Coach Alastair Clarkson III - new NMFC senior coach until at least end 2027 - NMFC board approved AC to start 1/11 amid ongoing HFC racism investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
25QT.gif

My biggest takeaway from the presser is that he was NEVER remotely considering * and only took their call so they wouldn't feel like the losers that they are.
Told you all he was only paying lip service to *.

I'd like to thank Dustin Marin, Josh Kelly, Andrew Gaff, and many others, this would never have happened without, ops i mean with you.

Going out for dinner tonight with my partner and her older brother. My partner grew up going to Windy Hill and had a duffle coat with * badges but really doesn't follow the footy much now. She thinks I'm a nuffie for the amount of time I spend on BigFooty but was also interested in whether Clarko was coming to us or *

Her brother and parents still support the Scum.

I'll be wearing my NMFC polo and be getting three sheets to the wind but backing up for more beers at the game tomorrow

Great Success Win GIF

Cheers Elmer you’ve been pretty stand up with us this year.

You’re ok for a blue. Can I interest you in a membership

Would honestly consider it. Would never go to any North games (except when we play Carlton) but absolutely on board to making sure the Kangas are a Melbourne based time forever, so disappointed and pissed off that many neutral fans on this forum (including some prats of the Navy Blue persuasion) want to see North fold/merge or relocate to Tassie.

I went to Fitzroy's final game in Melbourne, never want to see scenes like that again. My memory is not as sharp as it once was, but the harrowing scenes from that grim day will live on in my mind till the day I die.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a small anecdote of the impact this has on the footy public. At 10.15 this morning I arrived at the local pool with my kids for swimming lessons and put a North beanie on.
In the time it took to walk about 50 metres from the car to the main entry 4 strangers congratulated me on North getting Clarko.

We are now the hot girl :cool::cool:

Dude, this s**t has destiny written all over it.

One day we'll all look back and it'll be obvious it couldn't have happened any other way.
“And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.” - The Alchemist

I think there would be a lot of people, who know they are pretty stupid, would take great heart at listening to someone who is clearly much more stupid then them. Every cloud has a silver lining.
Horace I want to contribute to your excellent thread comparing Clarko's appointment with the Barassi appointment (but I can't remember how to navigate around the Board). When I find it I will add my recollections. All I can say that's relevant to this thread is that I expect Clarko to dial up the standards during the games and at training. Our base minimum acceptable standards (fitness, skills, everything) will be higher is my guess. That's what Barassi did. He knew that your Blights and your Greigs and your Schimmas could be brilliant at times but even they had to operate from a higher base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back