Coach 2022 Coaching

Remove this Banner Ad

Even Danger has had 7 years at both clubs and while he was already developed, his best footy was at Geelong under Scott. I have begrudgingly come around to the fact that he's an incredibly good coach and that they are one of the best run sporting clubs in the country.

Players brought into club 20yo or younger
Since 2011(Scott era) in best 22/rotation 2022.

Geelong-9

Blicavs, O’Connor, Bews, Kolodjashnij, parfitt, Henry, miers, Holmes, deKoning.

Saints-20

Seb, Webster, Billings, Membrey, McKenzie, Sinclair, Gresham, Steele, long, battle, Marshall, Clark, Coffield, Paton, king, Byrnes, Sharman, nas, windy, Owens.

Just for fun

B- Webster, Battle, Paton
Hb- Sinclair, Sharman, Coffield
C-Wanganeen, Windhager, McKenzie
Hf- Gresham, Membrey, Clark
F- Owens, King, Long
R- Marshall, Steele, Ross
Sub- Billings

Even Danger has had 7 years at both clubs and while he was already developed, his best footy was at Geelong under Scott. I have begrudgingly come around to the fact that he's an incredibly good coach and that they are one of the best run sporting clubs in the country.
Yeah gringo,
He’s a great coach.
The club is run Great.
I never opposed that,
I said he has never coached a team of kids.
This is a fact.
He has regularly had the oldest/most experienced starting 22 in the league each year of his tenure.

The club is incredibly successful, I wish we had had the decade they have had.
Although Scott is still yet to win a premiership of his own, I still say that first one was bombers team even though he was in the box.

Also * Geelong.

Yeah gringo,
He’s a great coach.
The club is run Great.
I never opposed that,
This is a fact.
He has regularly had the oldest/most experienced starting 22 in the league each year of his tenure.

Although Scott is still yet to win a premiership of his own, I still say that first one was bombers team even though he was in the box.

Also * Geelong.
I dunno how great he is when he's had what is probably the greatest armchair ride in modern football history. He could have stayed home in his first year and they'd still have won that premiership.
They are a triumph of Draft exceptions, quality admin and culture. Scott was lucky enough to land there at the right time, but at least smart enough not to mess around with what he was given.

I dunno how great he is when he's had what is probably the greatest armchair ride in modern football history. He could have stayed home in his first year and they'd still have won that premiership.
They are a triumph of Draft exceptions, quality admin and culture. Scott was lucky enough to land there at the right time, but at least smart enough not to mess around with what he was given.
To be fair we’ve seen another example of a self coaching team in GWS and Cameron couldn’t win them the flag

That doesn't explain how he's turned over as many players as we have and still stays in premiership mode. The reason they have a lot of guys that came in later is because they get guys like Menagola from the state leagues, Stewart from county footy etc. Does it matter that they aren't straight draft picks? They hardly get a heap of draft exemptions. That's Sydney, Mills and Heeney are their best players, both free and half dozen other guns for nothing.

He hasn't won a premiership since but they have moved on a golden generation and not lost ground. It's actually hard to comprehend how they've done it. That 2011 flag they were looking like us with an ageing list and no Ablett but still got the job done. Christensen and Motlop both very good in that game and never the same once they left.

Yeah no doubt good senior leaders help.
Duncan was already there when Scott got there.
Stewart came in at 23yo from playing under Scarlett in Geelong league.

I’ll give you Guthrie, bews, Henry and miers.
Duncan started in 2010, Scott's coached there since 2011. Stewart was a mature age recruit, but came in as a 23 year old who hadn't played in the big leagues, still very good development

Yeah gringo,
He’s a great coach.
The club is run Great.
I never opposed that,
This is a fact.

Also * Geelong.
The main thing I agree with you is the bolded

With season catch phrases like "Why Not Us" ...

The players can't even hit targets at the moment, God knows why the coaching group is telling them every week that its our turn to win the Grand Final.

Bewildering or just plain delusional...
both… the fact he thinks a poorly skilled and poorly organised team has a chance to play finals and win really says how little clue he has… aside from some good quarters here and there, we seriously look ordinary..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We also have a player skill issue but that's not as popular to acknowledge because you can't sack them all.
We've got enough players in our team with good foot skills. It's not an excuse. Hill for example is a triple premiership elite winger - one of the best kicks inside 50 before he came to us. Does he now not have those skills anymore?

We've got enough players in our team with good foot skills. It's not an excuse. Hill for example is a triple premiership elite winger - one of the best kicks inside 50 before he came to us. Does he now not have those skills anymore?
Hill had some bad ones last night. I seemingly don't rate a lot of players footskills as much as others then.

Hill had some bad ones last night. I seemingly don't rate a lot of players footskills as much as others then.
I'm not saying we are the highest skilled team, but we have enough players with decent or good skills in the team to not look like a dogs breakfast going inside 50. Gresh, Crouch and Jones probably our worst kicks and Gresh is actually good with short passing and Crouch isn't that bad. Jones is hit and miss

Remove this Banner Ad

Back