Autopsy Back on the winners list Swans by 53 against the Dogs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Decided to go at the last minute. Security wouldn’t let me in without a collared shirt. So I walked around the football stadium, zipped up my parka and walked straight in at gate H.

Sam Reid is playing the best footy of his life.
Paps was terrible and fantastic.
Clarke runs like a maniac.

Pressure, pressure, pressure. If you have that around this stage of the year you win the game. Had that from minute 1 and completely shell shocked their midfield.

Beat them in their own game, smashed it in the clearances and contested possessions. Every player played their part tonight and gee are we licking our lips of some star individual performances. Reid, Bud, Warner, Mills, Papley, Paddy, Heeney. In my eyes I think Pappa gets the BOG, 17 score involvements, 5 goal assists could've had 6 goals, those stats are cooked.

Reid filled the gap of the number 1 ruck very well, tackled English as soon as he got the hitouts, Mills was a star tonight with his pressure and setting up the attack kicks, Warner just keeps on getting better and better, Paddy with 14 marks had a career best game, Heeney hits his expectations with 4 lovely goals... I could go on. Every player played their part tonight.

Clarke did a fine job on Dale too, kept him to like 2 touches at 2nd quarter, hopefully keeps his spot in the side next week to do a job on Jordan Clark.

Won this game on the back of our pressure, sent the doggies mids into their shells, we played angry. More of that please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Five things I learned:

1. This team could really go places if they brought the same intensity every week. It's kind of frustrating knowing how far below their best they've been at times this season.
2.a) Having two quality ruckmen competing for one spot is working wonders as it's bringing out the best in both of them.
b) As long as Reid is fit we won't need Hickey and Ladhams in the same side.
3. Clarke deserves a regular place in the side.
4. Cunningham is finished.
5. Once Warner and our other young midfielders develop their ability to run out games we will be a truly scary prospect for any opposition.

The only thing I would change is our sub player type. I reckon it should be someone like jpk who we can bring on because we are probs getting smashed in the mids/contested footy and he can be our last resort option. I'm not sold with cunners as our sub.

Interested to hear peoples views of Stephens. I saw quite a bit of him tonight and was surprised he got so few touches.

Meh.

Had some good chases

Five things I learned:

1. This team could really go places if they brought the same intensity every week. It's kind of frustrating knowing how far below their best they've been at times this season.
2.a) Having two quality ruckmen competing for one spot is working wonders as it's bringing out the best in both of them.
b) As long as Reid is fit we won't need Hickey and Ladhams in the same side.
3. Clarke deserves a regular place in the side.
4. Cunningham is finished.
5. Once Warner and our other young midfielders develop their ability to run out games we will be a truly scary prospect for any opposition.
Agree with all but 4, Cunningham has just returned from injury so will need some time to warm up. But isn't a lock on the best 22 atm.

Hahaha EAD cheat dogs. Hope we ruined their run for the 8.
Umps couldn’t get you over the line this time. Might have needed super sub gianfagna out there.

Also come in and like our posts this time like you did with your 25 player performance last game against us.

Great win bloods

Interested to hear peoples views of Stephens. I saw quite a bit of him tonight and was surprised he got so few touches.
Playing on the wing when we focussed on corridor.

But he’s hitting hard in defence, runs hard both ways & was even barking instructions at stoppages.

I see him as starting to genuinely feel like he belongs.

And that “too far” free at the end proves once and for all that umps can’t count once they run out of fingers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back