Current AFLW contract status

Signed to End of 2023
Eloise Jones
Sarah Allan
Chelsea Randall
Anne Hatchard
Eb Marinoff

Signed to End of 2022
Stevie-Lee Thompson
Najwa Allen
Teah Charlton
Danielle Ponter
Niamh Kelly
Amber Ward
Ash Woodland
Montana McKinnon
Marijana Rajcic
Jasmyn Hewett
Hannah Button

Out of Contract
Rhiannon Metcalfe
Caitlin Gould
Zoe Prowse
Rachelle Martin
McKenzie Dowrick
Jasmine Simmons
Chelsea Biddell
Ailish Considine
Maddi Newman
Hannah Munyard
Lisa Whiteley
Abbie Ballard
Brooke Tonon
Dayna Cox

Inactive List

Moved On
There is one more player signed and not announced as per below announcing 4 more re-signed

"Crows Head of Women’s Football Phil Harper said keeping the squad together was a testament to the culture and the team’s desire for success.
The Club has now retained or extended the contracts of 15 players from its Season Six squad.
“Retaining most of our list is crucial to ensuring we can have sustained success,” Harper said."

There is one more player signed and not announced as per below announcing 4 more re-signed

"Crows Head of Women’s Football Phil Harper said keeping the squad together was a testament to the culture and the team’s desire for success.
The Club has now retained or extended the contracts of 15 players from its Season Six squad.
“Retaining most of our list is crucial to ensuring we can have sustained success,” Harper said."
They probably mean Varnhagen who is retained on the inactive list

Gould and Martin are the next two most important signings that are left in my opinion

Add Chelsea Biddell to those two.
And the next rung of important signings are Newman, Munyard and Tonon who I think will be very good. We need these youngsters to go well, as we won’t be getting higher end SA talent for a while.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Signed to End of 2023
Eloise Jones
Sarah Allan
Chelsea Randall
Anne Hatchard
Eb Marinoff
Zoe Prowse
Abbie Ballard
Brooke Tonon

Signed to End of 2022
Stevie-Lee Thompson
Najwa Allen
Teah Charlton
Danielle Ponter
Niamh Kelly
Amber Ward
Ash Woodland
Montana McKinnon
Marijana Rajcic
Jasmyn Hewett
Hannah Button
Caitlin Gould
Rachelle Martin
Chelsea Biddell
Hannah Munyard
Jasmine Simmons
Maddi Newman
Ailish Considine
Lisa Whiteley

Out of Contract
McKenzie Dowrick
Dayna Cox

Inactive List

Moved On

Retired
Rhiannon Metcalfe

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back