VFL Footscray vs Coburg Saturday 6 August, 12.05pm AEST @ WO

Remove this Banner Ad

Well we’re still persisting with conceding the mark, so I guess we’ll also see a continuation in the seniors later today. 🤦‍♂️

Even if McComb had even an ounce of self awareness about his limitations he’d maybe be okay but here we are with him trying to drill lace out impossible kicks into the pocket 😂 top of the square son, understand your limitations

Even if McComb had even an ounce of self awareness about his limitations he’d maybe be okay but here we are with him trying to drill lace out impossible kicks into the pocket 😂 top of the square son, understand your limitations
It was a shocking decision/option he went for. Unfortunately his disposal and decision making are average even at this level. Goes hard and gets the ball but they don’t make up for his limitations

Suspect that Khamis was taken out of the game by a suspected concussion, haven't seen him since halfway through the 2nd. Raak been thrown into defence after the last couple of weeks in the forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does Butler get another year? Seems to be the definition of a list clogger to me.

Artie Jones makes simple things look difficult and rarely takes a ball at the first attempt. Would need to improve A LOT over pre-season to have any sort of impact next year.

Personally hoping we draft McPherson. He's raw but seems to love a contest and looks physically ready for AFL.

Josh Schache 7.1.43 def Coburg Lions 5.5.35

Does Butler get another year? Seems to be the definition of a list clogger to me.

Artie Jones makes simple things look difficult and rarely takes a ball at the first attempt. Would need to improve A LOT over pre-season to have any sort of impact next year.

Personally hoping we draft McPherson. He's raw but seems to love a contest and looks physically ready for AFL.

No chance Butler gets another year. No elite traits and doesn't get near it nearly enough.

I'd have Artie work hard with Varcoe during the preseason, his biggest problem is that he's not clean enough and that's something that Varcoe was great at.

I know it was only lowly Coburg but a 7 goal bag from Schache shows what he’s capable of if allowed to play in one spot.

He still has limitations (mainly his physicality) but he’s worth a spot on an AFL senior list list and I’ll be pissed off if we only get a third rounder for him. Could easily become a 40 goal a year KPF. In fact I’d still like us to keep him because we’ve already done the hard yards and Bruce may only have a season left.

His ability to kick straight from the set shot is underrated. Reminded me of Beasley for some reason.

Wonder if Hannans done enough for the call up next week? Awful awful awfulis Hannans level.
I know it was only lowly Coburg but a 7 goal bag from Schache shows what he’s capable of if allowed to play in one spot.

He still has limitations (mainly his physicality) but he’s worth a spot on an AFL senior list list and I’ll be pissed off if we only get a third rounder for him. Could easily become a 40 goal a year KPF. In fact I’d still like us to keep him because we’ve already done the hard yards and Bruce may only have a season left.

His ability to kick straight from the set shot is underrated. Reminded me of Beasley for some reason.
He has hardened up quite a bit. This notion Of him being soft is a bit outdated now he’s no contested beast but he doesn’t shy away from contact or the contest anymore.

Final VFL stats...
FT.png
kicks, kicking efficiency, handballs, disposals efficiency, contested possessions, uncontested possessions, marks, contested marks, intercept marks, tackles, pressure acts, spoils, frees for, frees against, hitouts, hitouts to advantage, clearances, centre clearances, inside 50s, rebound 50s, shots, goals/behinds, score assists, score involvements, metres gained, fantasy points, ranking points

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back